Pokerstars.net New Home Games( Beta)

ajzepp

Is this the plan for tomorrow? Also, I agree with the $1 tourney style (we can increase stakes down a road a bit) :)

Did the system not send you an email that had the tourney notification? I think you signed up after I set the tourney, so if you didn't get it that may be why.

But yeah, I have the tourney set for 730pm tomorrow (Sun) night. And I'm totally game for higher stakes, which is why I'm glad we're up to twelve...yes TWELVE TBD'ers! I figured we could vary the stakes from tourney to tourney that way those who want to still play for free won't feel isolated. I think as long as we have more than four people in a tourney, the thing will keep stats, so even on the free rolls there are bragging rights at stake! muah ha ha

I won't what the most is that at least four people would be willing to wager? I don't like playing head's up (but anyone I gave admin privileges to is certainly free to use the club for that purpose at any time), but I think it would be fun to have a high stakes tourney from time to time...meaning that whatever the highest amt is that at least four people can agree to, you know?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the system not send you an email that had the tourney notification? I think you signed up after I set the tourney, so if you didn't get it that may be why.

But yeah, I have the tourney set for 730pm tomorrow (Sun) night. And I'm totally game for higher stakes, which is why I'm glad we're up to twelve...yes TWELVE TBD'ers! I figured we could vary the stakes from tourney to tourney that way those who want to still play for free won't feel isolated. I think as long as we have more than four people in a tourney, the thing will keep stats, so even on the free rolls there are bragging rights at stake! muah ha ha

I won't what the most is that at least four people would be willing to wager? I don't like playing head's up (but anyone I gave admin privileges to is certainly free to use the club for that purpose at any time), but I think it would be fun to have a high stakes tourney from time to time...meaning that whatever the highest amt is that at least four people can agree to, you know?

AJ,

not sure what high stakes is for everyone else, but i would not like to go over $50 prolly for a single tournament.Thats prolly pretty low for a "high stakes" game..my preference woul be with 1 or two table tourneys..go like $10 a game and play two or three

AJ,

not sure what high stakes is for everyone else, but i would not like to go over $50 prolly for a single tournament.Thats prolly pretty low for a "high stakes" game..my preference woul be with 1 or two table tourneys..go like $10 a game and play two or three

That's about my limit too, unless I get a big tax refund lol.

Seriously, there probably will only be a few folks who want to go high limit, but as long as we have four we can definitely put a game like that together. But yeah, I think if we can get a multi-table tourney going with between 10-15 people for a $5-$10 buy in, that would rock. I figured we could run tourneys at a few different level of buy-ins depending on how regularly folks wanted to play.

The site is very flexible with funding options, so hopefully a handful of us will have our accounts funded to some degree soon, and tourney #2 can be for a small buy-in. :thumbsup: I'm excited we have 12 already, though...I think the most we had last time we did this was about 7, and that was a lot of fun, so this is even better :)

Good test game tonight...only an hour...i imagine with real money we will be more careful in our betting and it will last longer...pretty easy to play and follow the flow of the game...

Was glad that you played tonight, man! Had a lot of fun...looking forward to the next game!

Hey all...I think I'm going to schedule our first real money tourney for Monday 2/7 at 20:30, the day after the Super Bowl. Since we had a good turn out tonight, I was thinking maybe alternating between sun and mon each week might be a good way to go?

I'm going to set the buy-in at $2, so hopefully that's not prohibitive for anyone.

Hey all...I think I'm going to schedule our first real money tourney for Monday 2/7 at 20:30, the day after the Super Bowl. Since we had a good turn out tonight, I was thinking maybe alternating between sun and mon each week might be a good way to go?

I'm going to set the buy-in at $2, so hopefully that's not prohibitive for anyone.

Sorry I missed the practice last night. I watched a little.

8:30 Monday could work for me.

I haven't figured out how to add money to my account.

Sorry I missed the practice last night. I watched a little.

8:30 Monday could work for me.

I haven't figured out how to add money to my account.

What you may have done is download the software from pokerstars.NET. If you download it again from pokerstars.COM then you will be able to see the instructions for funding the acct. At least, that's the problem I had initially....the .net one is for free play only.

Last night was fun...hope to see you on Monday!

What you may have done is download the software from pokerstars.NET. If you download it again from pokerstars.COM then you will be able to see the instructions for funding the acct. At least, that's the problem I had initially....the .net one is for free play only.

Last night was fun...hope to see you on Monday!

:doh:

I read that

:doh:

I read that

Their cust svc is very responsive...I've contacted them twice and they get back to you very quickly.

support@pokerstars.com

:thumbsup:

EDIT: For deposit help, you guys can also email dad@pokerstars.com, with ‘Phone Request’ in the subject line, tell them what time to call you back, and they'll contact you by phone to help.

Edited by ajzepp

I thought the US put up restrictions on the banks and credit card companies to prevent funding of online poker accounts. Did that get reversed or is PS getting around it with offshore intermediaries? Are you really able to fund it directly from your CC?

I thought the US put up restrictions on the banks and credit card companies to prevent funding of online poker accounts. Did that get reversed or is PS getting around it with offshore intermediaries? Are you really able to fund it directly from your CC?

Nope, I had to use an electronic check. They have a few ways to fund the acct, but unfortunately CCs aren't one of them....yet.

Is that next tourney 8:30 ET or PT??

Eastern

Hey guys...(and gal):

Just a reminder that the next tourney, the TBD Superbowl Hangover Tourney, is scheduled for Monday night at 8:30pm. Hope you can make it! I think Lana is playing, so that will all but assure you that you won't finish last! :lol: (j/k lana ;) )

Hey guys...(and gal):

Just a reminder that the next tourney, the TBD Superbowl Hangover Tourney, is scheduled for Monday night at 8:30pm. Hope you can make it! I think Lana is playing, so that will all but assure you that you won't finish last! :lol: (j/k lana ;) )

Hey! :P We'll see if I can make it. Don't get off work 'till 5 and don't get home 'till around 5:30. Then the dog needs a walk. lol Can I join late?

Hey! :P We'll see if I can make it. Don't get off work 'till 5 and don't get home 'till around 5:30. Then the dog needs a walk. lol Can I join late?

Yep, you can join late as long as you've pre-registered

***Special Offer***

I have won about four "double or nothing" tourneys today. If there is anyone reading this who hasn't signed up in the poker club yet who wants to play tomorrow, if you join before the tourney I will pay your entry fee for our TBD tourney tomorrow (Monday) night. I will make this offer available to the first three people who take me up on it. Send me a PM and I'll provide you instructions from there.