Are you happy with the Buffalo Bills poll

BillsObserver

189 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Buffalo Bills?

• Yes
    • No

So...let's see:

1. Team hasn't made the playoffs since the 1999 NFL season.

2. Team hasn't won a playoff game or a division title since the 1995 NFL season.

3. The future of the franchise in Buffalo is in serious doubt.

4. The team gives up one home game a year to a bunch of indifferent Canucks.

5. Uninspiring new GM hire proceeds to draft an underperforming skill position player in the first round, make Cornell Green his marquee free agent signing, then pay Christina Kelsay like she's an elite LB.

6. Uninspiring new HC hire chooses to start Trent Edwards for the season and has his team playing hard for him despite finding novel ways each week to choke in close games (a la Bills performances from the early years with Jauron, another loser HC whom Bills fans initially praised).

7. Only 3 wins this season that came against a trio of equally perennially underachieving 21st century franchises - Lions, Bengals, and Browns.

8. Massive roster holes at RT, TE, most of the defense's front 7, and now possibly SS and CB.

9. Current 14-game losing streak to Patriots with no end in sight.

10. Uniform leftovers from the Tom Donahoe era still look like ****.

And 60% of Bills fans are happy with the Buffalo Bills?!

PATHETIC.

Edited by Internet Tough Guy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...let's see:

1. Team hasn't made the playoffs since the 1999 NFL season.

2. Team hasn't won a playoff game or a division title since the 1995 NFL season.

3. The future of the franchise in Buffalo is in serious doubt.

4. The team gives up one home game a year to a bunch of indifferent Canucks.

5. Uninspiring new GM hire proceeds to draft an underperforming skill position player in the first round, make Cornell Green his marquee free agent signing, then pay Christina Kelsay like she's an elite LB.

6. Uninspiring new HC hire chooses to start Trent Edwards for the season and has his team playing hard for him despite finding novel ways each week to choke in close games (a la Bills performances from the early years with Jauron, another loser HC whom Bills fans initially praised).

7. Only 3 wins this season that came against a trio of equally perennially underachieving 21st century franchises - Lions, Bengals, and Browns.

8. Massive roster holes at RT, TE, most of the defense's front 7, and now possibly SS and CB.

9. Current 14-game losing streak to Patriots with no end in sight.

10. Uniform leftovers from the Tom Donahoe era still look like ****.

And 60% of Bills fans are happy with the Buffalo Bills?!

PATHETIC.

You forgot the part about no big-name free agents or coaches wanting to come here.

Happy Holidays!

I don't know how someone could be "happy" with a 3-10 team. Do I enjoy watching them play for the first time in years? Yes. Do I feel like the team is on the right track for the first time in years? Yes. But happy? No way.

exactly this. I honestly feel a wildcard spot is possible next year with a smart off season. I haven't felt that way in YEARS.

I wouldnt say I'm happy but I feel for the first time in a LONG time they have direction and that Gailey is a good Coach. I feel A LOT better than I did at this time a year ago. I wasn't happy with either selection at GM or Coach but now I think they are guys that can turn this thing around....

I would be much happier with the Bills if they had made the decisions that the Ravens Steelers have made over the past 12 years or so.

Agreed.

I'm still happy to be a Bills fan, though.

I don't know how someone could be "happy" with a 3-10 team. Do I enjoy watching them play for the first time in years? Yes. Do I feel like the team is on the right track for the first time in years? Yes. But happy? No way.

The Bills are just a football team. That is, they exist to entertain us. We watch them because it's fun and exciting. Something to distract us from the same old, same old. For us fans, its not about winning. It's about having a good time. Most of our livelihoods don't depend on the Bills winning, so let's sit back and enjoy it. Therefore, the 2010 edition of the Buffalo Bills make me happy. They serve their purpose.

In response to the Derrick Mason thread I posted, someone thinks 90% of Bills fans aren't happy with the team.

I want to see where you stand. Is Derrick Mason right to cite Bills fans as unhappy? Simple yes or no question, are you happy with the Buffalo Bills?

First off all nobody speecks for me not even another NFL player. I very much like what I am seeing from this team it reminds a me a lot like the 1986 team won't win a lot of games but shows a lot of light at the end of very dark tunnel. GO BILLS :thumbsup:

I'm happy. I'm a die hard fan of a losing team. A perpetual loser. Are my standards high? No. Should they be? Maybe they should, maybe it's a blessing they aren't. I'm happy with the team as of right now. I was prepared to hit bottom and we did and now I see us getting better.

In response to the Derrick Mason thread I posted, someone thinks 90% of Bills fans aren't happy with the team.

I want to see where you stand. Is Derrick Mason right to cite Bills fans as unhappy? Simple yes or no question, are you happy with the Buffalo Bills?

I have been A BILLS fan for over 40 years now and have seen the worst and the best out of this team and I will always bleed the red white and blue of the Buffalo Bills. I don't have to jump on the Bills band Wagon because I have always been on it no matter what and always will be. :thumbsup: GO! BILLS! YEA!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm happy. I'm a die hard fan of a losing team. A perpetual loser. Are my standards high? No. Should they be? Maybe they should, maybe it's a blessing they aren't. I'm happy with the team as of right now. I was prepared to hit bottom and we did and now I see us getting better.

You are what a Bills fan is all about and you have no reason to be ashamed. Be proud as I am because I see things getting better. :thumbsup:

The Bills are just a football team. That is, they exist to entertain us. We watch them because it's fun and exciting. Something to distract us from the same old, same old. For us fans, its not about winning. It's about having a good time. Most of our livelihoods don't depend on the Bills winning, so let's sit back and enjoy it. Therefore, the 2010 edition of the Buffalo Bills make me happy. They serve their purpose.

Context. Perspective. We have a winner. Most refreshing thing I've ever read on this board. I thought I was the only one who felt this way...

Here's what is kind of funny. Everyone is in love with Chan right now because he got everything he could get out of this team in his first year. He did not performed as well as Dick Jauron did in his first year and Dick probably had less talent to work with. But we are all optimistic when we simply see the team compete these days.

Being unhappy about things beyond your own control is an utter waste of time and emotion. I must be happy with the entertainment provided by watching this team play, as I make the effort to. If it made me unhappy I wouldn't make the time to watch and instead be pleased with the free time to pursue other activities.

People who want to be happy find a way to be happy, people who want to be unhappy find a way to do that too.

The Poll may as well have read “in general are you optimistic or pessimistic?” To which all the pessimists would respond “I am a realist and this poll sucks”

Being unhappy about things beyond your own control is an utter waste of time and emotion. I must be happy with the entertainment provided by watching this team play, as I make the effort to. If it made me unhappy I wouldn't make the time to watch and instead be pleased with the free time to pursue other activities.

People who want to be happy find a way to be happy, people who want to be unhappy find a way to do that too.

The Poll may as well have read “in general are you optimistic or pessimistic?” To which all the pessimists would respond “I am a realist and this poll sucks”

But that would be a different poll.

This is pretty simple, are you happy with the 2010, 3-10 Buffalo Bills? Yes or No.

But that would be a different poll.

This is pretty simple, are you happy with the 2010, 3-10 Buffalo Bills? Yes or No.

That is a different question than what the OP asks. He makes no mention of the year and the record.

63% yes? Holy hell.

This isn't asking "are you a fan?"

63% are happy with a 3-10 team who hasn't been the the playoffs in 11 seasons because we scored some points this year? Let me remind you that 13 games in, the 3 teams we beat have a combined 10 wins.

You "real fans" keep being happy with this **** team. You'll realize soon enough fandom doesn't mean blind support.

I voted no. I put down the kool aid for these signature wins over Cincy, Detroit and Cleveland.

You know, maybe Ralph is a genius after all.

That is a different question than what the OP asks. He makes no mention of the year and the record.

The discussion that led to the poll had to do with the 2010, 3-10 Buffalo Bills.

Not the idea of the Buffalo Bills in general.

Funny thing is, there's a good percentage of fans here (myself included) that are happy with the Buffalo Bills.

Put a poll up.

"Are you happy with the Buffalo Bills?"

I'm guessing about 90% would say No.

Yeah things are looking up, but an 11 year playoff drought doesn't make people happy.

Wow. Talk about being out of touch with reality.

We all know this is a sport - for entertainment. It's not paying my bills (no pun intended), or a life and death scenario. So no, my overall mental well being and happiness does not rely on Fitz tossing a touchdown pass to Stevie Johnson ever again or a Lindell game winning FG.

The question is, are you happy with this football team. The one that is supposed to provide this entertainment, sense of pride, etc.

You self rightous ones are replying as if we are asking "Were you happy with the Movie "You've Got Mail""? (One of the worst movies of all time) and saying "Of course I'm happy. Life is good. I don't let movies get me down".

This team sucks. The fact that 63% of us are happy with 3-10 and a decade+ of no post-season shows how low are bar is set. It's like audits I do ion my teams at work. When one of the supervisors goes from 20% to 50% in a given metric, and they're happy about it, I judge their level of expectations, as the goal is 80%.

Keep being happy. I'm waiting for wins.