Senior Bowl South Draft

Astrobot

I'm trying to put together a 7-rounder with just Gailey's South squad. Boy, he has some talent. The South will win. The big boys aren't in this game, so it was a good challenge. Here's what I came up with:

(trade down with ARI, CIN, CLE for position to get their QB) - Takes their 2nd this yr. and next year)

1-Derek Sherrod LT

2-Allen Bailey DE43

2-Sam Acho OLB

3-Luke Stocker TE

4-Chris White ILB

4-Lee Ziemba RT

5-Jarvis Jenkins DT43

6-Clint Boling OG

7-Edmond Gates WR

I am particularly pleased with the linebackers we'd end up with. Hopefully Gailey (and Nix's) familiarity with these guys will help maximize the results we get from this draft class, particularly in the later rounds.

Buddy & Nix are kinda backing themselves in a corner if they draft a "senior bowler".

When they whiff on another draft pick, especially one they coached up in the senior bowl, how are they going to "splain" their way out of that one?

I'm trying to put together a 7-rounder with just Gailey's South squad. Boy, he has some talent. The South will win. The big boys aren't in this game, so it was a good challenge. Here's what I came up with:

(trade down with ARI, CIN, CLE for position to get their QB) - Takes their 2nd this yr. and next year)

1-Derek Sherrod LT

2-Allen Bailey DE43

2-Sam Acho OLB

3-Luke Stocker TE

4-Chris White ILB

4-Lee Ziemba RT

5-Jarvis Jenkins DT43

6-Clint Boling OG

7-Edmond Gates WR

I am particularly pleased with the linebackers we'd end up with. Hopefully Gailey (and Nix's) familiarity with these guys will help maximize the results we get from this draft class, particularly in the later rounds.

Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands.

1-Derek Sherrod LT

2-Allen Bailey DE43

2-Sam Acho OLB

3-Luke Stocker TE

4-Chris White ILB

4-Lee Ziemba RT

5-Jarvis Jenkins DT43

6-Clint Boling OG

7-Edmond Gates WR

Astro do you guys have Allen Bailey rated as a Top 35 prosopect or is this just for the sake of drafting all South Senior Bowl participants? From the little I've seen of Bailey he looks like a mid round pick not a top end 2nd rounder. You have any insight on the guy? Also I'm noticing a lot of 4-3 DL in this draft. I suppose your conclusion is that the Bills are transitioning back to the 4-3 after the Wanny hire. True?

Edited by Estro

Actually I like the North roster a little bit better.

Senior Bowl north draft:

1. (assuming your trade down)

Solder, Nate OL 6-9 / 315 Colorado)\ Carimi, Gabe OL 6-7 / 327 Wisconsin \ Castonzo, Anthony OL 6-7 / 308 Boston College

(which ever is on the board)

2. Paea, Stephen DL 6-1 / 311 Oregon State

2. Herzlich, Mark LB 6-4 / 244 Boston College

3. Foster, Mason LB 6-2 / 242 Washington

4. Moffitt, John OL 6-5 / 323 Wisconsin

4. Matthews, Casey LB 6-2 / 235 Oregon

5. Carmichael, Rashad DB 5-11 / 186 Virginia Tec

6. Marecic, Owen FB\ILB 6-1 / 244 Stanford

7. Stanzi, Ricky QB 6-4 / 230 Iowa

Highlights from the Senior Bowl North Roster

45 Beal, Jeremy DL 6-3 / 267 Oklahoma *

68 Carimi, Gabe OL 6-7 / 327 Wisconsin

21 Carmichael, Rashad DB 5-11 / 186 Virginia Tech *

74 Castonzo, Anthony OL 6-7 / 308 Boston College

40 Foster, Mason LB 6-2 / 242 Washington *

20 Helu Jr., Roy RB 6-0 / 220 Nebraska

44 Herzlich, Mark LB 6-4 / 244 Boston College

53 Jones, Greg LB 6-1 / 240 Michigan State

10 Kaepernick, Colin QB 6-6 / 225 Nevada

84 Kendricks, Lance TE 6-4 / 241 Wisconsin

91 Kerrigan, Ryan DL 6-4 / 263 Purdue

48 Marecic, Owen RB 6-1 / 244 Stanford

55 Matthews, Casey LB 6-2 / 235 Oregon

70 Moffitt, John OL 6-5 / 323 Wisconsin *

54 Paea, Stephen DL 6-1 / 311 Oregon State

71 Pinkston, Jason OL 6-4 / 305 Pittsburgh

78 Solder, Nate OL 6-9 / 315 Colorado

12 Stanzi, Ricky QB 6-4 / 230 Iowa

* indicates WSS approved player.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'd be surprised in Rock Carmichael (CB, Virginia Tech) lasts until the 5th round. He had two picks in day 1 and Matt Bowen tweeted that he was the most impressive player at any position during north drills. VT corners are always fundamentally sound.

Buddy & Nix are kinda backing themselves in a corner if they draft a "senior bowler".

When they whiff on another draft pick, especially one they coached up in the senior bowl, how are they going to "splain" their way out of that one?

Is that like drafting someone off the Champions Tour?