Question about an issue i have drinking beer fast....

The Poojer

I cannot chug beer or drink it quickly at all. I can drink from sun-up to sun-down. But if i try to chug a beer, it really triggers my gag reflex. I can chug water, soft drinks, milk...but when it comes to beer...its sip(mouthful) by sip....anyone else have that 'affliction'???

I cannot chug beer or drink it quickly at all. I can drink from sun-up to sun-down. But if i try to chug a beer, it really triggers my gag reflex. I can chug water, soft drinks, milk...but when it comes to beer...its sip(mouthful) by sip....anyone else have that 'affliction'???

My nickname in the college fraternity was funnel master. With that said, I struggle to slam a whole beer now. Hang on... 16 oz beer in 16 seconds. *burps

I heard if you try an eat a foot long hotdog without chewing it will help

Yes, it's called getting old. I could chug a 3 beer funnel 25 years ago. Now a 12 oz beer would be the limit.

i've never really been able to...did a few funnels and shotguns in my time, but always thought i was gonna heave afterwards...

Yes, it's called getting old. I could chug a 3 beer funnel 25 years ago. Now a 12 oz beer would be the limit.

I'm with ya, Pooj. Even at my peak, I was never a very strong chugger. I'm pretty proud of my endurance, but multiple-beer funnels and long keg stands were not my strong suit.

It's weird too because I don't think it necessarily has a whole lot to do with how much you can drink. I knew kids in college who only chugged beer because they didn't like the taste. I never understood how that worked.

I'm with some of the others in this thread. At 21, I could chug beer like there was no tomorrow. Today, I dont really even drink beer unless it's to chase a whiskey.

;)

Rookies these days...

Beer's for picnics and family functions when you don't actually want to be drunk.

;)

I meant the chasing whiskey part. C'mon man. The only thing you should be chasing whiskey with is more whiskey.

wasnt that i was chugging beer...was having a couple beers on sunday and as i ordered my last beer, i realized i had little time before my train was scheduled to leave...so while i wasn't chugging it, i did drink it faster than my normal pace....i just can't do it...like i said...pepsi, milk, water, OJ...can down them all in no time.....beer...not so much

:blink: Drunk is the only way I can handle family functions.

Question. Why are most of you old farts even trying to chug beer?

wasnt that i was chugging beer...was having a couple beers on sunday and as i ordered my last beer, i realized i had little time before my train was scheduled to leave...so while i wasn't chugging it, i did drink it faster than my normal pace....i just can't do it...like i said...pepsi, milk, water, OJ...can down them all in no time.....beer...not so much

That wasn't so much to you Pooj but the the others of, how shall I say it...a more advanced age, knew they couldn't chug beer. I have no clue is I could.

I meant the chasing whiskey part. C'mon man. The only thing you should be chasing whiskey with is more whiskey.

Oh, i do that too, don't worry.

When I DO drink, my favorite combination's Crown and Molson Canadian. About 5 shots per bottle of Canadian.

;)

Edited by joesixpack