Kevin Kolb may be available....

Buftex

Ok First of all, looking at the kid in a couple of starts certainly is not fair. The guy has never been a steady starter in the league, and if you are going to base it on the little bit of experience that he had in a couple of games then take a look at Ryan Fitzpatricks first couple of games for the Rams. He had 4 td and 8 interceptions. You dont judge a guy who hasnt had time to adapt to being a starter, hasnt had the chance to improve, and hasnt had enough time to get familiar with his wideouts/oline/te etc. For you guys saying that he is the next Rob Johnson please give me a break. Rob Johnson showed an ounce of talent in one game for the Jaguars. Then he was paid 25 million dollars based on one good peformance. He was a 4th round pick, and was never supposed to be anything special. Kevin Kolb was a stud in college, and has already shown glimpses in the pros that he can be exceptional. He was a 2nd round pick (almost a 1st), and is far more highly touted than RJ ever was. The comparison is so unfair. It seems as though many of the Bills fans feel just like the front office by thinking you can win WITHOUT a franchise QB. I am sorry but it does not happen. Nor does a franchise evolve in his first 7 starts. Kolb has had 7 starts in 4 seasons, obviously the kid isnt going to have a 140 passer rating. The comments about the Eagles asking for even ONE first rounder, let alone TWO are comical. We can get this kid for a third rounder if he becomes available.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great QB coach top RB talent the best WR in the NFL and a stellar line...and he's only an OK QB.

Fitz has been a good QB with much less talent. Why bother with a guy who can't succeed with top talent around him? Next.

You cant tell if a guy can succeed in a 7 game span over 4 years. I am sorry, but the NFL just doesnt work that way. Peyton Manning threw more interceptions than touchdowns in his first season as starter. Thats what happens to young QBs. They have to learn the game. Its not until their second or third year as a starter that you can see if they are going to pan out or not.

Id be thrilled with any starting quality QB we can bring in. Look how far Jay Cutler took the Bears this year. Not single handledly of course, but they had a heck of a season. Look at Kyle Orton before the team fell apart (the team fell apart not him), Look at Mike Vick with the Eagles as well. QBs can come into a new situation and succeed. It seems as though everyone on this board feels like every QB in the league is washed up. For some reason the general consensus is that Ryan Fitzpatrick is a starter in this league. I assure you that he wouldnt be for anyone except our pathetic team lol

Ok First of all, looking at the kid in a couple of starts certainly is not fair. The guy has never been a steady starter in the league, and if you are going to base it on the little bit of experience that he had in a couple of games then take a look at Ryan Fitzpatricks first couple of games for the Rams. He had 4 td and 8 interceptions. You dont judge a guy who hasnt had time to adapt to being a starter, hasnt had the chance to improve, and hasnt had enough time to get familiar with his wideouts/oline/te etc. For you guys saying that he is the next Rob Johnson please give me a break. Rob Johnson showed an ounce of talent in one game for the Jaguars. Then he was paid 25 million dollars based on one good peformance. He was a 4th round pick, and was never supposed to be anything special. Kevin Kolb was a stud in college, and has already shown glimpses in the pros that he can be exceptional. He was a 2nd round pick (almost a 1st), and is far more highly touted than RJ ever was. The comparison is so unfair. It seems as though many of the Bills fans feel just like the front office by thinking you can win WITHOUT a franchise QB. I am sorry but it does not happen. Nor does a franchise evolve in his first 7 starts. Kolb has had 7 starts in 4 seasons, obviously the kid isnt going to have a 140 passer rating. The comments about the Eagles asking for even ONE first rounder, let alone TWO are comical. We can get this kid for a third rounder if he becomes available.

I think it will be a first rounder and depending where in the first round maybe a 3rd or something like that. The reality is there are going to quite a few teams that would love Kolb over any other QB in this years draft, he is ready to play, understands the NFL and has shown some real talent at this level. RJ 2.0 isn't even close in my mind, right now I would say Schaub 2.0 with the possibility of an upgrade to the Aaron Rodgers 2.0 (which is a really high ceiling at this point). Given where the Bills are in the draft a 2nd and 3rd would be about right. Should the Bills go that route? I don't know, given the holes on the team and having Fitzpatrick already in the fold, perhaps a 2nd or 3rd QB selection with the idea of that person coming in and learning for the few years may make more sense.

I was on board for Kolb in the early stage of the season and even started a thread about it but Fitz may have bought himself some time.

For the second time this trade is impossible.

There IS NO TRADING PICKS FOR PLAYERS UNTIL A NEW CBA.

By the time the CBA closes it'll be too late to bring Kolb in to compete to be a starter, so we trade a 2012 2nd in August for a back up QB?

Thumbs down.

A 1992 Toyota Camry with 150,000 miles is a major upgrade over a 1986 Toyota Camry with 200,000 miles. But it's still crap.

Hey my 1986 Toyota Camry was Boss! Stupid Buffalo Salt killed that car the brake lines and fuel lines rusted out.

Right, so there will be no personel moves this season because of the CBA issue. Somehow I doubt that. Also, there is no prayer that anyone will give up a 1st round pick for Kolb. I will come on here immediately if I am wrong, and say it. My two strong personal guarantees are that the Eagles will NOT get 1st rounder for Kolb, and the Bills will NOT select Von Miller at #3. Speaking of the Eagles, I would love to see our offensive line right now if we never traded them Peters. Do we ever keep a player after they are good?

Right, so there will be no personel moves this season because of the CBA issue. Somehow I doubt that. Also, there is no prayer that anyone will give up a 1st round pick for Kolb. I will come on here immediately if I am wrong, and say it. My two strong personal guarantees are that the Eagles will NOT get 1st rounder for Kolb, and the Bills will NOT select Von Miller at #3. Speaking of the Eagles, I would love to see our offensive line right now if we never traded them Peters. Do we ever keep a player after they are good?

You need to read up on the CBA, young man.

No FA and no players for picks trades until there is a CBA.

You can trade picks for picks.

Fitz is an inadequate starting qb. Kyle Orton is a big upgrade. That is my definition of major.

I'm an Orton fan, actually. But I don't think he's a major upgrade. A solid upgrade when considering only his position? Sure.

Still, I beg to differ, when Orton will cost us picks. Fitz + the picks >> Orton and surrendering picks. This team needs more rolls of the dice on talent, not fewer.

FYI This might have been handier than your "because I say so" rationale.

The stats do tilt in Orton's favor though he had all of preseason with the #1s, and Fitz took awhile to heat up in this offense. I still don't see a major upgrade here and Fitz can keep plays alive with his legs where Orton can't.

I'd like to see Kolb in Buffalo. I remember readin a piece about him hunting Boar with just a knife. I'm serious. The kid is tough. And he's got a strong enough arm. His accuracy isn't a problem. So, he's got the things I'm looking for: Arm Strength, Character/toughness, accuracy - and, I don't think he made a stink with Vick stepping in and playing this year. I would give up, depending on his contract situation, a second for him.

But, this isn't a bad year for QB's. Just because there isn't a QB without some risk doesn't mean there isn't a QB to be had. I think there'll be 3 or 4 QB's to come out of this draft and end up starting and being decent within the next three years. So, if we can't get him for a second, then I think don't sweat it and go for someone like Kaepernick, Locker, Ponder, or Dalton - some of them should be available in the 3rd round.

Thanks Dad, but I am well aware of the rules. If there is no cba THEIR WONT EVEN BE FOOTBALL THIS SEASON!!! I didnt think I have to state the obvious. From now on I will start every post with..."If the NFL, and the Buffalo Bills play football in the 2011-2012 season, I would prefer them to do this.......... GET A LIFE!

I don't think that I want the guy here either (unless we get him uber cheap, which won't happen), but you guys who already have the guy figured out are a bit hasty, IMO. The guy doesn't have enough experience yet to know if he's going to be a solid QB or a flop.

Agreed, except that we do know he's had his 'bell rung' a couple times and missed significant playing time. As a comparison, most of us feel Trent never seemed to shake the 'Zona-cussion'.

Thanks Dad, but I am well aware of the rules. If there is no cba THEIR WONT EVEN BE FOOTBALL THIS SEASON!!! I didnt think I have to state the obvious. From now on I will start every post with..."If the NFL, and the Buffalo Bills play football in the 2011-2012 season, I would prefer them to do this.......... GET A LIFE!

Instead of the disclaimer you can post something that takes into account reality.

So not only is your post complete and utter nonsense in that it's not likely to happen if there were a CBA in place, it's doubly nonsense because you know it can't actually happen before you posted it. So in Essenes it's a fictional hypothetical that can't possibly come true.

And I'm the one that needs to get a Life?

"let's trade all of our defensive players for all of Pittsburgh's defenive players, Big Ben, a unicorn and their first , you think they'll do it? "

Genius . . .

Edited by Why So Serious?