10 TD Receptions

Chilly

Bahahahaha! So TO is "36 and now gets injured just moving around?" Stop, just stop. It's embarrassing.

I wouldn't call it that--but he is getting old. It was a noncontact injury. Reinjured it making a cut

As for your "prediction," I asked you last off-season repeatedly who this "someone" would be and you couldn't answer. So yes, Stevie "bailed" you out with his miraculous 10 TD's, which is one of the highest totals in Bills history. Which you predicted, of course.

I did and I did (you're lying a bit there, doc)--although my whiff on Hardy was a bit of a jab. My point was that someone would replace his output (modest as it was). It really didn't matter who. Just as it didn't the year after he left Dallas. Your position was that TO would take those cathes and yards with him and they would not be replaced. That made no sense.

But your memory seems a bit cloudy. Let me refresh...

I said:

when his team (Dallas) put TO out to the curb and replaced him with......that's right, a bench warmer. A scrub who "out received" TO's production the previous year (see? someone else caught all those TO passes and TDs---why is it hard for you to understand this self evident result/concept?).

TO's "production" will be replaced by someone else on the roster---just as it was in Dallas by you know who, so don't worry your little head...... Another receiver or receivers (Johnson?, hardy?) should be able to cobble together 800 yards of "production"......It was pretty simple for the Cowboys---they simply looked down the bench and pointed at Austin.

We can't replace a guy who had 55 catches? Really? Not Johnson or your boy Hardy?

And someone will replace TO as the Bills #1 this year, just as he temporarily displaced Evans last year. You can change the name of your primary receiver--that player is still going to catch most of your passes-whether it's 40, 55 or 100.

you said:

good WR's can get open DESPITE the plays called. That's why your "someone has to catch those passes" and "he can be replaced by a bench warmer" statements were priceless.

But if he goes, I anxiously wait to see what "bench warmer" replaces his production.

"Somebody caught all those passes" after Moss left Oakland. I guess doc's got something there! Looks like teams are foolish to spend big money on WR's because anybody can catch passes.

he actually made the Bills relevant last year, if not helped portray Buffalo in a better light (and goodness knows, Buffalo needs it!). For that alone he was well worth the $6.5M

LOL! If only you'd done that with your "someone had to catch those passes" line! And continued utterance of it.

Yep, and someone will catch those 100+ passes of Welker's this year for the Pats, right? Of course.

Ooops! Turned out to be Welker. Trick question!

It should be a breeze to replace the Bills' leading receiver from last season, eh?

And the best of course....

The stuff about getting anyone to replace him is the stuff of legends
Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

I was excited to see more of what Steve Johnson could do when he was money on just about

every pass thrown his way the prior season.

I was annoyed with the Owens signing. First I thought he was going to be more of a problem child

than he turned out to be, but mainly I was just annoyed because it was going to keep Steve on the

bench for another year. Not that it would have made a difference with Edwards rarely throwing a pass

more than 10 yards downfield, or getting sacked, or checking down to our RB on 4th and forever

with 7 seconds left in a game.

Probably a wash in the end.

Steve Johnson benefited enormously from TO being on the team, watching him practice, picking his brain, etc. TO spent a ton of time during and after practice, and off the field, with Hardy and Stevie, who were like puppy dogs from what I heard. It seemed to help SJ a lot, not much with Hardy. There is no substitute for playing time in real NFL games, but Josh Reed would have (unfortunately) played ahead of SJ if TO wasn't there. SJ is probably a lot better off having played and hung out with him, and has said it himself in interviews.

I wouldn't call it that--but he is getting old. It was a noncontact injury. Reinjured it making a cut

I did and I did (you're lying a bit there, doc)--although my whiff on Hardy was a bit of a jab. My point was that someone would replace his output (modest as it was). It really didn't matter who. Just as it didn't the year after he left Dallas. Your position was that TO would take those cathes and yards with him and they would not be replaced. That made no sense.

But your memory seems a bit cloudy. Let me refresh...

I said:

you said:

Ooops! Turned out to be Welker. Trick question!

And the best of course....

TO suffered only his 2nd major injury in his 15 year career and at 37 years old? What a puss!

Look doc, TO's season with the "Pro Bowl QB" Palmer vindicates what I said about last year's putrid Bills offense and what he would have added to the team this year, in the absence of any DEFINED WR to take his place. I'm have no problems saying I'm glad that Stevie finally showed something, in his 3rd season, and replaced TO. But you don't get credit for casually tossing out names, when you include Hardy (a jab? OK). But as you like to say, if it makes you sleep better at night...

But here's your chance to be a hero. Who will replace TO's production for the Bengals next year?

As for Welker, he will probably end up with 80% of the receptions he got last year. Your point?

TO suffered only his 2nd major injury in his 15 year career and at 37 years old? What a puss!

Look doc, TO's season with the "Pro Bowl QB" Palmer vindicates what I said about last year's putrid Bills offense and what he would have added to the team this year, in the absence of any DEFINED WR to take his place. I'm have no problems saying I'm glad that Stevie finally showed something, in his 3rd season, and replaced TO. But you don't get credit for casually tossing out names, when you include Hardy (a jab? OK). But as you like to say, if it makes you sleep better at night...

But here's your chance to be a hero. Who will replace TO's production for the Bengals next year?

As for Welker, he will probably end up with 80% of the receptions he got last year. Your point?

He's no wuss--I didn't say that. I said he's old and getting injured running patterns.

I predicted someone (from the bench) would replace TO's production. You said this would not happen. That was the whole discussion--what is your point of "specifically who", other than a desperate diversion? Anyway, I mentioned Johnson twice as a possibility. As your comments clearly show, you failed spectacularly.

I have no idea who will replace TO's output on the third consecutive team that dumps him. Someone I guess. Why is it meaningful to predict who, when, as has been shown to you repeatedly that it has happened-repeatedly.

My obvious point about Welker is that you were sure he wasn't going to play much this year, if at all. And 80% of last year's total would still bring him more catches than TO has had in all but 2 seasons.

He's no wuss--I didn't say that. I said he's old and getting injured running patterns.

I predicted someone (from the bench) would replace TO's production. You said this would not happen. That was the whole discussion--what is your point of "specifically who", other than a desperate diversion? Anyway, I mentioned Johnson twice as a possibility. As your comments clearly show, you failed spectacularly.

I have no idea who will replace TO's output on the third consecutive team that dumps him. Someone I guess. Why is it meaningful to predict who, when, as has been shown to you repeatedly that it has happened-repeatedly.

My obvious point about Welker is that you were sure he wasn't going to play much this year, if at all. And 80% of last year's total would still bring him more catches than TO has had in all but 2 seasons.

No doc, "failing spectacularly" is your belief that TO was done. You can't "fail spectacularly" by not foreseeing that "someone," much less a guy who had done nothing his first 2 years in the league, would suddenly become a top WR. I already acknowledged that "someone" would lead the team in receptions, which is obvious (it could have been leading the team with 54 receptions).

Who stepped-up in SF? And what about the season Miles Austin (who you fancy "replaced TO") is having?

Yep, I was skeptical that Welker could return as fast as he did given his age, injury, and the position he plays. But with all those catches Welker has, where are all the TD's? He's averaged 5 TD's a year with the Pats. And has 23 TD's in his 8-year career. Monster!

No doc, "failing spectacularly" is your belief that TO was done. You can't "fail spectacularly" by not foreseeing that "someone," much less a guy who had done nothing his first 2 years in the league, would suddenly become a top WR. I already acknowledged that "someone" would lead the team in receptions, which is obvious (it could have been leading the team with 54 receptions).

Who stepped-up in SF? And what about the season Miles Austin (who you fancy "replaced TO") is having?

Yep, I was skeptical that Welker could return as fast as he did given his age, injury, and the position he plays. But with all those catches Welker has, where are all the TD's? He's averaged 5 TD's a year with the Pats. And has 23 TD's in his 8-year career. Monster!

In which of those quotes did you "acknowledge" this?

Was it this one?: "That's why your "someone has to catch those passes" and "he can be replaced by a bench warmer" statements were priceless."

This one?: "But if he goes, I anxiously wait to see what "bench warmer" replaces his production."

Maybe it's buried in this one?: "The stuff about getting anyone to replace him is the stuff of legends"

You failed in that you said it wouldn't couldn't happen, when of course it could. You believed those 55 cathes and 800+ yards would disappear form this year's offense along with TO. Just crazy. Now your spinning wildly. How many times have we seen this before?

Welker is no TD machine, that's for sure. But you were comparing catches. I think you know the difference between a possession receiver like Welker and a primary (or #1) receiver like TO and how they are used. You are pretending not to in order to backtrack on another poorly made statement.

The problem is Lee didn't take those years to work on the craft of WR. He is a one trick pony.

I'm not saying cut him. I am saying if Lee would have taken those bad years to work on going over the middle or get in and out of cuts better he could have made himself an irreplaceable complate WR.

Instead he is just a guy that can run real fast.

Yeah, that makes no sense. How many times did we change offenses when he was here? How many great QB's have we had. How many guys taking attention away from him. Need I go on?

Without the Evans deep threat, other teams will shut stevie down eventually. With No speed receievers, you end up with 8 in the box and wonder "what happened to Stevie?" Evans isn't going anywhere soon. Evans deserves a medal for quietly/professionally sticking with this screwed up organization for as long as he has.

I was reading this post from earlier on and i feel i need to say something. In my humble opinion.

In regard to Lee Evans. I have wondered why his play has been less than i hoped after Fitz started to tear it up a little.

He just did not look to be putting in the effort on what little was thrown to him. ( yes i know why we used everyone else and i was hoping we could pull more doubles off him). We had a post about his not stretching for the ball aways back. I watched that play too. It was not what i expected from him.

So i thought on this and i decided to try to put myself in his shoes for the last depressing years he must have gone through being on our team.

Now all the young bucks are here and Chan is going to spread the ball maybe to open up Lee, maybe not.

I am going to say nothing adverse about a guy who has been a very good Buffalo player and loyal to us.

I will reserve my position till next year after he has the offseason to see where he stands with Chan and i suppose himself.

Please lets not hate on Lee. ever.

Yeah, that makes no sense. How many times did we change offenses when he was here? How many great QB's have we had. How many guys taking attention away from him. Need I go on?

You can continue your irrelevant list all you like, nothing you mentioned has anything to do with Lee getting in and out of cuts, and getting open when a safety is covering him.

Lee can run real fast in a straight line in college and the pros. His game hasn't evolved in the last 7 seasons.

That has to do with personal dedication to the craft of being a WR, not his O-Co, QB, O-Line, RB, defense, HC, GM or owner.

Edited by Why So Serious?

In which of those quotes did you "acknowledge" this?

Was it this one?: "That's why your "someone has to catch those passes" and "he can be replaced by a bench warmer" statements were priceless."

This one?: "But if he goes, I anxiously wait to see what "bench warmer" replaces his production."

Maybe it's buried in this one?: "The stuff about getting anyone to replace him is the stuff of legends"

You failed in that you said it wouldn't couldn't happen, when of course it could. You believed those 55 cathes and 800+ yards would disappear form this year's offense along with TO. Just crazy. Now your spinning wildly. How many times have we seen this before?

Welker is no TD machine, that's for sure. But you were comparing catches. I think you know the difference between a possession receiver like Welker and a primary (or #1) receiver like TO and how they are used. You are pretending not to in order to backtrack on another poorly made statement.

Fine, doc. I was wrong that Stevie couldn't replace TO's production on the Bills. You were wrong that TO couldn't still be a top WR. You still lose. :lol:

What does Welker's 20% drop in receptions this year have to do with TO's reception totals over the years, much less TO's 31% increase in receptions (in an abbreviated season, no less) over last year? Nothing. I gave you a non sequitur to match your own nonsensical non sequitur.