Buffalo Bills young Guns of the future

coldstorage5

Arthur Moats,... I like his way of blowing up stuff,...Getting better and better.

Nelson the TE,... Yes looks to be a keeper.

Stevie Johnson,... yeah double digit tds.

Kyle Williams,.... kicking major butt Pro Bowl caliber.

Add Woods, levitre and Fitz,...

Finally a good young core to build around.

Any other players you like to put on the young gun list??

Edited by coldstorage5

Sorry The Florida kid, I thought he caught a td today playing te.

He's never played TE and couldn't. Gailey does, however, like to bunch WRs up close to the tackles, at times, closer to where a TE may line up. But every play he has played has been from the WR position. He would get murdered as a TE. I'm lovin' him as a #3 or #4 WR now though. Going into next year, we're loaded with Evans, Parrish and Easley coming back to line up with Steve J, Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt. If we could get a real TE this offense could really be explosive.

Let's not pretend Fitz is a "young gun". Dude is 28. With no football in 2011, he'll be 30 the next time there's an NFL season.

QBs can play well into their 30s of course, but they start to taper off around 33-35. That gives the Bills a 3 to 5 year window for a Super Bowl run. There's not enough talent (yet) for that to be a realistic thought.

Let's not pretend Fitz is a "young gun". Dude is 28. With no football in 2011, he'll be 30 the next time there's an NFL season.

QBs can play well into their 30s of course, but they start to taper off around 33-35. That gives the Bills a 3 to 5 year window for a Super Bowl run. There's not enough talent (yet) for that to be a realistic thought.

NFL players have short careers because of the abuse their body takes, not because their skills erode so much JUST from being 30 years old. Fitz didn't get battered and barely played for his first three years. Played less than a season in two years in Cinci. His football age is a lot closer to 25-26 than 28. He could play for 8-10 more years baring injury.

Just turned 28... November 24, 1982

The NFL will not stop in 2011..... No way that happens. Come on man.

Just turned 28... November 24, 1982

The NFL will not stop in 2011..... No way that happens. Come on man.

Now I know you're drinking :nana:

There will be a lockout. There will not be a (full) NFL season in 2011. The sides are too far apart. There's too much money at stake. It's not going to happen. The sides are so far apart there is not even rumors of an agreement.

Now I know you're drinking :nana:

There will be a lockout. There will not be a (full) NFL season in 2011. The sides are too far apart. There's too much money at stake. It's not going to happen. The sides are so far apart there is not even rumors of an agreement.

Lol,... your alright

I know I'm hard on Fitz, as Kelly will attest to ... it's not because I dislike him, he's hard NOT to root for. It's just I honestly believe he is NOT the answer at QB if your goal is to win a super bowl.

I'd be more worried about not having a Hall of Fame QB that is capable of carrying a team to a title if we weren't 32nd in the league against the run.

Marino, Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, and Warren Moon never won Super Bowls, but Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, and Trent Dilfer have. This obsession over having Hall of Famers at QB as our only chance to win a Super Bowl... let's build a defense and an offensive line that would actually enable us to make the playoffs once a decade and we can kick our 2:1 TD/INT ratio QB to the curb after.

The only thing that kind of scares me is will they be willing to pay to keep them around when their current contracts end ??? Ralph & the Bills have a way of letting go of players that are real good & if you sit a & think about it you could think of a half a dozen really good players that they have let go because they didn't want to get off the CASHE !!!

Hopefully by that time Ralph will have found a buyer for the team that wants to keep them right where there at and won't be afraid to spend a bit of money to keep the good players around at least till there skills start to go down hill & then get rid of them a year or so before there done like the Pats do .

GO BILLS !!!!!

He's never played TE and couldn't. Gailey does, however, like to bunch WRs up close to the tackles, at times, closer to where a TE may line up. But every play he has played has been from the WR position. He would get murdered as a TE. I'm lovin' him as a #3 or #4 WR now though. Going into next year, we're loaded with Evans, Parrish and Easley coming back to line up with Steve J, Nelson, Jones and Roosevelt. If we could get a real TE this offense could really be explosive.

Thank you. .It's getting really annoying reading posts stating this or that about David Nelson, TE today or for the future. The kid is 6"5" and 217 lbs with a lanky frame. Those are not TE numbers.

he just turned 28 two days before thanksgiving, and he's not a beat up 28 either. He's almost exactly a year older than Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning and a year younger than Phillip Rivers as examples. Fitz has atleast 6-7 productive years left and this team will make the playoffs in 2011 and be better in 2012 and 2013 even 2014 at that point Fitz will be 32 an probably have another 3-4 years left.

The guy can play he's proven it, the throws today were as good as anything else we've seen to a bunch of no names wide outs and and no tight end behind a make shift offensive line - but lets just forget all that because that doesn't fit the argument- what are you a republican ?

Edited by CardinalScotts