The future is almost now

Albany,n.y.

I wrote this back in April. Since I don't think there's any chance we'll catch Carolina, I have mixed emotions. But I was pretty accurate in my assessment of our team approaching next Sunday:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/111851-next-december-12th/page__p__1827396__fromsearch__1#entry1827396

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

On Thursday we will be drafting our 1st round pick. By the time we pick, the best players at our biggest positions of need, LT, QB & NT will be off the board. We'll have to settle for a 1st round talent who is not likely to be the impact player we need. Now, lets remember those meaningless games that we won late in the season-for all those who felt so good when we won them, now enjoy watching the best players go off the board by pick nine. My point is that this team sucks & when you suck it's better to lose those games in November & December if you have any hope of getting the type of player that can finally end the years of losing. Do you think we get all of those 4 AFC championships without Bruce Smith?

Now let's fast forward to next December. Odds are pretty good we're not going to be in the playoff hunt. In fact odds are pretty good we'll be in position for a top 5 pick in the draft. When the home game against the Browns on December 12th is here, try to remember that empty feeling we're having this Thursday as Okung, Bradford, Suh, and the guys rated 2nd best at LT & DL go flying off the board long before pick 9. Now some of you will be rooting hard for win #3, 4 or 5 of the season, but please, don't get on the cases of the people like me who will be remembering this Thursday & would rather not experience the "good feeling" of seeing the Bills win their 4th game at the expense of losing out on a player who could be instrumental in turning this franchise around for the next decade.

True I have been hoping for them to win,but today showed we have a ways to go. I hope we stay competitve but the only team I think we can beat is Miami, so it is unfortunately in our best interest to loose out and pray that Carolina, Cincy and Detroit win a few. Hopefully Nix goes for the best available player at the position we need, not another Luxury pick. I would rather kept Lynch and Drafted Bulaga and Gronkowski instead of Spiller and Troupe who is also not big enough for nose like my man Kyle who would be a beast at end.

Well, I'm not sure that the Bills need a QB. Fitz has been doing OK with a lack of a supporting cast. However, we needed an LT and an a NT out of the last draft. And you know what, we still need a LT and a NT.... not to mention RT, LB, TE. Odds are they'll draft a CB #1 again. I can't say I disagree with that after McKelvin's performance this year.

The Bills just suck and until the ownership changes hands they ain't even gonna sniff playoffs.

I wrote this back in April. Since I don't think there's any chance we'll catch Carolina, I have mixed emotions. But I was pretty accurate in my assessment of our team approaching next Sunday:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/111851-next-december-12th/page__p__1827396__fromsearch__1#entry1827396

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

On Thursday we will be drafting our 1st round pick. By the time we pick, the best players at our biggest positions of need, LT, QB & NT will be off the board. We'll have to settle for a 1st round talent who is not likely to be the impact player we need. Now, lets remember those meaningless games that we won late in the season-for all those who felt so good when we won them, now enjoy watching the best players go off the board by pick nine. My point is that this team sucks & when you suck it's better to lose those games in November & December if you have any hope of getting the type of player that can finally end the years of losing. Do you think we get all of those 4 AFC championships without Bruce Smith?

Now let's fast forward to next December. Odds are pretty good we're not going to be in the playoff hunt. In fact odds are pretty good we'll be in position for a top 5 pick in the draft. When the home game against the Browns on December 12th is here, try to remember that empty feeling we're having this Thursday as Okung, Bradford, Suh, and the guys rated 2nd best at LT & DL go flying off the board long before pick 9. Now some of you will be rooting hard for win #3, 4 or 5 of the season, but please, don't get on the cases of the people like me who will be remembering this Thursday & would rather not experience the "good feeling" of seeing the Bills win their 4th game at the expense of losing out on a player who could be instrumental in turning this franchise around for the next decade.

While I agree with your view and I am one of those fans who wants a high pick, the logic is lost that the Bills simply cannot draft - at all - in the first few rounds.

We DIDNT miss out on all the top Ts. Bulaga could have been our guy. I sure would have liked to see a tackle, either right or left, that wasnt horribly owned by #69 on every snap like out Ts were today. I sure would have traded Spillers 35 rushing yards and average return abilites for it too. Tamba hali owned our RT. Our OL has been pretty good in some games but is still manhandled at times.

We would have taken Spiller if we had the 2nd pick in the draft. So while yes you are right, it does us no good becase we cannot draft, period.

On Thursday we will be drafting our 1st round pick. By the time we pick, the best players at our biggest positions of need, LT, QB & NT will be off the board. We'll have to settle for a 1st round talent who is not likely to be the impact player we need. Now, lets remember those meaningless games that we won late in the season-for all those who felt so good when we won them, now enjoy watching the best players go off the board by pick nine.

Ryan Clady, Aaron Rodgers, Haloti Ngata, and Clay Matthews all say "hello."

It's not where you pick, it's who you pick, and how you develop them.

We would have taken Spiller if we had the 2nd pick in the draft. So while yes you are right, it does us no good becase we cannot draft, period.

No, we wouldn't have.

For those who seemed to have inside info (Nevergiveup) - there were clearly other players we wanted but didn't think they would last long enough to get to #9.