LB's Batten- Merriman-Poz-Moats !!!

T master

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i just read on BB.com that the Bills resigned Shawn Merriman for next year. So with the emergence of Moats this year & i believe that signing Poz will or at least should be a priority . Then throw in Batten coming back off of IR .

Batten - Merriman - Poz - Moats - ? should make a pretty good LB corp !

I know that's not the position as far as the way i have them in the line above but who else might be a decent fit ?? Kelsay played better toward the end of the year & wouldn't be bad but i know what Bills fans have written about him this year . So at best i think he's a good depth player .

Merriman will have a whole offseason & more to get healthy , & if he can get back to even half of what he was he will be an upgrade,

just in his leadership alone !!

So fill in the blanks or line them up the way you would if you were the D coach . But i think our line backing corp will be much better next year than this !!!!

Sounds like another 4-12 team.

I have not seen much sense in this entire thread? Is it just me?

Where is our Mike? We have Poz at Will and I think he could be right there with Conlan in ability. His instincts are not as good but I still seem room to improve, especially when we have better supporting cast.

Our OLB's? The Sam? Roger? I have only ever seen Sam's and Rogers mentioned here by everyone. Kelsey is our Sam next year if we stay 3-4. Face it. Deal with it. Get over it. Our Roger could hopefully be Meriman who would rotate with Poz @ Will. We need to hope Kelsey has a chance to break out once his front 3 are upgraded. I love Kyle Williams but he does not fit our 3-4 this past year. We can build around him, but we need a big DT, a hole covering DT to go strongside and a quick versatile DT on the weakside.

We do not need a QB. We do not need OL's, TE's RB's, WR's, or DB's as bad as we need DT's and a front 3. After we get some players to go up front go draft a TE who will stretch the field and let Johnson get some love, get the RT who can drive block, and a CB who can go man to man against the top tier AFCE WR's. Who can shut down Welker.

I would like to see at least one more LB brought in both in the draft and free agency.......and we dont know what we are going to get with batten yet. We absolutely should NOT be counting on Merrimen until he shows he can stay healthy

Agree 100%. This team needs a serious influx of defensive talent; both for starters and backups.

Well i just read on BB.com that the Bills resigned Shawn Merriman for next year. So with the emergence of Moats this year & i believe that signing Poz will or at least should be a priority . Then throw in Batten coming back off of IR .

Batten - Merriman - Poz - Moats - ? should make a pretty good LB corp !

I know that's not the position as far as the way i have them in the line above but who else might be a decent fit ?? Kelsay played better toward the end of the year & wouldn't be bad but i know what Bills fans have written about him this year . So at best i think he's a good depth player .

Merriman will have a whole offseason & more to get healthy , & if he can get back to even half of what he was he will be an upgrade,

just in his leadership alone !!

So fill in the blanks or line them up the way you would if you were the D coach . But i think our line backing corp will be much better next year than this !!!!

Unfortunately 3 of the 4 have shown serious injury problems. So expecting them to be on the field for most of the season is unrealistic

Round 1 - Trade down, acquire another 3rd

Round 1 - DL

Round 2- LB

Round 3 - LB

Round 3 - Offensive Tackle

Round 4 - SS

Round 4 - DL

Round 5 - Offensive line

Round 6 - CB

Round 7 - Offensive Line

In free agency get a good TE and Tackle, and a vetern QB to back up FitZ.

Relaese Stroud, Brohm,Whitner ( only cause he will want too much $$ )Ellison,Youboty,and a few others.

Starting d looks like this

End - our first pick

DT - Williams / Troupe

End - Carrington

OLB - Our second pick

OLB - Moats

ILB - POZ

ILB - Meriiman or our 3rd pick

CB - McGee

CB- McKelvin

FS - Byrd

SS - Draft pick