Denver head coach candidates

RunTheBall

Watching NFL Countdown and both Fewell and Mularkey were considered leading candidates for the HC position in Denver. I think it would be very interesting to see what Meathead could do with a second go around. I thought he had some potential but completely disintegrated and ejected out of a horrible situation before he did more damage to his career. Fewell? Definitely doing a good job in NY but doesn't have too long of a track record.

RTB

Watching NFL Countdown and both Fewell and Mularkey were considered leading candidates for the HC position in Denver. I think it would be very interesting to see what Meathead could do with a second go around. I thought he had some potential but completely disintegrated and ejected out of a horrible situation before he did more damage to his career. Fewell? Definitely doing a good job in NY but doesn't have too long of a track record.

RTB

they jsut spent two years redoing d to 3/4 , so grabbing fewell would be a big setback. File why we need to stay the course

I actually think Mularkey would be worth giving a second shot to, for some team. I think he did a pretty decent job in Buffalo, under very trying circumstances. I also think, time has kind of shown, he was absolutely correct about the situation in Buffalo, at that time, being pretty hopeless.

Denver might actually be a good fit for him. Bowlan tends to gravitate toward offensive coaches...he isn't likely to go after one of the high profile guys like Cowher, because he will be paying Mike Shanahan big bucks not to coach the Broncos for another two years, and Josh McDaniel, not to coach the Broncos for another two years. He isn't likely to want to pay three guys top dollar, to coach (or not coahc) his team.

I could also see Billick getting some serious consideration by the Broncos. He has been passed over so many times in recent years, his commanding price is likely to drop considerably...wonder what input John Elway will have in this decision...

As a part-time Broncos follower, I must say, I am so glad Josh McDaniel got canned...

Edited by Buftex

Mularky's problem here was that he was calling plays that were waaaay to difficult for the type of talent we had. And sometimes it was just bizzar. It would be like 4th and goal on the one yard line, Losman just starting out, and he calls like a crazy form of the flea flicker type stuff.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I wonder if Greg(g) Williams and Jauron will also be considered by the Broncos.

IMHO, Jauron would be lucky to even get a gig as a DC. His day's of being a HC are over (at least in the NFL).

1 winning season out of 8-9 years across 2 different teams puts a mighty big red flag on the HC resume.

Greggo might get another shot, but the word is he is hard to deal with.

If true, if he can learn to temper his attitude then I can see him getting another shot.

Mularky's problem here was that he was calling plays that were waaaay to difficult for the type of talent we had. And sometimes it was just bizzar. It would be like 4th and goal on the one yard line, Losman just starting out, and he calls like a crazy form of the flea flicker type stuff.

Haha so true. He way over-thought and was a little to fond of the trick play. Wasn't there a 3rd and goal at the 1 where he called a half back pass that got picked? I don't remember for sure on that one but I remember going nuts over some of the ridiculous play calling.

RTB

I wonder if Greg(g) Williams and Jauron will also be considered by the Broncos.

IMHO, Jauron would be lucky to even get a gig as a DC. His day's of being a HC are over (at least in the NFL).

1 winning season out of 8-9 years across 2 different teams puts a mighty big red flag on the HC resume.

Greggo might get another shot, but the word is he is hard to deal with.

If true, if he can learn to temper his attitude then I can see him getting another shot.

I was only kidding. I was just piling onto the idea that every Bills head coach from the last decade would be considered. But actually as you point out, the idea of Greg(g) Williams getting another chance isn't that far out. He is a respected coordinator.

I should have also said Wade Phillips.