Bills/Browns game viewed as so bad by CBS

Albany,n.y.

Because the people who live here don't always check the TV listings and may want the information. Not everyone on this board lives in Rochester.

These game assignments change on Thursdays and Fridays all the time. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. I'm in Queensbury, so I watch WRGB, too.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m big on the506.com, the “NFL TV Distribution Maps Forum.” We keep track of such things. I posted there that this game is going to 2.4% of the US, since Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Elmira will not get it.

It looks like the priority for TV in New York State’s capital is the New Jersey teams first, then Buffalo, then New England, then the biggest game the network has.

This year Albany has had the Bills every week except week 3 (Tenn-NYG, not Buf-NE), Week 9 (Fox always favoring NFC teams, only showed Chi-Buf in Buf+Roch.), Week 11 (Hou-NYJ, not Buf-Cin) and Week 12 (Jax-NYJ, not Pit-Buf).

Last year, Albany got every Bills game that didn’t conflict with the Jersey teams up until the meaningless Week 16 Buf-Atl game. Then CBS showed Jax-NE to Albany.Same way in Week 17, when they showed Pit-Mia instead of Indy-Buf.

I’m pleasantly surprised that there are as many Bills fans in Albany as there are. Of course, Sunday Ticket or at least Red Zone are other answers if you’re not going to a sports bar.

I’m big on the506.com, the “NFL TV Distribution Maps Forum.” We keep track of such things. I posted there that this game is going to 2.4% of the US, since Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Elmira will not get it.

It looks like the priority for TV in New York State’s capital is the New Jersey teams first, then Buffalo, then New England, then the biggest game the network has.

This year Albany has had the Bills every week except week 3 (Tenn-NYG, not Buf-NE), Week 9 (Fox always favoring NFC teams, only showed Chi-Buf in Buf+Roch.), Week 11 (Hou-NYJ, not Buf-Cin) and Week 12 (Jax-NYJ, not Pit-Buf).

Last year, Albany got every Bills game that didn’t conflict with the Jersey teams up until the meaningless Week 16 Buf-Atl game. Then CBS showed Jax-NE to Albany.Same way in Week 17, when they showed Pit-Mia instead of Indy-Buf.

I’m pleasantly surprised that there are as many Bills fans in Albany as there are. Of course, Sunday Ticket or at least Red Zone are other answers if you’re not going to a sports bar.

Once you get to this point in the season, it probably makes more sense to show a game with more playoff implications than one with two teams that are already out. Hence the Jax-NE and Pit-Mia games from last year.

What bugs me about this is that there aren't many playoff implications with the one they chose. Yes, Pittsburgh will be in the playoffs, but they're favored by about 9 over Cincy...this one is expected to be a blowout. At least the Bills-Browns should be more competitive, knowing how much better the Bills are playing (note I said "how much better", not how good they are). Heck, I'd probably rather see Oak-Jax instead of the over-hyped Steelers.

Pitt-Cincy is being shown to the majority of the country, too. They didn't need to add it to the Albany market over a NY team.

Edited by BuffaloWings

lot of bills fans in albany from the 1990's glory days...you would be suprised

Yup, Albany loves the Bills. And to those who need a place to watch, if you head to McGeary's on Pearl Street. I hear that is where the local Bills Backers like to meet up. Haven't been myself.

Yup, Albany loves the Bills.

Do the retailers in the Albany-Saratoga area feel the same way? I travel to both cities on business and there's NO Buffalo Bills merchandise in the stores. None. Giants & Jets stuff all over the place.

And there's a lot of Pats fans there too, I understand?

And no snow.

I'm going to the game, so for me it doesn't matter, but how bad is the Browns @ Bills game being thought of by the CBS network guys & the local Albany station that Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati is being shown here in Albany? I can't imagine why anyone in programming would choose showing any game the Bengals are involved in over the Bills in Albany.

Originally they were planning on showing NE @ Chicago but the NFL moved the game to 4:15 so now Albany gets screwed twice because instead of showing the NE game, Albany now gets Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati at 1 & the Miami @ Jets at 4:15.

The good news is it's not too late for everyone in Albany to buy tickets & watch the Bills try to avenge last season's 6-3 loss.

Here's something even CRAZIER!!! 1310AM in the DFW area will carry the Pittsburgh & Cincinnati game TOO!!!

You're a moron. I've been to more Bills games in person than you could dream of. Just STFU you idiot.

Q. Why are you ALWAYS bringing up the Giants and Jets in Albany? And you're from Long Island, right? I do a lot of work in Albany and Saratoga Springs. As a Bills fan from CNY (Syracuse) I get treated like dirt when I'm there by the fans of the teams that you ALWAYS post about. And there's NO Bills merchandise in any of the retail stores there!

Q. Why are you ALWAYS bringing up the Giants and Jets in Albany? And you're from Long Island, right? I do a lot of work in Albany and Saratoga Springs. As a Bills fan from CNY (Syracuse) I get treated like dirt when I'm there by the fans of the teams that you ALWAYS post about. And there's NO Bills merchandise in any of the retail stores there!

And WTF does that have to do with who I root for? Find any posts where my main topic is the Giants or Jets. The only thing I discuss is when someone underestimates Eli Manning & says our QBs are better. They're not, not JP not Fitzpatrick. When I'm talking about TV schedules I have to bring up the Giants & Jets because when they play directly affects the chances of the Bills being shown on home TV, which I don't have to worry about for home games because I go to every one. I lived in WNY for about 7 years, so where I'm from & where I live now are irrelevant to what team I root for. By the way, I'm heading out to WNY for the game in a few minutes. We'll pass right by you as you sit at home 140 miles from the stadium criticizing fans who actually go to the games. I'm sorry I called you a moron & an idiot, I stand corrected, you're an f'n moron & an f'n idiot.

I am a Bills fan living in Lake Placid. Upstate NY fans in my region have barely seen a game since the super bowl years. We get a steady dose of Giants (every single game) and NE Pats games shoved down our throats. If the programming is such that NE plays at night or has the MNF game, then we get the Jets. In the case of a double header, our affiliate goes out of their way to show anyone other than the Bills. This frustrates me to no end, my annual complaints to the local networks and One Bills Drive are of no use, and the situation continues. Bills fans have vanished in the North Country, you rarely seen a Bills shirt or hoodie anymore, no one even knows who is on the team anymore, kids are not being raised as Bills fans. It's sad, the Bills have dropped the ball here in upstate NY. I'd like to see Russ Brandon regionalize the Bills past Rochester and Toronto, and make this New Yorks team. His vision of "regionalized" is very limited geographically. Let the metro folks down in NYC and NJ keep the Jets and Giants. C'mon Man! As a final insult to injury for us out of town fans, I am totally frustrated with the ticket policy. I used to be able to get tickets through the box office. Now with the policy of selling individual game tickets to the season ticket holders before they are available to the public, I can't seem to get any pre December tickets for me and my buddies to sit together. These tickets then get sold to scalpers, Stub Hub, or back to the Bills, all of which inflates the ticket prices or makes it difficult or impossible to get a few seats together. It's not very fan friendly IMO. The Bills need a better front office, and a better product on the field, then maybe we will see them again on TV.

And WTF does that have to do with who I root for? Find any posts where my main topic is the Giants or Jets. The only thing I discuss is when someone underestimates Eli Manning & says our QBs are better. They're not, not JP not Fitzpatrick. When I'm talking about TV schedules I have to bring up the Giants & Jets because when they play directly affects the chances of the Bills being shown on home TV, which I don't have to worry about for home games because I go to every one. I lived in WNY for about 7 years, so where I'm from & where I live now are irrelevant to what team I root for. By the way, I'm heading out to WNY for the game in a few minutes. We'll pass right by you as you sit at home 140 miles from the stadium criticizing fans who actually go to the games. I'm sorry I called you a moron & an idiot, I stand corrected, you're an f'n moron & an f'n idiot.

Ignore that guy... he has it in for Albany, for some reason. Seriously, he pops in to every thread that mentions Albany and accuses people of not being Bills fans. It's very strange.

I'm going to the game, so for me it doesn't matter, but how bad is the Browns @ Bills game being thought of by the CBS network guys & the local Albany station that Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati is being shown here in Albany? I can't imagine why anyone in programming would choose showing any game the Bengals are involved in over the Bills in Albany.

Originally they were planning on showing NE @ Chicago but the NFL moved the game to 4:15 so now Albany gets screwed twice because instead of showing the NE game, Albany now gets Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati at 1 & the Miami @ Jets at 4:15.

The good news is it's not too late for everyone in Albany to buy tickets & watch the Bills try to avenge last season's 6-3 loss.

Time to bust out the radio or listen to live streaming on the internet . . .

Using the F word???

Obviously I touched on a subject that is very sensitive to you. In other words, I'm right. You are a part-time Giants or Jets fan. You're always posting about them!! It's no big deal and there's no need for profanity.

OK?

Using the F word???

Obviously I touched on a subject that is very sensitive to you. In other words, I'm right. You are a part-time Giants or Jets fan. You're always posting about them!! It's no big deal and there's no need for profanity.

OK?

No, you touched a nerve because you sit home in Syracuse while I go to games & then you have the nerve to call me a part time fan. I've never seen you at any of the tailgates or ever claiming that you go to games. For someone to sit home & then call a fan who travels almost 600 miles to EVERY home game a part time fan is an insult.

Ok moron-find my posts about the Giants & Jets & link them. You can't because there are none. There are none about the Jets, the only Giants topics are that Eli Manning is better than people think. Hardly always posting about Giants & Jets.

When someone says things without merit that are as dumb as you have, profanity is needed.

Put up or shut up-post links to the alleged Jets/Giants posts or STFU. I put up every game at the stadium. You sit home in Syracuse.