Corey Liuget declares for 2011 NFL draft

The Senator

Corey Liuget, a second-team All-Big Ten pick in 2010, is projected as a first-round pick by NFLDraftScout.com, which ranked Liuget as the No. 4 defensive tackle among underclassmen. He's currently slotted behind Nick Fairley (Auburn), Marcell Dareus (Alabama) and Muhammad Wilkerson (Temple).

"Corey Liuget has stepped up and really done a great job," coach Ron Zook said.

He was unblockable at times: witness his five QB hurries vs. Indiana and 11 tackles against Michigan State -- and he'll get a lot of attention for his career-capping showing in the bowl victory against Baylor -- five tackles, one sack. For the season, he had 12.5 tackles for loss among his 63 tackles this season, plus 4.5 sacks and 10 quarterback hurries. In fact, he led Illinois in sacks, tackles for loss and hurries.

Link - Illinois junior DT Liuget declares after superb bowl outing

Link - NFL Draft Scout Profile - Corey Liuget

Corey Liuget, a second-team All-Big Ten pick in 2010, is projected as a first-round pick by NFLDraftScout.com, which ranked Liuget as the No. 4 defensive tackle among underclassmen. He's currently slotted behind Nick Fairley (Auburn), Marcell Dareus (Alabama) and Muhammad Wilkerson (Temple).

He was unblockable at times: witness his five QB hurries vs. Indiana and 11 tackles against Michigan State -- and he'll get a lot of attention for his career-capping showing in the bowl victory against Baylor -- five tackles, one sack. For the season, he had 12.5 tackles for loss among his 63 tackles this season, plus 4.5 sacks and 10 quarterback hurries. In fact, he led Illinois in sacks, tackles for loss and hurries.

It would be great if he slipped to our second round pick and we were able to get someone like Fairley or Darius in the 1st. I really think this is the direction the Bills should be thinking to improve. Maybe pick up some linebackers in the later rounds. I can't help thinking that the offense is on the right track with Gailey calling the shots and Fitzy behind center. Beefing up the defense would really go a long way to improving this team.

What about Corey Louchiey?

We have Kyle Williams and Torell Troup on the roster, I don't see a high pick being used on a DT.

Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson, meet CJ Spiller.

Also, KW and Troup played the nose in both defensive fronts. Fairley/Dareus/this guy all look like 3 or 5 techs depending on the front – thus not playing the same position. (although I am the first one to admit that KW would be a stud 30 front 5tech)

I personally like his teammate, ILB Martez Wilson. Dude is huge at 6’4’ 250#s and can move. Him or even Houston from UGA could be great ILBs in the 2nd if available.

We have Kyle Williams and Torell Troup on the roster, I don't see a high pick being used on a DT.

A Fairley enough opinion, not one I'm inclined to disagree with either.

Haven't seen Liuget play at all but was thinking may be worth a look in round 2. Also like Stanford's Sione Fua on day 3 (rounds 4 and up).

Edited by The Senator

Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson, meet CJ Spiller.

Also, KW and Troup played the nose in both defensive fronts. Fairley/Dareus/this guy all look like 3 or 5 techs depending on the front – thus not playing the same position. (although I am the first one to admit that KW would be a stud 30 front 5tech)

I personally like his teammate, ILB Martez Wilson. Dude is huge at 6’4’ 250#s and can move. Him or even Houston from UGA could be great ILBs in the 2nd if available.

I was going to mention him, but you already put it out there. :thumbsup: