Flash to Chan

rcatty

Dear Chan:

Here's a flash: there is a position in the NFL called "tight end" . New England is aware of this position, and they actually use it. I'm told they have burned the Bills multiple times with said position over the past 10-15 years. I suspect they might utilize the position today. It might be a good idea to cover their tight end, with something other than a cover 2 defense, since they seem to find the seams in the latter coverage. Oh yeah, I suggest someone other than Whitner might be advisable to provide coverage. Please also, don't suggest that the linebacker from Penn State share in the coverage. Finally, i'm told they have a guy named Welker who plays out of the slot. He is notorious for catching short crossing patterns on delays over the middle. I suggest someone on bump and run that can knock him off his butt at the line of scrimmage.

Wow, you are on to something - especially that Welker Part. you are onto something no coach in teh NFL has figured out to date. Cover Welker on a drag route.... Brialliant!!!

PS: I am not making fun of you but totally agree. Why havent NFL coaches figured out how to cover Welker on a drag route? Seems simple enough.

Dear Chan:

Here's a flash: there is a position in the NFL called "tight end" . New England is aware of this position, and they actually use it. I'm told they have burned the Bills multiple times with said position over the past 10-15 years. I suspect they might utilize the position today. It might be a good idea to cover their tight end, with something other than a cover 2 defense, since they seem to find the seams in the latter coverage. Oh yeah, I suggest someone other than Whitner might be advisable to provide coverage. Please also, don't suggest that the linebacker from Penn State share in the coverage. Finally, i'm told they have a guy named Welker who plays out of the slot. He is notorious for catching short crossing patterns on delays over the middle. I suggest someone on bump and run that can knock him off his butt at the line of scrimmage.

Flash to rcatty:

George Edwards runs the defense.

Flash to rcatty:

George Edwards runs the defense.

I'm sorry, I thought, albeit mistakenly, that Chan Gailey was the head coach, and ultimately responsible for all coaching decisions. I guess you are right, your astute brilliance shines through.

Dear Chan:

Wow. No wonder you are a coach in the NFL. Oh wait.

Is today bring the trolls out of the closet day?

Any game-plan, signed off by any head coach, concerning the Patriots, must account for the tight-end, and Welker. I suspect that the head coach has had many a conversation with his defensive coordinator regarding planning for Grabobski/Hernandez, and Welker. At least he ought to have had such conversations. Furthermore, his boss, be it Buddy or Ralph, ought to be asking their head coach, what the plan is to stop the aforestated.It better be creative, and not the same old.

Chan is the offensive coordinator/head coach. I would bet anything that he has very little to do with game planning on defense.

Hmmm...the head coach "has very little to do with game planning on defense"? Why is he called the head coach then? If I were to make a guess, I'd say ALL of the coaches meet during a strategy session to set the overall game plan. If I were a D coordinator I'd want my O-coordinator providing input for my plam/strategy.

Hmmm...the head coach "has very little to do with game planning on defense"? Why is he called the head coach then? If I were to make a guess, I'd say ALL of the coaches meet during a strategy session to set the overall game plan. If I were a D coordinator I'd want my O-coordinator providing input for my plam/strategy.

Thanks for clarifying why you don't, and shouldn't, coach in the NFL.

Hey genius....so far 3/4 of his passes have gone to the tight end and Welker. Now what do you have to say?

How many td's did the TE finish with? What do you say coach?

If you're talking to me, I never said that we didn't need to worry about their TE's and Welker. I said that George Edwards does the defensive game planning. You're reading comprehension leaves alot to be desired.