Buddy's 2nd draft results with the Chargers

Here's who the Chargers (Butler, Smith & Nix) took in their 2nd year in San Diego:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/sdg/year/2002/san-diego-chargers

I really hope Nix doesn't draft a DB in the first round.

The chargers really needed to fortify their secondary back then...Rodney Harrisson was gone and the secondary was the team's weakness.

Jammer is solid and still very good. The rest of that draft is pretty unimpressive. The only player I know who is still playing is Ben Leber with Vikings.

:wallbash: go my god, are we really using Nix's second draft with SD to prime the pump of discontent heading into the 2011 offseason?

go my god?? :huh:

There will be a trillion mock drafts & guesses as to who the Bills will take this year in the draft, but no one knows for sure who Nix & Gailey will take, which I why I posted the Chargers draft selections from Nix & co 2nd season with the Bolts. I'm not saying Boss Hogg & Cooter will draft exactly the same, but it doesn't hurt to take a look at who Nix, Butler & Smith drafted back then (I just hope Boss Hogg doesn't draft a DB in the first round).

The chargers really needed to fortify their secondary back then...Rodney Harrisson was gone and the secondary was the team's weakness.

Jammer is solid and still very good. The rest of that draft is pretty unimpressive. The only player I know who is still playing is Ben Leber with Vikings.

And how does the Bills' draft from 2002 look?

go my god?? :huh:

There will be a trillion mock drafts & guesses as to who the Bills will take this year in the draft, but no one knows for sure who Nix & Gailey will take, which I why I posted the Chargers draft selections from Nix & co 2nd season with the Bolts. I'm not saying Boss Hogg & Cooter will draft exactly the same, but it doesn't hurt to take a look at who Nix, Butler & Smith drafted back then (I just hope Boss Hogg doesn't draft a DB in the first round).

While the Bills do not have an "elite" "shut-down corner", I'd rather see the Bills address the defensive front 7 with their first pick, preferably someone that can get consistent pressure on the QB. Once the Bills have multiple players that can get pressure on the QB, then the INT's and incompletions will go up for the defense.

While the Bills do not have an "elite" "shut-down corner", I'd rather see the Bills address the defensive front 7 with their first pick, preferably someone that can get consistent pressure on the QB. Once the Bills have multiple players that can get pressure on the QB, then the INT's and incompletions will go up for the defense.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: This is something Dickie J could not figure out. Get good, multiple pass rushers and the INT's will come. Perfect example of that was yesterday's game...need I say more?!

Here's who the Chargers (Butler, Smith & Nix) took in their 2nd year in San Diego:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/sdg/year/2002/san-diego-chargers

I really hope Nix doesn't draft a DB in the first round.

Having a hard time finding any correlation here?

Beside that, Nix was a scout for the Chargers, not the GM. Butler ran that draft and the team. Butler built the Chargers in the early days, and was followed by AJ Smith.

Not to discount Nix's ability as a scout but the man has never been in charge of football operations at the NFL level. We also do not know if he has a plan. He is a good football scout that Wilson knows and is comfortable with. That is it so far.

Having a hard time finding any correlation here?

Beside that, Nix was a scout for the Chargers, not the GM. Butler ran that draft and the team. Butler built the Chargers in the early days, and was followed by AJ Smith.

Not to discount Nix's ability as a scout but the man has never been in charge of football operations at the NFL level. We also do not know if he has a plan. He is a good football scout that Wilson knows and is comfortable with. That is it so far.

You don't get it??

The Chargers took a DB with their fist pick. It was Buddy's second year there. So, of course, he is going to take a DB with the first round pick here, because it's his second year.

It really isn't that hard, and it's about as close to a sure think as you can get.

You don't get it??

The Chargers took a DB with their fist pick. It was Buddy's second year there. So, of course, he is going to take a DB with the first round pick here, because it's his second year.

It really isn't that hard, and it's about as close to a sure think as you can get.

In Nix's first year with the Chargers, they drafted a RB (L.T.) in the first round. Last year, Nix drafted Spiller in the first round. Maybe it's just coincidence?

You don't get it??

Someone should tell Leodis McKelvin that

im just glad to preemptively post his third draft, as a scout at SD, a team with completely different needs then ours....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/sdg/year/2003/san-diego-chargers

the board would collapse. if it happened, i wonder who would be the first to post that we need to re-hire jauron, so we wouldnt draft so many DBs....

im just glad to preemptively post his third draft, as a scout at SD, a team with completely different needs then ours....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/sdg/year/2003/san-diego-chargers

the board would collapse. if it happened, i wonder who

would be the first to post that we need to re-hire jauron, so we wouldnt draft so many DBs....

I see Nix & Co drafted Sammy Davis in SD that year, maybe Nix will try for Frank Sinatra next year.

You don't get it??

Dude, get a clue, you dont know what's gonna happen anymore than any of us do, there's no such thing as drafting tendencies, Chan is an offensive guy that has

coached defense too, so he knows we need run stoppers, it pretty obvious. There are lots of holes on this team, DB is not high on the priority list, with a better

pass rush and more push up front, the DB's will be fine. Look at most if not all the playoff teams, they run and stop the run, pressure the QB, and create

turnovers. You're on the right side of the ball, but the wrong position, LB's and DL are gonna help more than DB. I dont claim to be an expert but with 8 games of

allowing 200+ yards rushing, is doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how to fix it. :wallbash: