D. Talley vs V. Young

I now like VY. He says to Darryl, "my grandma loved u". That takes balls and a great sense of humor. Also he was not speaking highly of his grandmother as Darryl was without a doubt second in looks to Travis Henry and that is not a good thing. Darryl was my favorite player tho one helluva player at that and the type we need again.

His grandma is probably only 30 years older than him.

PTR

Here's the deal....Bills fans liked him because he played hard and spoke his mind. He was a great interview, because he didn't know when to shut his mouth. He was a nice player that had a peak of 2 or 3 years when everything was clicking around him. I respect him for his work ethic and his no-nonsense attitude, but in reality he was not a difference maker. If the Bills were the Sabres, Bruce Smith was Pat LaFontaine, Biscuit was Mogilny, and Talley was Doug Bodger.

i can see both sides - talley flew off the handle, unless theres more to the story. vy did nothing to help it.

i would hope that someone that has collected millions upon millions might watch some nfl films clips in the offseason. maybe you dont know talley by name at first sight, but he should have a head on his shoulders, and a knowledge of the game to be able to recognize the accomplishments of a team that went to 4 straight superbowls, and played a rather big game against vy's hometown houston oilers (whos franchise he happened to play for - although i doubt they show film of that game). atleast be able to fake it. do you think a brady, brees or manning gets themselves into this situation?

expecting him to know talley -- Its kind of on par with me as a fresh out of college fan of the bills knowing off the top of my head from the music city miracle titans team -- kevin dyson, frank wychek, steve mcnair, eddie george, lorenzo neal, derrick mason, al del greco, jevon kearse, bruce matthews, samari rolle, and of course who can forget eddie robinson... was jon runyan on that offensive line too? im sure if i pull up the roster id recognize the names of another 5-10 players too, and that is from someone that was about 11-12 when that game happened and outside of those playoffs has probably seen about 10 titans games in the last 10 year. i might not recognize these guys at a bar but id know who they were if introduced. hearing the name you would think would light atleast some kind of bulb above vinces head that he played lb, or for the bills or SOMETHING as a fan of the sport.

even if he said hey - i know nothing about your career but i would love to learn more -- let me sit down and talk to you sometime, i doubt it would escalate publicly.

and yes, this is exactly why talley does not need to be a coach or involved in the organization.

Edited by NoSaint

Here's the deal....Bills fans liked him because he played hard and spoke his mind. He was a great interview, because he didn't know when to shut his mouth. He was a nice player that had a peak of 2 or 3 years when everything was clicking around him. I respect him for his work ethic and his no-nonsense attitude, but in reality he was not a difference maker. If the Bills were the Sabres, Bruce Smith was Pat LaFontaine, Biscuit was Mogilny, and Talley was Doug Bodger.

DT was a very, very good player who made things happen, He wasn't just there when everything else was clicking. Give credit where credit is due. We haven't had the likes of Darryl in a long long rime. He was like Takeo is his prime. And Takeo's prime was before he became a Bill.

DT was a very, very good player who made things happen, He wasn't just there when everything else was clicking. Give credit where credit is due. We haven't had the likes of Darryl in a long long rime. He was like Takeo is his prime. And Takeo's prime was before he became a Bill.

He's no Lee Evans :flirt:

I think people are missing the point....

Pro players should be a student of the game.......and anyone who is a student of the game should know who Darrel Tally is.....pure and simple

I do NOT want this QB on my team

Someone may be missing the point. Talley is crazy to believe that Young should know who he is, and he's even crazier for twitting about it. Did Talley revolutionize the game? I expect Young would be aware of Lawrence Taylor, but not Talley.

I think people are missing the point....

Pro players should be a student of the game.......and anyone who is a student of the game should know who Darrel Tally is.....pure and simple

I do NOT want this QB on my team

They should be students of the game, but realistically they are not. Being a student of the game does not mean studying every player in the history of the game either. Young comes from the video game (Gen Y) generation and they entertain themselves in other ways.

Talley needs to chill out. Young was born the year Talley was drafted. Talley was out of the game by the time Young got to high school. Talley made two pro bowls in 14 years and was never once a first team All Pro slection. He is not a HoF candidate. I like Talley but in this case I would expect some humility on his part.

Talley needs to chill out. Young was born the year Talley was drafted. Talley was out of the game by the time Young got to high school. Talley made two pro bowls in 14 years and was never once a first team All Pro slection. He is not a HoF candidate. I like Talley but in this case I would expect some humility on his part.

I got into it with Talley awhile ago on Twitter. He was dissing some of the current Bills and I didn't like what he was saying and I told him so. He told me he had earned the right to critique the players. I told him there was a fine line between critique and criticize.

We're cool now. :devil: