Do the Bills pick 2nd in round 2?

Justice

I think we go to 4th then 2nd for round 3 and so on.

In other words there are 3 teams at 4-12 and round one is Denver, Buffalo, Cincinnati. The I seem to remember it rotates each round so round two is Cincinnati, Denver, Buffalo and round three is Buffalo, Cincinnati and Denver.

I am not sure, but is what I seem to remember.

I think we go to 4th then 2nd for round 3 and so on.

In other words there are 3 teams at 4-12 and round one is Denver, Buffalo, Cincinnati. The I seem to remember it rotates each round so round two is Cincinnati, Denver, Buffalo and round three is Buffalo, Cincinnati and Denver.

I am not sure, but is what I seem to remember.

This is a good point, and if the first round is Denver, Buffalo, and Cincinnati then the order is Buffalo, Cincinnati, and Denver in round two. So, yes, the Bills seemingly pick #2 in round two!!

Okay...Now I'm really confused!

Okay...Now I'm really confused!

The picks rotate in each round between the three 4-11 teams. So in round 2, Buffalo picks second, Cin third and Denver 4th. In round 3, Cin picks second, Denver 3rd and Buffalo 4th. 4th Round repeats round 1. And so on. Hope that helps.. CD

The picks rotate in each round between the three 4-11 teams. So in round 2, Buffalo picks second, Cin third and Denver 4th. In round 3, Cin picks second, Denver 3rd and Buffalo 4th. 4th Round repeats round 1. And so on. Hope that helps.. CD

Why not just stick with the first round order? I know all three teams finished with the same record, but if we go to great lengths to figure out who picks 2nd, 3rd, etc., then why not keep that order throughout the draft?

It's not like this is fantasy football where they should do a snake draft or anything.

FYI...

(from Mark Gaughn, Buffalo News)

The Bills will get the second pick in the second round of the 2011 NFL draft, which is a coveted position. Because the NFL conducts the second and third rounds of the draft the day after the first round, teams have more time to reassess their draft board and think about trading up toward the top of the second round.

Carolina (2-14) finished with the worst record in the league and will pick first. The Bills, Broncos and Bengals all finished at 4-12. The strength of schedule for the 4-12 teams was: Broncos .516, Bills .578, Bengals .582. That's the reason Denver will pick second overall, Buffalo third and Cincinnati fourth.

However, teams with the same record rotate their draft order in ensuing rounds.

So Buffalo moves ahead of Denver in the second round and into the 34th overall position. Cincinnati picks 35th and Denver 36th. In the third round, Cincinnati goes first among the three picks. The Bills have one extra draft pick -- a fourth-rounder from Seattle via the Marshawn Lynch trade.

Link