Bright Spot of the Day.....................

cåblelady

Marshawn Lynch is looking like an All-Pro today.

If by All-Pro you mean below average running back who gets 1 yard TD runs but otherwise averages 3. something yards per carry game in and game out, then yes, he looks like an all-pro

Jared Allen is a beast tho. One of the best in the game and I'm not sure why this is but I never saw Bell get ANY help over there, TE or otherwise to even throw a little chip block on this dude. Their other stud DE Edwards is inactive on the other side of the line and the Williams boys arent pass rushers per se, so you'd think Chan would have neutralized Jared Allen with some blocking help and found his QB some goddamn time out there.Gailey has been good at halftime adjustments it seems, and I was shocked to see them leaving Bell all alone again in the second half. And they got more Jared Allen havoc and turnovers again in the second half because of it.

What is up with that?

Maybe that's what Gailey meant when he said he learned something about his team today...that Bell just cannot get the job done by himself. I haven't been impressed with Bell's footwork when I have had the binoc's on him. Lunges and bites all too often on inside moves, over and over and cannot recover in time.

First part....not sure. Apologies to the bringer of cable. ?Dazed from the game maybe....but CL was talking about Moats (based on avatar) when i viewed it....unless I'm really, really dazed.

When I first read the thread, her avatar said "Fitzmagic." It now says "Moats." Maybe she's been changing it or it changes by itself. I don't know but neither was wrong.

Their uniforms were freaking ugly. :sick:

Its whats IN (or not covered by) the uniform that counts lady! :)

some other bright spots:

1. spiller got some nice runs yup, a couple

2. David Nelson got his first TD in garbage time, but always nice to see a first TD

3. Our defense got some picks very true

4. We tied them in the 2nd half. (why can't we ever do anything in the first half on offense, or defense for that matter?) because they did what I was shocked the Steelers didn't do. More interested in running out the clock and winning than running up the score.

Maybe that's what Gailey meant when he said he learned something about his team today...that Bell just cannot get the job done by himself. I haven't been impressed with Bell's footwork when I have had the binoc's on him. Lunges and bites all too often on inside moves, over and over and cannot recover in time.

Agreed, Steve, on the footwork. It's getting better, but it still needs a lot of work. He's also not very strong and can get driven straight back to the QB. For a 7th rounder who has played so little organized football in his life and who has missed a lot of time with injuries, he has come a long way. But, he's still a liability out there as the better DEs can beat him anyway they want really. The saddest thing is that it is completely true that he isn't the worst OL starting for this team.

Given the context of Gailey's comment, perhaps it is dawning on him that not addressing the OL with anything more than Cornell Green and counting on some badly injured players to bounce right back even while missing big chucks of practice time wasn't the best plan.

If by All-Pro you mean below average running back who gets 1 yard TD runs but otherwise averages 3. something yards per carry game in and game out, then yes, he looks like an all-pro

I was watching the game, and he had some nice runs. When I wrote "today", I didn't mean for the season. And, in the spirit of the thread, I was focusing on good plays. :P

I was watching the game, and he had some nice runs. When I wrote "today", I didn't mean for the season. And, in the spirit of the thread, I was focusing on good plays. :P

I was at the game and he indeed did have some nice runs. If you can get him a little bit of hole, he's hard to bring down. He got some holes yesterday. Hopefully more to come this week vs 49ers.

<------------------------------------------------------------- this

:wub:

man since preseason, i have liked this guy. wish they played him a lot more.

Agreed. I was thinking throughout the game... how much I hoped Favre would come back into the game. Only with the Bills is knocking the starting QB out of the game a bad thing. That's the kind of season we're having.

this is true and pathetic.

actually i have been watching both bills games and all seattle games. only 1 game he played horribly. fumbled twice. thats like a stevie drop when your offense is struggling. i blame that loss entirely on lynch like i blame the loss to pitt on stevie.

in all fairness though, seattle has receiver and play calling issues. receivers are injured or just barely average. the PLAY CALLING has been horrible too. meaning TOO PREDICTABLE. on 1st and 2nd down they would hand to lynch and the opposing team would put 10 in the box.

ps. they like using lynch for that tough yard. and it works. not anyone can be that "tough yard" "power back"

just handing out info to all lynch supporters.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl