Wannstache at work!

Heels20X6

“I walked out of there feeling very comfortable and I just wanted to reiterate to them that I’m just coming on board to help any way I can with no other agenda other than jumping in like the rest of them to do whatever we can do to help improve our defense that’s what I’ll try to get done.”

Sounds good to me, Wanny! This guy has coached for two of the three teams I have held absolute hatred for over the years. It's nice to know he's here to HELP us this time around...

The more I think about it, the more I think this signing was very strong. Adding a veteran, successful mind to the defensive game planning can only help. If it were some young hot shot coach coming in here trying to lift his leg on every aspect of the decision making, that would be different. But when Wanny says he's just here to help and has no greater agenda, I tend to believe him.

Chan has talked about being a "multiple front" team.

So I think the way this will work at first is that Wannstedt will pitch in by doing a lot of the gameplanning, film preparation, and coaching up of the players for our 4-3 looks. Edwards will continue to be mostly responsible for our 3-4 looks.

One gamedays, Edwards makes all the play calls because you really can't have two d-coordinators.

BUT, if Edwards continues to struggle in that role, Gailey won't be hesitant to demote him and hand over playcalling duties to his buddy Wannstedt.

I like how Wannstache is sticking behind to familiarize himself with the current D roster and personnel. It'll be interesting to see what this guy does with the likes of Kelsay, Maybin and others we think suck really hard.