levi brown

nuklz2594

He threw an out pattern in his cameo appearance against the Jets that really caught my attention. It was about a 20 yard out to the sideline that he delivered with great velocity, good timing, and it was right on the money to the receiver as soon as he came out of his break. Yes, it was just one pass, but there are starters in the league that can't make that throw.

Saw that. Like I said you can't ignore that arm. Need to see his mid range accuracy and defense reading. Only way to see that is to play him.

The op poses a question that is important to answer i think. But I just do not have much data to work with.

I thought his first NFL firefight with the Jets was at least interesting. The boy threw the ball like he meant it and knew why he was putting it right where he thought it should be. But that is just a moment. But kind of a big one. He probably thought one of the Jets might actually Kill him at that point in the game.

The problem i had with Brohm is read about him during training this past year and some preseason blurbs. But when he got to play he looked like Edwards, alot. To me anyways. Sorry but i hope he has better luck somewhere else.

Levi did not look lost. Thats all i know.

How do we ever know how these guys are going to be worth a hoot in a real nfl game if they do not get the opportunity. A very good point indeed.

In closing i feel that Levi will have some competition from the draft this year, and heck Fitz might too.

Dr trooth has made his always upbeat statement about Levi. I dont buy a word of it. i think the kid can play, hell of an arm. maybe its mostly hope though.

I agree with all the positive things posted about Brown concerning his talent. One thing I would like to add to the conversation is his outstanding attitude. I've seen the guy in a couple interviews and I was quite impressed. He's got a good head on his shoulders and a real passion for the game. Not only that, he has a real determination to be the best he can be, and also to be a starting QB in this league. I agree with other posters that Brohm is done in Buffalo, and would not be surprised at all to see Brown #2 next season. I did not agree with the decision to release him, and I'm glad he's back.

That bit of info on the interviews makes me feel even better towards the kid. I did not see or hear any of that.

Thanks. There are some folks that say Chan and his crew should have some good luck with developing young QBs.

I sure would not mind that as an asset. The Fitz got better purty quick or at least gave us some excitement.

By the way EiE i was considering if the whole release rookie practice squad backup thing was not in some way a thought out ploy. crazy i know. Go Levi.

I haven't seen Levi Brown do anything notable enough to think that he will do anything notable in the future. To me he seems to be just another low round QB draft pick, the kind that every team has had filling out it's roster. There have been hundreds of these kinds of QB's throughout the history of the league, many of whom never saw the field in a real game, and spent their careers playing in preseason games.

It's not a big deal, and I don't think we have to "get to the bottom of this Levi Brown issue" or some such nonsense.

Just how can we see what these level players can actually DO is my issue? So his 2-3rd year he should be able to step in and succeed as a #2 i think. look at the Chicago #3 heck he almost looked like he had been starting a couple of games.

We just did not get a chance to start these backups sooner. or did we?

Soory not start, but get them real

game exp

Just how can we see what these level players can actually DO is my issue? So his 2-3rd year he should be able to step in and succeed as a #2 i think. look at the Chicago #3 heck he almost looked like he had been starting a couple of games.

We just did not get a chance to start these backups sooner. or did we?

Soory not start, but get them real

game exp

It's not for the fans to decide. You have to trust the staff to make that decision. That's why I brought up that there have been hundreds of guys like that, not every guy can make it. They bring a guy in, try to develop him, and if they think he can do it, they give him a shot. If he doesn't impress, they can keep him until they upgrade, and in the meantime he can try to improve.

Of course, people will complain that this staff doesn't know what they are doing, bt I give them the benefit of a doubt. We have seen a bit of LB, and it was nothing special.

Let's debate the backup longsnapper instead.

Brown deserves a closer look. Has the physical and athletic attributes. Entirely appropriate to reference his pass on the out pattern againhst the Jets. I did a double take. If his arm is as accurate as it is strong we may have something. In the same game however (same series I think) he repeated the same mistake that earlier got him an earful from Chan and a pink slip - was not on the same page as his receiver who was running a different pattern than he was throwing. Again, Chan was not pleased.