Tuck rule

I have ALWAYS thought the raiders were cheated in 2002. Always! 1 im a bills fan. 2. the rule doesnt make sense.

We lost to the patriots yesterday and i'm bored so the tuck rule came to mind. out of the blue. anyway i always thought it was a stupid rule. didnt really get it too much as it is not really called that much anymore anyway. so i do a search on it and the rule states this:

while STOPPING his PASSING motion and/or bringing the ball back to ones body, hence tucking it, IT IS STILL CONSIDERED A FORWARD PASS.

how is that a forward pass???? in the rule it states stopping his pass!!!!!what the f?????? the rule is basically descriging a qb who thought about passing and then decided to tuck the ball BY STOPPING HIS PASS. isnt this qb fair game to be tackled, sacked, and fumbled???

and the patriots went on to win their 1st superbowl. THEY DIDNT BELONG THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont care about them. i dont care that they won 2 more sb. but they did not deserve their 1st.

i know i like to kid alot on this board. but am i missing something? can i get help?

It is over. Let it go.

Firstly let me state that I am a total Buffalo Bills fan and don't have room in my heart to cheer for another team. There's many teams I don't like but point being, I am not a Raiders fan. This call was one of the great screw jobs of all time.

http://www.nfl.com/v...s-The-Tuck-Rule

Listen to what Brady says. Listen to what longtime Boston Globe writer Bob Ryan says about the rule.

In almost 40 years of watching football before that game, I had never seen that rule invoked. Never.

I don't care if his arm was moving forward…he had no intention of throwing the ball. It was a pump fake. The ball was knocked loose. Making it a fumble to everyone in the universe except for Little Wally Coleman.

And nothing boils my blood like a miscarriage of justice.

Personally, and I know it's terrible to bring this up, but I Think this game was fixed. It just happened to be the season of the Trade Center attacks on 911 and it's no coincidence the the Red, White and Blue Patriots from New England made it to the Super Bowl and win thier first Super Bowl in amazing fashion on a last minute FG. Being from Buffalo and in the AFC East, we hate the Pats, but I think the country or maybe a larger fan base wanted this or needed this win.

Onto a completely different subject, it's coming up on a few years now that the Sabs played in that horrible outdoor game. I sat on my couch and was telling my roomate at the time before the game even started, that the final would be a shootout where Crosby gets the game winning goal. A few hours later I was right. I just think it's horrible that some things are obvious. Oh well, the NHL needed a super hero and Crosby is apparently thier guy. Just so happens that Brady had to be that guy in the NFL.

if your intention is to INTERRUPT your pass to tuck it towards your body, its still fair game for a fumble.

by the way you need to stop defending the RULE. watch the PLAY. woodson surprised brady and the ball was forced out.

YOU are wasting your TIME arguing about something that ISN'T going to change. CAPSLOCK is a GREAT way to make a POINT. Wouldn't YOU agree? 0:)

Personally, and I know it's terrible to bring this up, but I Think this game was fixed. It just happened to be the season of the Trade Center attacks on 911 and it's no coincidence the the Red, White and Blue Patriots from New England made it to the Super Bowl and win thier first Super Bowl in amazing fashion on a last minute FG. Being from Buffalo and in the AFC East, we hate the Pats, but I think the country or maybe a larger fan base wanted this or needed this win.

Onto a completely different subject, it's coming up on a few years now that the Sabs played in that horrible outdoor game. I sat on my couch and was telling my roomate at the time before the game even started, that the final would be a shootout where Crosby gets the game winning goal. A few hours later I was right. I just think it's horrible that some things are obvious. Oh well, the NHL needed a super hero and Crosby is apparently thier guy. Just so happens that Brady had to be that guy in the NFL.

i think that play was fixed.

YOU are wasting your TIME arguing about something that ISN'T going to change. CAPSLOCK is a GREAT way to make a POINT. Wouldn't YOU agree? 0:)

YES YOU are right. NOW, RELAX and let ME ENJOY MY coffe. NOT your coffe.

back to the SUBJECT, WE ALL are wasting OUR time by being here. but its ok with ME.

Horrible call. I could understand missing it in real time, but the refs got to review the play in slow-mo. He clearly brought the ball into his body and had completed his arm motion when he got hit. Therefore no tuck, therefore a fumble. No question.

this is a very good point.

plus like another poster noted, he had the ball with both hands. only girls throw like that. wait a minute....

When are the aliens coming?

When are the aliens coming?

It's a little-known fact that Bob Kraft strong-armed the White House to plant the megathermite/mini-nuke charges in the WTC, just so the government could force the NFL to rig the entire 2001 season to let the Pats win the Superbowl, strictly for propaganda purposes.

That's right...everything after, the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, the rise in Islamic terrorism because of it, are a direct, unintended consequence of a criminal conspiracy to rig the Superbowl in the Pats favor. So if you root for the New England Patriots, you, in fact, support terrorism.

If the QB is "tucking", isn't the ball and arm moving DOWNWARD towards QBs abdomen to the tucked position, not in a forward direction, thus a fumble? It would depend on when the ball came out, during the forward motion or downward tuck.

Just my two........

If you are questioning the rule, then that is what I am going to discuss. Since this particular play happened so long ago, I just figured you were in fact talking about the rule itself. Since it appears that you are still awfully upset about the call in the playoffs ten years ago, you should get in touch with a pyschologist. He or she will help you get over things that were insignificant to the quality of your life.

If the QB is "tucking", isn't the ball and arm moving DOWNWARD towards QBs abdomen to the tucked position, not in a forward direction, thus a fumble? It would depend on when the ball came out, during the forward motion or downward tuck.

Just my two........

your two cents are highly valued. that's what im trying to explain. regardless of the rule. if you are tucking, MEANING NOT WANTING TO PASS ANYMORE, then its a fumble. not a freaking pass.

If you are questioning the rule, then that is what I am going to discuss. Since this particular play happened so long ago, I just figured you were in fact talking about the rule itself. Since it appears that you are still awfully upset about the call in the playoffs ten years ago, you should get in touch with a pyschologist. He or she will help you get over things that were insignificant to the quality of your life.

why do you get that feeling. i have clearly said that it came to mind and i did a quick search.

by the way it did affect my quality of life. i was mad that day. my celebration was cut short!!! i was rooting against the pats.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the stupid !@#$ing tuck rule reared it's ugly ass head again this past weekend.

Here's what former NFL Director of Officiating and former line judge, Mike Pereira had to say about it:

"Cassel was not attempting to pass the ball when it came loose. By instinct, referee Mike Carey ruled this a fumble because that's what it appeared to be.

I think it's time to change this rule. A pass should only be ruled incomplete if the ball comes loose in the actual act of passing the ball. If it comes loose in the tucking motion, then it should be a fumble.

I would support a rule change, although it took me a long time to get to this point. I'm sure it's no consolation to the many Raiders fans around the country."