Season Tickets Holders Question

nmas3

I live in VA will be DC area by next summer and seriously considering buying season tickets. I have family in Albany area so I could and have stayed up there for the weekends. I would probably plan on seing 2 games a year and selling the rest if I can. So my question is how far do you live and own season tickets. Am I crazy to think about this?

I live in north central PA, so I drive 80 miles (little over 2 hours) to RWS.

Personally I wouldn't get seasons if you're only going to two games a year. It would be different if the Bills were good and selling out every week as you could easily offload the tickets for the games you don't attend.

Regarding distance you are not crazy. I live in Central PA about 200 very rural miles to OP and shared tickets with a friend who lives in Richmond, VA. Two to three games is reallistic, but honestly the poor product on the field made the travel, food and lodging cost very tough to justify keepi ng the tickets. The cost for the tickets, nor even a few bucks lost trying to sell or even give away the tickets was never an issue but the extra cost incured for the product forced me to surrender.

I live in north central PA, so I drive 80 miles (little over 2 hours) to RWS.

Personally I wouldn't get seasons if you're only going to two games a year. It would be different if the Bills were good and selling out every week as you could easily offload the tickets for the games you don't attend.

Since my brother lives in Albany I am hoping that he is going to be able to get rid of some. I am only paying for 1 ticket so it wont be that bad. I guess the drive is about 8 hours from DC to the Ralph.

I live in the DC area too and have season tix. I only make about 2 maybe 3 games a year tops. I do have family up in WNY so it's a little easier to go up for multiple reasons (not just the game). Still, the re-sale market on Bills tix is awful these days so if you buy them...plan on losing money on the proposition (if that even matter to you). Otherwise enjoy the games...it's probably a decent time to buy seasons because their will be lots of locations available.

I live 500 miles away in NH. I split 4 tickets with a buddy who lives in MA. We get to 3-4 games a year. We also have two Sabres seasons. We get to 5-6 Sabres games a year.

We manage to sell the rest of our seats and cover the cost of all our tickets. We have Rockpile seats.

PTR

I have multiple season tix with a friend and we both live in Long Island. Have family in WNY and catch 3 games. The rest go easy on ebay. This year we'll lose a little money because the Jim Kelly Club seats never sell, but the lower bowl seats are a home run.

I live in the Philly area and have a season ticket. My friend in buffalo has the other half (along with about 6-8 friends a section over).

I make it to 2-5 games a season. The drive home after the games is fun. You see the Bills fans dissipate as you go and I have seen cars decked out with Bills stuff past Binghamton

I have multiple season tix with a friend and we both live in Long Island. Have family in WNY and catch 3 games. The rest go easy on ebay. This year we'll lose a little money because the Jim Kelly Club seats never sell, but the lower bowl seats are a home run.

I was thinking lower bowl. The last few games I went to were great and I paid over the price of the ticket.

My name is Billnutinhouston and I own a pair of season tickets. Crazy? Maybe, but it all depends on your personal situation. Before I bought them, I mapped out a plan where I would go to two games, with the rest going to charity - Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Erie County. That plan just happens to work for me. This was my first year and I plan to do it again.

To the OP - it might sound strange coming from me but personally, if I was you I would NOT plan to commute from Albany, that's too far away to drive consistently.

I live in VA will be DC area by next summer and seriously considering buying season tickets. I have family in Albany area so I could and have stayed up there for the weekends. I would probably plan on seing 2 games a year and selling the rest if I can. So my question is how far do you live and own season tickets. Am I crazy to think about this?

I used to drive 1800 miles roundtrip at least twice a year. Crazy is the whole chicken

I live in the DC AREA also have had seats for years now. Only make it to a game or two a year. So no your not nuts, but you will not get your money back for the games you do not attend.

I am not really that concerned in getting the money back.

Well I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. I reserved my tickets last night!

I make the trip from the Albany area. Had seasons for 10-11 years...and went quite a bit before that. Certainly a bit of a haul...but so used to it now that I don't even notice. Harder coming home after a loss though! I've cut back to about 3 gms this year....when we are great someday perhaps I'll have the energy for more! My seats are great...so I gotta keep 'em despite the lost decade in which I've had them.