1. DE

2. RT

3. OLB

4. ILB

4. QB

5. TE

6. RG

7. OLB

They should also add as many quality FA as possible.

I'm buying it, except I'm pretty comfortable with Fitz and would reverse the TE and QB priorities. I'm not sure about Left Tackle either, and would probably put that on as my number 6 or 7. I see us getting a qb in the third round, but could live with a decision to get one in round 2. I'm certain that your priorities could be addressed in both the draft AND free agency.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in most of my post - the LB's (namely, Torbor and Kelsay).

1. A defensive lineman who can line up as a 3 -4 DE , Set the Edge and rush the passer.

2. A Right Tackle who can make the running game go.

3. A thumper linebacker. One who would be in prison if he was not an athlete.

4. A really good TE who can Catch create a mis match and block well on the run.

5. Assume Whitner is gone a safety who can put fear into WR's

6. A QB to develop to back up Fitz. A Dalton or McElroy type. Perhaps even a Steve Young. This is assuming they do not draft Newton with their first

7. A big running back Like Starks or Clay from Wisconsin. I think next year you will see Starks at 220-225 and he will be a load.

I do not necessarily think this is the order or who we should draft but somehow this is what the priorities should be.

8. A corner who can cover - do you ever have enough of those?

1. LBs: This team has the worst LB corps in the NFL and has for the past few seasons. It's embarrassing. Poz is overrated, Davis is over the hill, Torbor was awful, Merriman is a huge question mark, Moats was the lone bright spot.

2. DE/DT: This ultimately depends on which scheme they wish to run, but a pass rushing threat is needed as is a beastly NT or DT to pair with Williams.

3. OT: Left or Right, Bell can flip to whichever side they don't address. The Line wasn't as bad as some (including me) feared last season. But a lot of that was smoke and mirrors. Outside of Wood, Andy and Bell there's a serious lack of pure talent on the line.

4. TE: This can't be stressed enough ... a play making TE is a huge need.

5. RG: Keep wood at center, find a nasty run blocking RG.

6. DB: This team does need some improvements in the secondary, but like some on here I agree that fixing the front 7 will only help the DBs we have now. Taking Peterson at 3 would be a mistake -- but it is a position of need.

1. DT/DL-desperately need help with one of the worst run defenses this league has seen in years.

2. QB-I like Fitz, he is fun to watch at times, extremely frustrating with his 2 to 3 just plain terrible plays that he makes every game, but he is in no way a QB that will lead a team to the playoffs, much less a championship.

3. TE-We had less TE receptions than any team in the league this year, and it wasn't by a couple catches either, it was a dozen or so less than the next closest team.

4. LT/RT-both of our Tackles are UFL quality at best.

5. ILB-if they don't resign Poz, we have nothing here.

6. RG-I would keep Wood at Center, he says he is most comfortable there and we haven't had a decent one since Hull retired. On a good offense, the center is the QB of the O-Line, you can't keep filling this position with multiposition below average journeyman like Hangartner.

7. CB/Safety-Depending on who resigns. Those left-Byrd was borderline terrible and invisible this past year. Outside of 1 or 2 games, the same can be said of McFumble too. McGee is on his last leg, if he is even around next year can you count on him for more then the 4 or 5 games he was able to play this year?

Alot of the positions will depend on who resigns with the team and who doesn't, i.e.-Whitner, Florence, Poz, etc.

I would have had "Owner", "GM" and "head coach" on the list but they aren't technically positions.

Edited by billsfreak

Team needs by round. No names yet

#1 DE run stuffer that ALSO is a great pass rusher (Could be an exceptional OLB).

#2 OLB Pass rusher with size to hold the edge against the run and the speed to compensate if they get sucked inside and out of position.

#3 RT that is not a liability in pass protection and run blocks like a steam roller.

#4 ILB with sideline to sideline speed who can cover a TE and stay healthy enough to be on the field every Sunday.

#5 SS that defends the run and can actually cover TEs and slot WRs. Not just make tackles after the catch

#6 TE that is HUGE that can run block and doesn't have hands of stone. Talking 6th offensive lineman big.

#7 TE that is HUGE that can run block and doesn't have hands of stone. Talking 7th offensive lineman big.

Of course this focuses on the draft only. If any of these needs are filled in free agency we can we can cross it off the list.

Edited by PDaDdy

Assuming we don't sign Florence, Whitner and Poz..

Short term - ILB, S, RT, DE, CB, TE, OLB, DT

Long term - QB, ILB, DT, DE, LT, RT, S, TE, CB, WR

Barring an unbelievable draft and free agency period, we will pick in the top 5 again next year. We have the 2nd hardest SOS and again will most likely be a net loser in FA.

1: QB- Fitz is ok at best IMO. If we want to compete for SBs for 10+ years (and I assume you all do) then we need an elite level QB. This is our top need. However, this draft doesn’t have anyone I would consider an elite level QB-to-be, so it gets shelved for a year.

2: INSDIE LB. Our OLBS are currently Moats, Merriman, Batten, Coleman, and maybe Poz in a 4-3 (he finished this season as an OLB). Our Current ILBS are Poz… and that’s it. We don’t even have a single depth player at this point. Considering we need two ILBs in a 3-4 this is a huge need. I am liking Martez Wilson if available in the 2nd. One of the NC guys be the pick in the 2nd or 3rd.

3: TE. Don’t under estimate the TE position. Every playoff team this year had a stud TE (Findley and Clark were injured but Tammy played like a seasoned Vet filing in) TE is the 3rd most important position on Offense if you ask me. They block in the running game, they block in the passing game, they are huge mismatches against slow LBs and small DBs (Donte Whitner anyone?) when running routes. Our O was just as bad as our D relative to the rest of the league, the easiest way to improve it aside from an elite QB is a stud TE. We shoulda taken Gronkowski last year like I wanted, but this should be a FA acquisition and if Buddy Chan fails to add one of the stud FAs I will be POed.

4: RT. We don’t have anything worth mentioning at this position. Our 2nd round pick could solve this turnstyle of a problem but IMO would be better off as a ILB if the value is there. FA also has some quality players.

5: C/G we need to regulate Hangman to backup. James Carpenter or John Moffit are 4th round prospects that could be penciled in as day 1 starters. Carpenter is my top choice.

6&7: OLB tied with DE. We have a lot of guys but a lot of ? too. Moats was great last year and is a hands down starter IMO. I personally have confidence in Merriman coming back strong, but we also have batten who could blossom and Coleman as a depth guy. If there are no ILBs or RTs available at 34 (there will be but lets say there aren’t) we could look to add a OLB like Houston from UGA.

6&7: DE tied with OLB. Kelsay and Carrington are our 4-3 DEs, with Stroud and Edwards as out-of-position back ups. Horrible we are. 34 we aren’t as bad but still not good. I feel this is our least area of need (especially in a 3-4) when considering our holes at other positions. Nevertheless the best 3 players in this draft are Fairley/Dareus/Bowers in no particular order. I was always good at math, and it’s a 100 guarantee we have a chance at 1 of these 3. Lets just do it.

I may be in the minority among this board, but I disagree about us needing any help on the DL. I think Dwan Edwards was fine this year - remember, a 3-4 DE doesn't necessarily notch tackles. His first and foremost responsibility is to take on blockers so that the LB's could make plays. Unfortunately, our LB's couldn't tackle horse-sh*t. Personally, I think that our biggest needs are in the LB corps, in that order. So, my biggest needs are as follows:

1 - OLB: many of the open holes that we gave to RB's were because our OLBs (Kelsay and Torbor) couldn't watch their lane assignments. There were wide open holes where a LB should have been.

2 - ILB: Poz is our only passable ILB (especially with David injured). Not sure what will happen once Davis comes back from injury, but outside of Poz, there isn't a starting caliber LB for our interior LB's.

3 - QB: self explanatory. Nothing against Fitz, but I still believe that this team needs a FRANCHISE QB.

4 - RT: Not sure if I want Cordoro Howard starting at RT for us next season...

5 - CB

6 - TE

Disagree. Neither end could hold the edge. Stroud will not be with the Bills the next time they play. Maybe part of the LBs problem was knowing where the gap was going to be. Maybe they just sucked. Prob both. The Bills have a desperate need for a run stuffing football player. I don't care where he lines up.

My thoughts are this if we move back to the 4-3 (which im assuming we are)

DT

OLB With great pass rushing ability.

CB-Sorry but mcgee cant stay healthy florence is getting up there and unfortunately mckelvin sucks

RT-Hopefully in some way addressed internally or in free agency

TE-I wasnt going to put this because bills fans dont even know what it means to have a good t.e but it really could make a big difference for us.

QB-I dont like Fitzpatrick I just think we have a lot more needs and we can get away with it for one more year.

WR-Hopefully we can do this internally but idk if there is a clear number 2 on our roster assuming and hopefully if Lee is dealt.

Let me know what you think I think its Dareus or Fairly at 3. I wont be furious with Patrick Peterson either as he is a game changer.

#1 NEED. WIN MUTHA**** GAMES

#2 NEED. MOVE TEAM TO MEXICO

#3 NEED. WIN MUTHA*** GAMES

ok need number 2 is not that important, but needs 1 and 3 are highly needed right now.

We stop the run. and then pressure the Qb. In that order.

RT. starting road grader. you guys can well fill in the blanks for who can play the positions. nt/dt/de ILB..s?

But those things should be our goals imho.

Throw a FA TE in too please.

i have not forgotten about qb. We should draft #1 next year