Obama's Best Moment

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand ONE thing... I could give two craps what messages the DNC, MSNBC, Huffingtonpost, etc. puts out. My opinions are exactly that... mine.

Yet coincidentally these opinions from which you derive suck a great source of pride, can be summarized in a half dozen mantras that are constantly repeated by all these sources.

Yet coincidentally these opinions from which you derive suck a great source of pride, can be summarized in a half dozen mantras that are constantly repeated by all these sources.

You can say the same thing about your opinions, Magox's, Alaska Darins, Robs, etc. All of those can be found on FOX News, Drudge, RNC... you name it.

Ok, I will play this game. Which one? Be specific

For one thing you constant rambling on / acting as though this horrible economy started with Obama.

Time to get ready for some football.. have a great day everyone. I wonder if that was a talking point for the left? :thumbsup:

For one thing you constant rambling on / acting as though this horrible economy started with Obama.

Time to get ready for some football.. have a great day everyone. I wonder if that was a talking point for the left? :thumbsup:

You're such a joke, never ever did anything that resembled what you said ever come from me. My point of criticism has been his policies that have delayed the recovery and I have always given specific detailed reasons that are derived from a macro economic perspective due to specific regulations,mandates and tax provisions. The fact that you just said this says one of a few things that either you are a retard and that lacks the ability of comprehension or that you aren't able to remember anything for longer than a day or you had no response other than a "na uhh, your momma" :nana: style rebuttal.

Edited by Magox

Some progressives may be following the progressive media outlets but many of the people I know were way out in front of the progressive media outlets on Obama - it's not a shocking thing - you vote for a person based on certain promises, he fails to deliver, you give the benefit of the doubt for a short time, then you say screw it the guy is either brainless, ball-less, or bought- If you voted for change you don't really need Republican-lite, or neo-conservatism brought to you a little more articulately from a smiling multicultural face.

Some progressives may be following the progressive media outlets but many of the people I know were way out in front of the progressive media outlets on Obama - it's not a shocking thing - you vote for a person based on certain promises, he fails to deliver, you give the benefit of the doubt for a short time, then you say screw it the guy is either brainless, ball-less, or bought- If you voted for change you don't really need Republican-lite, or neo-conservatism brought to you a little more articulately from a smiling multicultural face.

There is something to be said for the purists from both sides. You have a Ron Paul/Rand Paul/Jim Demint from the right and you have your Bernie Sanders/Anthony Wiener/Grayson from the left, they are all from the fringes of their parties that most people in the center don't share their views. They have such a purist absolutist POV that it just doesn't jive with the general American electorate, but they do stick to their guns and for that, there is something to admire for having such steadfast beliefs. That they aren't willing to compromise based on their views.

Having said that, many of their beliefs from both of these sides are radical and in some cases can be best characterized as downright idealogical idiocy.

Edited by Magox

Having said that, many of their beliefs from both of these sides are radical and in some cases can be best characterized as downright idealogical idiocy.

I don't know that I'd consider DeMint belief's radical. Not arguing your overall point, just kinda sticking up for DeMint, who I've really come to like. His Achille's heel, I believe, is how he wears his Christianity on his sleeve. That's bad for politicians because the left won't let it go without bringing it up ALL the time. Mocking God is a favorite for the left. (Oddly enough, they'll mock Christians 24/7, but heaven forbid someone mock a Muslim.}

What policies that Obama has advocated and pushed for are even remotely "Republican" or conservative? I know GWB expanded medicare, signed a "stimulus" bill, subsidized farms and steel, etc. and the congress went on a spending spree, but those are traditionally liberal or "Democrat" issues that he was stealing which is why many on the right view him as Dem-lite. So please explain what it is that you base this on.

I'm just going to speak facts.

Fact:

Job openings right now, are the highest they have been in over two years.

Fact:

unemployment rate is rising

Fact:

people out of work for over 6 months is at a record high

what does this lead to?

Job skill deterioration

I'm not sure how the numbers go, but my inclination is that job openings have to be a heck of a lot stronger just to account for people entering the job market for the first time who are never counted as unemployed.

The population isn't getting smaller. (I think that is a fact too) :)

What policies that Obama has advocated and pushed for are even remotely "Republican" or conservative? I know GWB expanded medicare, signed a "stimulus" bill, subsidized farms and steel, etc. and the congress went on a spending spree, but those are traditionally liberal or "Democrat" issues that he was stealing which is why many on the right view him as Dem-lite. So please explain what it is that you base this on.

no investigations of previous administration in regards to war crimes, warrantless wiretaps continue, less transparency Obama's administration fights foia request just as hard if not harder than Bush administration, the Obama administration reserves the "right" to carry out assassinations of American citizens without due process, still in Iraq and Afghanistan with no real exit strategy, torture proclaimed no longer used but proof that prisoners in U.S. custody were handed off to regimes that use torture pervasively - no single payer, no public option, no importation of medicine allowed from Canada or Europe, an increase of drug exclusivity length, AMA retains the right to limit the number of medical students who can enter training- Geithner, Summers, Bernanke, no reinstatement of Glass-Steagall, no regulation changing how asset rating is done (Banks can still shop ratings), relaxation of accounting rules so banks can hide their losses, no penalties for restatement of earnings, nothing to stop another potential cascade of failures except taxpayer bailouts, no indictments brought despite massive fraud in financial industry- no campaign finance reform, no reversal of don't ask don't tell, no changes in allowing people to freely move from an industry to a regulator of that industry and back again, not appointing an actual progressive to the Supreme Court, not closing Gitmo. supporting off-shore drilling without any strengthening of regulatory system.

Is that enough?

no investigations of previous administration in regards to war crimes, warrantless wiretaps continue, less transparency Obama's administration fights foia request just as hard if not harder than Bush administration, the Obama administration reserves the "right" to carry out assassinations of American citizens without due process, still in Iraq and Afghanistan with no real exit strategy, torture proclaimed no longer used but proof that prisoners in U.S. custody were handed off to regimes that use torture pervasively - no single payer, no public option, no importation of medicine allowed from Canada or Europe, an increase of drug exclusivity length, AMA retains the right to limit the number of medical students who can enter training- Geithner, Summers, Bernanke, no reinstatement of Glass-Steagall, no regulation changing how asset rating is done (Banks can still shop ratings), relaxation of accounting rules so banks can hide their losses, no penalties for restatement of earnings, nothing to stop another potential cascade of failures except taxpayer bailouts, no indictments brought despite massive fraud in financial industry- no campaign finance reform, no reversal of don't ask don't tell, no changes in allowing people to freely move from an industry to a regulator of that industry and back again, not appointing an actual progressive to the Supreme Court, not closing Gitmo. supporting off-shore drilling without any strengthening of regulatory system.

Is that enough?

Yeah, that's pretty good actually. I chalk most of that stuff up to the idealism of the campaign meeting reality, but that's definitely a more substantial answer than I expected. I'm sure I don't agree with you on many of those issues, but it's still refreshing to hear a lib that actually has a belief system that trumps their party affiliation, unlike all the mindless lemmings (many of which post here) who jump on the Democrat bandwagon and buy whatever issue du jour (I think today it's demonizing "tax cuts for the rich")their prophet is peddling, like the loyal Dems they claim not to be.

I'm really confused. So tax cuts now in fact do now create jobs and stimulate the economy?

"I am absolutely convinced that this tax cut plan, while not perfect, will help our economy and create jobs in the private sector,"

So what did it take to absolutely convince you Mr. President? Making a deal with the devil? I'm pretty sure this quote will come back to haunt him. I know I'll be bringing it up from time to time

You can say the same thing about your opinions, Magox's, Alaska Darins, Robs, etc. All of those can be found on FOX News, Drudge, RNC... you name it.

That's pretty funny given I don't watch Fox News (or any cable news for that matter, don't ever look at Drudge (or any scoop/partisan website), or ever vote for a Republican. Outside of that you're almost spot on.

Moron.