How are we EVER supposed to compete

BLZFAN4LIFE

Coming off of the bye the Bills played a few good teams close and then actually won two in a row. Just when the old passion and enthusiasm for the team began to emerge, the wheels fell off in Minny. Then I see the Patriots roll the Jets like they were a D-2 squad. Leading me to ask how are we ever going to compete with the Pats?

Excuse me for not researching it, but off of the top of my head I believe they have beaten us 14 straight times and 19 of the last 20. New England also has 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds of the draft.

The Patriots have their own picks plus these:

The second rounder from Carolina is likely to be the #33 pick, which isn't too shabby. They will use some picks and wisely trade some away and secure additional picks for the future. They have a young D which will only improve over time and look like a firmly entrenched dynasty. Bills fans on the other hand, are relegated to feeling good about moral victories and wins against two-win teams.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so easy to trade down nowadays, those days are over. We just need to draft better, As we all know all of our #1 draft picks have been HUGE busts except for, Woods, Levitre, and maybe whitner,.. We need solids drafts, Thats why the Pats are good,and we are not.

Answer is pretty simple. We must draft good players. We could have had Matthews, Orakpo and Mangold. Players we needed. And there are a ton of top talent we let walk, which was a bad idea. 2010 class looks like poop so far, for drafting so high. I have no Idea how we keep screwing it up. We've become Detriot in that sense. If the best player on the board is a Running Back when we go to Draft this year, I'm done with this team.

Not too too tough to figure it out....

BRADY

FITZ

Maybe now people will try and understand why many fans want Luck so badly......

LUCK? LUCK? You are comparing a college qb with NO experience in the NFL to TOM BRADY? Are you nuts? Not to mention that Brady was not a first round draft choice. The key is to start in the trenches. If you get Luck and your time of possession is as patheti as ours has been it doesn't matter how good he is.

LUCK? LUCK? You are comparing a college qb with NO experience in the NFL to TOM BRADY? Are you nuts? Not to mention that Brady was not a first round draft choice. The key is to start in the trenches. If you get Luck and your time of possession is as patheti as ours has been it doesn't matter how good he is.

It's called building around your franchise QB - Oh, I forgot, there is only one round in the draft and no free agency. That's too bad because maybe we could have stocked the trenches in rounds 2-7 and free agency.

That's why we should trade DOWN in the first round so; to stockpile draft picks and young TALENTED players. JUST LIKE THE PATRIOTS DO.

Don't look at what the patriots are doing today. When you're on top you can play the game the way they do. Look at how they went from 2-14 to winners. It's not about one player, it's about building a winning TEAM. What did they and other winners do when they were losing to stop the losing?

The BILLS minus Fitz plus Luck do not equal the Pats* + Brady!

I know we all want to win RIGHT NOW, but losers lose because they think the difference between winners and losers is one God-given-miraculous-puzzle-piece. There are many differences, some a lot less obvious than others, AND it's usually those less noticeable, but quality pieces that make teams champions.

Not too too tough to figure it out....

BRADY

FITZ

Maybe now people will try and understand why many fans want Luck so badly......

It's also about competing in the elements. In that token I will take Fitz over the "Sanchise". It's also another reason that it's all about the lines.

The draft well too. The Bills on the other hand.

With the amount of picks they had over the years I would say that if they drafted well they would already have a dominant defense and that is hardly the case. Having said that their last draft seems to be a great one.

The key to N.E. success is Bellichik, he has his players always giving 100% while playing fundamental football every single snap and he never gets complacent, ever. You hear him mic'ed up and he doesn't say anything special to his players, he expects his players carry on with their assigments.

It is as simple as it is very hard to accomplish.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/09000d5d81c62df7/Sound-FX-Bill-Belichick-miked

Check out at the end before Manning last pick, it's as simple as that.

Everyone talks about the pats and how we won't be competitive. That is simply not true. They have a good draft coming up, but know they have the management set and in place and have for many years. The Bills have had a so many many changes in the front office along with coaching and never really let anything develop. The only thing we HAD was with Marv many, many years ago. Then Raplh got rid of one of the very best managers of the sport who went on to build Indy up. Ralph may or may not have learned from this and Chan and Buddy will take time to estblish this team again. We will not be a contender for at least a few years yet. Chan didn't even know who or what he had until the season started. He warned us of he will not know until the games get real. I Billieve he is doing things right. I feel he eveluated his whole team and will be making changes this year. If he decides to keep Fitz is up to him because he has turned Fitz into a very competitive QB. I'm not saying great, but competitive. I feel it will take a few draft choices and maybe a free agent to turn things around again. Like it or not, but Chan the Man took a laughing stock of a team and smacked some big teams in the mouth. No we didn't win, but we earned some major respect this year and that says a lot. He never said we were a playoff team. He has turned this team into BILLIEVERS though. to BILLieve they can compete with anyone. We lost to the Vikes, and people are crying again? That is why we play the game, anyone can win any given Sunday. I feel Chan is doing right and even though we got our asses handed to us on a silver platter, does not mean we are a laughing stock. I give him a few years at the helm to see what they can do before I call them bad. I give us a few years to be comptetive as well. By the end of 2012 if they do not make a playoff run, then do I call for a change. This maybe harsh, but it the pats a few years with another coach in order to be good again.