December Positional Needs

Astrobot

I need to submit positional needs to DraftTek, and have a couple of questions.

Here is my current list of priorities.

P1 (can only have one) - none

P2- RT, LT, DT34, DE34, OLB34, with OLB set at Multiple (get 2)

P3- WILB, SILB (SAM and WILL); TE

P4- QB, WRP (possession WR)

P6- WRF (featured WR), OG

P9 All other positions

QUESTIONS:

Would you like to see QB moved to P9? If it's set to P1 you probably get Cam Newton, and at P4 you're likely to get Dalton, Devlin or Kaepernick.

Want to see RT set at P1?

Want me to remove the Multiple tag from OLB and only get one OLB?

What is Poz, a SAM or a WILL inside backer? Does one of those need to change?

Is it time to reduce the need for WR to the lowest setting P9?

Astro

Edited by Astrobot

Poz has been playing a Will for us recently, Moats as the Sam. Poz has experience at middle or will so I bet he stays there if he stays in Buffalo… which brings me to my next point. I think ILB may be our biggest need of all, and you have it as a P3. We have had Mitchell, Davis, Poz, and now Ayodele starting in the middle at different times this season. Considering all of those guys could be off the team next year, along will Ellison, I think we need some MLB help more than any other position simply cause we could have 0 MLBs on the roster come March 1st. O and the production from the position this year has stunk.

As far as QB goes, I feel we either make it P1 or none at all. Any QB picked that isnt top material is a waste of a pick at this point.

What is a 4th round QB going to do that Fitz, Brohm or Brown cant?

I personally feel that OLB is our biggest need right now so nothing wrong with getting more than one.

I think given the performances by Johnson, Nelson, and even Jones and Roosevelt, that we can take WR off the list completely. And I'd add CB since McGee is old and injured and who knows whats happening with Florence.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Honestly, I think QB, RB, WRF, WRP, WRS, OG, FS, SS and QB are all "9" positions

I would say LT is a P3 or P4

I would say DT 34 is a P4

I would say DE 34, OLB 34, ILB 34 and RT are all P2 with OLB set-up for multiple picks.

I agree that TE is P3

That's my .02

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

I was just looking at your priority codes. I don't think that anything should get a P2 grade. I think that all of the P2s should be 3s. We should probably assume that Buddy will pull the trigger on whoever is highest on his big board and not reach for any position. Given that, I think that we look at QB, DE 34, OLB34, W/S ILB, RT and TE should all be 3s. We will be looking at depth at DT and not another starter. So that position can be downgraded.

Obviously if Luck is around we take him, but if he isn't I think we pass on QB and move onto 34DE or LB. Would that work out that way if everything was set to P3? Do I have that right?

I think we also go DB at P4. I don't think we'll be filling up on WRs this year given the UDFA talent that can be mined.

P9 All other positions

QUESTIONS:

Would you like to see QB moved to P9? If it's set to P1 you probably get Cam Newton, and at P4 you're likely to get Dalton, Devlin or Kaepernick.

Astro

for what it is worth and in my opinion

1 and 2 are d end or olb top 5 might be high for olb . so DE 1 OLB 2

3 would be weak side inside backer

4 another run stopping d end

4 Right tackle

5-7 i would take a developemental qb and a couple of TE'S

I do not see us needing anything P1. RT might be our biggest need due to the roster seemingly devoid of a true option.

P2: RT, OLB, DE34

P2.5: Pass catching TE with speed

P3: DT4 OLB

P4: WRP, ILB

P6: WRF, OG, LT (for depth and development)

P9: CB x 12, we always need CB's!? :P

No QB needed. If we lose out next year or end up with a top 5 pick we could end up with a much better prospect then we will this year. It is worth waiting, we have Brown and Brohm who are wildcards and we have Fitz who is playing very well.

With as many LB's we have at the mid-tier quality level we should be able to assemble a corp. If we can get a OLB who can pick up TE's (esp for the Pats, a young Fletcher) and an ILB who can stuff the run (similar to T Spikes).

I say drop the WRP if we can get a pass catching TE of high value. I hate that we couldn't get Gonzo and the Pats got him, same with their other TE. Those two guys will prolong Brady's legacy another three years. We need a TE is reliable and can play the game like McKellar and Metzelars since Fitzy doesn't go long often. If we cannot get that we need an over the middle 5-7 yrd WRP preferably someone who can play flanker which makes it hard. It would have to be a big body fast enough WRP/F. The LB's in the AFCE are not that forgiving but not that fast either.

Edited by jboyst62

P9 All other positions

QUESTIONS:

Astro

My 2 cents

P1: None

P2: RT, OLB(M3)

P3: WILB (who can cover)

P4: TE (blocker), RB (big thumper type)

P6: DT34, OG

P9: All others

We need lb's on d, we just spent a 2009 2 and a 3 on nt and DE. I'm not on the moats boat just yet, so double down on olb, at least need wise. I believe the names sam and will refer to strong and weak (side) or run stopper and lighter, not so stout. I think we have enough sam's on the roster. We still need the RT and a TE that can block and catch okay. I think Chan really wants to run the ball given his history, so I put a big rb in there. I also threw in a developmental NT and an OG just in case the practice squad grab bag we have now doesn't work out, even though it looks like it could. We have enough at wr I think, and since Fitz and Brohm were pretty much neck-in-neck in camp they probably see enough in Brohm to pass on a developmental guy.

Looks like you got 12 cents instead of 2. Merry Christmas Astro.

Not saying your wrong but if they bring back Florence I would be willing to use the same unit for one more year. Got to bigger up front first. imo

I dont think anyone is saying to use a 1st or 2nd pick on a CB, but using a 4-7 might not be a bad idea if there is a player there, and we've already gotten our Dline and LBs.

Either way, it's definitely more of a need than WR.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Thanks, all, and Merry Christmas. Keep the Rx coming; I'm not sure there is agreement about what our P2's are, whether QB is a need, and is OLB or ILB a bigger need.

just saw the latest mock on draft tek

as for the second round pick , are you saying that poz can play/better suited for wilb or wilson is an upgrade.

I dont think anyone is saying to use a 1st or 2nd pick on a CB, but using a 4-7 might not be a bad idea if there is a player there, and we've already gotten our Dline and LBs.

Either way, it's definitely more of a need than WR.

I agree with you but did not include in a higher position because with the potential to lose all of our LB's our bigger need is there and getting bigger up front.

If we could get that Nebraska CB it'd be great but then we end up with very great backups. We need a big fast CB who can shut down the improving WR's in the AFCE. Either way, a rd 3-5 CB won't give much to the team but would help with depth. Florence could focus more on D then ST.

I have been reqading some really great suggestions about our draft needs, but I feel we are spinning our wheels here. We need to heard.

I plan to mail my suggestions right to the Buffalo Bills Front Office

Maybe if we had done this earlier, they would not have drafted Maybin or McCargo

I know the address is "One Bills Drive", does anybody know the zip code

I moved QB and TE to P9.

Everything else I left as is.

We have drafted a TE 5 out of the last 7 years.

We don't need to draft another late round TE.

TE can be addressed in Free Agency.

If Mallet is there when the Bills pick it would be tempting but taking Devlin or some other mid round QB is just a wasted pick, like taking another Derek Fine or Stupar.

Here is a painful truth.... Kyle Williams leads this team in sacks with 5.5 on the year. Yes, he's a beast, but he only ranks tied for 39th in the league, in that category. Marcus Stroud has a grand total of 3 sacks which has him ranked 97th. In my opinion, a pass rushing combo is needed in Buffalo next year, and I'd move up if neccessary for Da'Quan Bowers the DE out of Clemson. Additionally, I would seek to obtain Von Miller, an OLB from Texas A&M with the subsequent pick thereafter!! Everything after these two players would be gravy. This team needs a pass rush desperately.