The Patriots

Nasty

I am sorry but I can not stand the New England Patriots especially Bill Belicheat. Ever since they got caught cheating I have the hardest time watching them. The Josh Mcdanial got caught doing the same thing coming from Bill's coaching tree. It makes you wonder how many coaches before them did it from the same tree. Bill Parcels?? It makes you wonder how he stopped the high powered Bills offense in the Super Bowl doesn't it? Things that make you go UMMMMM? It just bothers me that he got caught, and only got fined and a draft pick taken away, at least the Brancos fired Josh, I give them cudo's. I for one believe Bill should have been banned from the league for life on top of the fine and the draft pick's against the organization. I know this is way old but it really bothers me every time I see the Patriots on the TV. He got caught questioning the integrity of the game and to me that should have been a life time ban. It still makes you wonder how many other coaches do it. Bill Belicheat has to be the luckiest man in the universe to still have a job in the NFL if you ask me.

Bill Belicheat has to be the luckiest man in the universe to still have a job in the NFL if you ask me.

Sorry, but winning absolves all sins and they have been the league's most successful team by any measure for the last decade.

The Pats* are the Tim Tebow Cam Newton of NFL teams -- they just win.

I'm not a NE fan, but got to hand it to him, he is the best coach in the league far and away atdeveloping stratagy to beat someone else. I also find it interesting how so many o his assistants who get HC gigs, fail elsewhere without BB. Again shows how strong of a coach he is. Personality certainly isn't the best, though it seems his players all like the guy.

Stop crying because we can't beat the Pats. I really don't think the videotaping was that big of a deal, he paid the fine and they lost a pick. This was also years ago, get over it.

I don't care about the cheating and all that but is there a more unlikeable team than the New England Patriots? Even the guys you are supposed to like, Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Edelman, etc., are obnoxious punks on the field and the all have their little flowing lock hairdos. Also they seem to catch all of the breaks and always seem to get the team's worst efforts, case in point today alone they catch two, a putrid effort by Chicago paired with a concussion to Aaron Rodgers, who they play next week.

Edited to also add their obnoxiously un-bearable front-running fan base.

Edited by Erik

I laughed at that line until I realized the truth to that statement. Newton will be this year's Tebow. And the draft isn't until April.

Yup. Get ready for the same flood of "Why not Cam Newton" threads every day from now till the draft.

I'm not a NE fan, but got to hand it to him, he is the best coach in the league far and away atdeveloping stratagy to beat someone else. I also find it interesting how so many o his assistants who get HC gigs, fail elsewhere without BB. Again shows how strong of a coach he is. Personality certainly isn't the best, though it seems his players all like the guy.

And this might be his best season yet. They were a suspect team back in September but look what they are doing now against other playoff teams. Today's score: 33-0 at halftime. On the road and in the snow. If they continue to play at this level, no one will touch them in the playoffs.

And this might be his best season yet. They were a suspect team back in September but look what they are doing now against other playoff teams. Today's score: 33-0 at halftime. On the road and in the snow. If they continue to play at this level, no one will touch them in the playoffs.

That's what they said back in 2007. ;)

I don't care about the cheating and all that but is there a more unlikeable team than the New England Patriots? Even the guys you are supposed to like, Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Edelman, etc., are obnoxious punks on the field and the all have their little flowing lock hairdos. Also they seem to catch all of the breaks and always seem to get the team's worst efforts, case in point today alone they catch two, a putrid effort by Chicago paired with a concussion to Aaron Rodgers, who they play next week.

Edited to also add their obnoxiously un-bearable front-running fan base.

I've got a lot of Pats fans as Facebook friends. They're insufferable.

I am sorry but I can not stand the New England Patriots especially Bill Belicheat. Ever since they got caught cheating I have the hardest time watching them. The Josh Mcdanial got caught doing the same thing coming from Bill's coaching tree. It makes you wonder how many coaches before them did it from the same tree. Bill Parcels?? It makes you wonder how he stopped the high powered Bills offense in the Super Bowl doesn't it? Things that make you go UMMMMM? It just bothers me that he got caught, and only got fined and a draft pick taken away, at least the Brancos fired Josh, I give them cudo's. I for one believe Bill should have been banned from the league for life on top of the fine and the draft pick's against the organization. I know this is way old but it really bothers me every time I see the Patriots on the TV. He got caught questioning the integrity of the game and to me that should have been a life time ban. It still makes you wonder how many other coaches do it. Bill Belicheat has to be the luckiest man in the universe to still have a job in the NFL if you ask me.

Was beginning to think the same thing myself. It really seems like the pats defense knows the play call before cutler does. Then you look at spygate and Mangini's outing of it then mcdaniels. Does videotaping the opponent really make that much difference? I used to think not, but After the total domination of the Pats 31 ranked defense in the last 2 weeks, I find myself thinking differently.

Was beginning to think the same thing myself. It really seems like the pats defense knows the play call before cutler does. Then you look at spygate and Mangini's outing of it then mcdaniels. Does videotaping the opponent really make that much difference? I used to think not, but After the total domination of the Pats 31 ranked defense in the last 2 weeks, I find myself thinking differently.

Or it could be a young defense getting better plus it was the Jets and Bears which aren't exactly the best offenses in football.

I am originally from MA and yes Patriots fans there are insufferable. I HATE the Patriots with a passion. But we need to just stop with all this nonsense. They have been the most dominant team this decade, and they have continued to play extremely well since being caught videotaping.

I think it makes us look silly to always focus on the cheating. We are like the jealous little brother who just can't get over big brother's success. We need to start beating them on the field, and that's it. Is Chan Gailey the man to finally come in here and match up with BB? That is the question ladies and gentlemen, and hopefully we will get the answer we want within the next season or so.

Until then, can we just STOP with the Belicheat/Cheatriots crap? Let's just focus on our Bills....

I have trouble hating the Patriots. They're not a loud mouth, cocky team like the Jets, they just go in, win, then get out. Belichick is hands down one of the best coaches of all time, probably top 3 and just finds ways to win with whatever he has around him. But most importantly their front office cares about winning as much as any other team in the NFL without being egotistical maniacs like Jerry Jone's Cowboys or Dan Synder's Redskins. They are what i wish the Bills were and any Bills fan that disagrees with this is insane because all they do is build winning teams.

Edited by bills1960

What gets lost in the shuffle of the Spygate discussion is that they were accused of things other than the videotaping, including at least two coaches (Marinelli and Del Rio) who complained about the headsets at Gillette going out mysteriously in key situations (like third down plays). The NYT ran an article that year citing several unnamed sources on the NFL Competition Committee as saying that the Pats* were basically the one team that people bought complaints to them about over and over. Where there's smoke there's fire, IMHO. When you have an owner (remember who renegotiated BB's contract right after Spygate and almost certainly paid his fine) and a coach united in willing to do whatever it takes, fair and foul, well, there you are......

That said, they're having a much better season this year than I'd have thought looking at their roster, so hats off to the Cheats* for that.

As for a poster above saying that Brady and Company are likable guys, that's a joke. Go read the Esquire interview with him from two years ago, the one where he talks about liking to run up the score and generally comes across as an obnoxious a-hole (from his own quotes, not from any spin), or watch the Wes Welker vid where he's trash talking his opponent and telling him "he f-ing suck" and then come back to me.....

I would love to see us have the kind of team that could beat the Pats in their crib.

I agree he should have been banned for at least a year, and they should have taken all the wins away like the NCAA would have.

I also dont buy the "it wasnt a big deal" argument because they destroyed teh evidence. Just ask Nixon what was on his tapes.

And yes while they have been great since getting caught, they havent won a superbowl since they have been caught. Dare I say they dont win any without cheating? I sure believe that they woulkdnt have won a single one without cheating. What would the Pats be with 3 SB loses?

Edited by Thoner7

"To the victors belong the spoils." I'm quite certain many of the people on this very board would be equally insufferable if our team was as successful.

Except most of their fan base weren't even fans until they won a ring, and they had been around for as long as we had. Heck, even last year when they weren't the favorites, there was hardly a peep in Foxboro during a playoff game. Tell me when that would EVER happen at the Ralph.