Alex Smith Anyone

Nasty

I was watching the NFL Network last night and they said something about Alex Smith. He will be a FA at the end of the year and thought he might be a good back-up for Fitz. Cheap, First pick in the draft, has a cannon for an arm, mobile, just never got coached up. He was a rookie or second year guy when Norv turner was still there and was starting to play pretty good then Norv left and he never came to be. Was just wondering if Nix would think about it and let Chan coach him up to be the back-up. I think he would be more suitable then Brohm.

Have you lost your mind?

I was watching the NFL Network last night and they said something about Alex Smith. He will be a FA at the end of the year and thought he might be a good back-up for Fitz. Cheap, First pick in the draft, has a cannon for an arm, mobile, just never got coached up. He was a rookie or second year guy when Norv turner was still there and was starting to play pretty good then Norv left and he never came to be. Was just wondering if Nix would think about it and let Chan coach him up to be the back-up. I think he would be more suitable then Brohm.

The difference between Fitz and Smith is that Fitz was a 7th round pick, surprised to have NFL interest at all. He's played for scrubs and trained on scraps.

That tells you if he's still around, coaches see a strong head and strong potential and he really, really wants it.

Smith was the first overall pick in the same draft and received all the TLC, coaching attention, reps with the 1st team, and starts that go with being #1.

He's played for a franchise on talent, many picked for the SB this year. And he hasn't been able to live up to the billing.

I haven't seen him much. When I've seen him, he's not bipolar like Fitz (great/awful), he's just "meh" (anyone else who's seen more care to comment?)

This makes him a good candidate to take up a roster spot for the Bills - why?

We believe he'd have the head and the heart to be a good #2 to the guy who was drafted in the 7th round the year he was #1 overall - why?

As a backup to Fitz with no QB competition etc., I think he'd be a good pickup. I've seen several of his games and he looked quite good in some of them them. Like the other poster said, in pre season Brohm looked to be a great inside the 20s QB. When he had his chances for TDs, the passes were off. So yeah, I'd consider it. Troy Smith is (or will be Monday) also a FA.

Would rather have Troy Smith than Alex Smith myself. He hasn't played a lot, when I've seen him he seems to have potential.

Maybe that's just me.

I live in CA, my dad and friends are Niner fans, I've virtually watched ever game the guy has played, even met him. He doesn't have it. This is my long winded way of saying HELL NO!

If it's no from someone who's seen a lot of him, it's no

Ok, the fermenting egg nog is still being consumed I see.

NO NO a thousand times NO!

It just goes to show again and again how hard it is to draft and develop a QB for the particular system in place. A. Smith went that high in the draft!

We have not seen Brohm throw one ball under Chan since Edwards left that i am aware of.

I hope we see him against the Jets.

I dont have a current opinion of him at this point.

So no to bringing Alex or someone else in. for now.