Is Cameron Jordan the best player…

1billsfan

…that no one even knows about? Why isn't he talked about as a top 5 pick? As our #3 pick?

Great player…

Perfect size for 3/4 DE…

6'4" 287 lb., GBN Report noted he looked "solid" at the senior bowl weight in.

Great attitude (not a jerk)...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2011%2F01%2F27%2FSP491HEITA.DTL

Great "blood lines"…his Dad was a six time pro bowl tight end for the Vikings.

Senior Bowl practice phenom…"California DE Cameron Jordan was the best all-around defensive lineman - and maybe best player period - for the North team today. He was both quick and strong today and used his hands well to get around the offensive lineman in front of him; in particular, he abused Indiana G/T James Brewer all morning, but did get admonished by the coaches late in practice not to hit the QB. In fact, it was a tough day all-around for Brewer who had trouble with pass-rushers most of the morning. Once into his back-peddle he tends to be off-balance and loses most of his power."

How does a slacker guy like Bowers garner such huge press when a guy like this doesn't get any attention? This may be my top player at #3, even over the questionable character/maturity (but obviously hugely talented) guy Nick Fairley. He looks like the next Justin Tuck to me.

FYI, while he is #9 on the drafttek's big board, he's down the list on all the others, including #29 on GBN report.

…that no one even knows about? Why isn't he talked about as a top 5 pick? As our #3 pick?

Great player…

youtube.com/watch?v=RzIVTNoQHHA&feature=related

Perfect size for 3/4 DE…

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fc%2Fa%2F2011%2F01%2F27%2FSP491HEITA.DTL

Senior Bowl practice phenom…"California DE Cameron Jordan was the best all-around defensive lineman - and maybe best player period - for the North team today. He was both quick and strong today and used his hands well to get around the offensive lineman in front of him; in particular, he abused Indiana G/T James Brewer all morning, but did get admonished by the coaches late in practice not to hit the QB. In fact, it was a tough day all-around for Brewer who had trouble with pass-rushers most of the morning. Once into his back-peddle he tends to be off-balance and loses most of his power."

How does a slacker guy like Bowers garner such huge press when a guy like this doesn't get any attention? This may be my top player at #3, even over the questionable character/maturity (but obviously hugely talented) guy Nick Fairley. He looks like the next Justin Tuck to me.

FYI, while he is #9 on the drafttek's big board, he's down the list on all the others, including #29 on GBN report.

Also a big fan here! He's starting to garner some attention as a standout down in Mobile this week. Watch for a big game from this kid and a good combine to shoot him up into the top 10.

Great player…

Perfect size for 3/4 DE…

I didn’t know that about him, but I jumped on this bandwagon after the 1st Senior Bowl practices. I always noticed him in the 1st round of Mocks, but was never able to catch a Cal game this year (maybe an East Coast/West Coast thing?). I have read every article coming out of the senior bowl this week and every stinking one has said this guy is by far and away the best player there at any position – that’s a great endorsement. That’s the kind of pub BJ Raji got 2 years ago. His measurable are outstanding and he looks like a prototype 5 tech, which Buddy says we will be drafting for a 3-4. Also, I like the idea of drafting a 3-4 end that is also a 4-3 end and not a 4-3 DT if you know what I mean – that gives us more versatility.

I cant wait to watch him on Sat. If I am as impressed as I think I will be, then I would be fine with him at 3. I would like to try and trade back a few picks, add another 2nd (so we can take the 6’4’’ 337# NG ripped from Baylor, who Is also a standout at the Senior Bowl) and still nab him though. With 4 great 5 tech prospects (Fairley/Dareus/Bowers/Jordan) and another great DE/OLB tweener (Quinn) I think a trade back would be ideal, so hopefully there is a partner. Carimi/Clayborne/Heyward could also be others if we move back a tad later.

He is flying up people's draft boards. His huge arms and hands allow him to batter OTs into submission.

Spin and rip moves...

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/senior-bowl-day-3-risers-fallers-and-steady-as-they-go/

"DE Cameron Jordan, Cal: Jordan proved to have the strength to bull-rush tackles in Mobile, plus the burst to come off the edge. He also dazzled scouts with the spin and a rip move to get to the quarterback in one-on-one drills. Jordan was a lock as a second-round pick before the Senior Bowl. Now he’s rising up draft boards and he looks more like a first-round pick."

I love how they talk up how great he looks, then coyly mention that he's merely pushed himself from the second to the first round.

I didn’t know that about him, but I jumped on this bandwagon after the 1st Senior Bowl practices. I always noticed him in the 1st round of Mocks, but was never able to catch a Cal game this year (maybe an East Coast/West Coast thing?). I have read every article coming out of the senior bowl this week and every stinking one has said this guy is by far and away the best player there at any position – that’s a great endorsement. That’s the kind of pub BJ Raji got 2 years ago. His measurable are outstanding and he looks like a prototype 5 tech, which Buddy says we will be drafting for a 3-4. Also, I like the idea of drafting a 3-4 end that is also a 4-3 end and not a 4-3 DT if you know what I mean – that gives us more versatility.

I cant wait to watch him on Sat. If I am as impressed as I think I will be, then I would be fine with him at 3. I would like to try and trade back a few picks, add another 2nd (so we can take the 6’4’’ 337# NG ripped from Baylor, who Is also a standout at the Senior Bowl) and still nab him though. With 4 great 5 tech prospects (Fairley/Dareus/Bowers/Jordan) and another great DE/OLB tweener (Quinn) I think a trade back would be ideal, so hopefully there is a partner. Carimi/Clayborne/Heyward could also be others if we move back a tad later.

+1. I kept seeing him in mocks in the mid to late 1st and only saw 1 Cal game but didn't remember him or wasn't focused on the Cal D-Line.

If you could make a list of an ideal candidate for the Bills defensive line(Human Being not a fictional Superman) Cam Jordan would fit most of those requirements.

I am pretty impressed.

He has perfect size for a DE that can still play the run, excellent speed off the edge for his size, saw him work through some double-teams, holds his position well when moved to the middle and keeps blockers off him so he can still make a play to either side, longer arms and big hands that he uses well to shed blockers, solid tackler - good technique where he doesn't just try to knock guys down with his size rather he wraps up and drives them down or tosses them aside, great motor on all those clips - of course folks would need to look at full games to see if he takes plays off.

If the last point is not a concern this guy would fill that need that Maybin was supposed to - a speed rusher off the edge with enough power to shed blockers, but strong enough to play the run. I am not sure if some of the upper-echelon defensive players that project more to the interior of a front 4 are as big of a need with Troup and Kyle manning the middle. It will be an interesting draft, but I like more of what I see from this player than some of the ones I have seen touted as legit defensive overall 3rd picks.

the scary thing is his large frame which looks like it could put on even more muscle.

Great player…

Perfect size for 3/4 DE…

He may be the best senior DL.

Spin and rip moves...

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/senior-bowl-day-3-risers-fallers-and-steady-as-they-go/

"DE Cameron Jordan, Cal: Jordan proved to have the strength to bull-rush tackles in Mobile, plus the burst to come off the edge. He also dazzled scouts with the spin and a rip move to get to the quarterback in one-on-one drills. Jordan was a lock as a second-round pick before the Senior Bowl. Now he’s rising up draft boards and he looks more like a first-round pick."

I love how they talk up how great he looks, then coyly mention that he's merely pushed himself from the second to the first round.

I know - how silly of them to trust 4 years of tape that put him mid-late first (or in there case early second) and not vault him into the top 5 for having excellent practice drills this week ;)

I know - how silly of them to trust 4 years of tape that put him mid-late first (or in there case early second) and not vault him into the top 5 for having excellent practice drills this week ;)

Every year you're splitting hairs in the Top50 talent.

This year in particular the difference between the #10 ranked player and #50 ranked player is even thiner.

The next 3 months are going to shuffle these players then shuffle them again.

Every year late 1st/early2nd shoots up the ranks out of the senior bowl. This year it looks like it's going to be Cam Jordan.

Jordan is ranked in the top ten players on many sites including draftek. With the Bills crack staff at the senior bowl coaching him, it's a high possiblity he or Marcell Dareus is our pick.

Not that it matters, but I think he's on the north squad so that would be the Bengals coaching him, right?

Here's an interesting comment from the draft countdown mock draft...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

"Cal’s Cameron Jordan doesn’t get a lot of attention nationally but he is very highly thought of in scouting circles and could come off the board a lot earlier than most realize, much like his former teammate Tyson Alualu did last year."

Every year you're splitting hairs in the Top50 talent.

This year in particular the difference between the #10 ranked player and #50 ranked player is even thiner.

The next 3 months are going to shuffle these players then shuffle them again.

Every year late 1st/early2nd shoots up the ranks out of the senior bowl. This year it looks like it's going to be Cam Jordan.

I totally understand- just pointing out that it's been what? 3 Practice sessions? As a process I buy that come April he could push that far but to laugh at a site for not vaulting a 3-4 de so quickly is funny.

I totally understand- just pointing out that it's been what? 3 Practice sessions? As a process I buy that come April he could push that far but to laugh at a site for not vaulting a 3-4 de so quickly is funny.

True. With all the hype he is still a 3-4 DE. Good Point.

On the other hand are Pass Rush and Rush D is so horrible we need the most impact-ful defensive player on the board when we pick.

It just may end up being Cam Jordan.

I, too, was unfamiliar with him. After watching that, I would not be disappointed if we took him. He appears to be a monster. Add the fact that he has four years of school, he doesn't appear to be a one year wonder. Better bet Gailey & staff are watching. This kid should be considered.