Power Rankings

McD

I saw Adam Caplans NEW Power Rankings after week 12. The Bills actually dropped a spot after "losing" to the Steelers. I find that kind of a slap in the face even though I don't really care about the power rankings. Meanwhile the Fish moved up 5 spots after beating the Raiders... to me there is no way there could be that kind of disparity, but I think he really just looks at the teams' overall record. I sent Caplan an email asking him to explain how his rankings were made, and that I was growing tired of reporters that don't really do much analysis... hell my 9 year old could do just as good a job at doing the actual Power Ranking, and he would be more accurate because he'd at least be able to back up what he says because he actually watches the games... Anywho... here's the link.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

:thumbdown:

I saw Adam Caplans NEW Power Rankings after week 12. The Bills actually dropped a spot after "losing" to the Steelers. I find that kind of a slap in the face even though I don't really care about the power rankings. Meanwhile the Fish moved up 5 spots after beating the Raiders... to me there is no way there could be that kind of disparity, but I think he really just looks at the teams' overall record. I sent Caplan an email asking him to explain how his rankings were made, and that I was growing tired of reporters that don't really do much analysis... hell my 9 year old could do just as good a job at doing the actual Power Ranking, and he would be more accurate because he'd at least be able to back up what he says because he actually watches the games... Anywho... here's the link.

You can tell this guy makes it up as he goes "That was a brutal loss to the visiting Steelers last week, but the Bills are much more competitive this season than most thought was possible. While their defense surprisingly played well against Pittsburgh, they lack enough talent on that side of the ball to be competitive in most games."

Is it me or does this statement contradict itself? Plus, look at every game since the bye. Bills are competitive in all of them.

Where do you think the Bills go with a victory this weekend over the #23 Vikes?

Where do you think the Bills go with a victory this weekend over the #23 Vikes?

Well, if we are considering Caplan's Rankings, I bet the Bills go back to #32 with a win over the Vikes.

How does Arizona go up two places after that HORRIBLE performance last night?

Thats a good question. He must think that 27-6 win by the 49ers is actually a win for the cards, considering he has the 49ers going down a spot. Does this guy get paid?

My favorite part is: "While their defense played surprisingly well against the Steelers, they lack enough talent on that side of the ball to be competitive in most games."

Hello...the last 6 games they have lost in OT 3 times by 3 points to Division leaders and had above average chances to win all 3(2 on the road no less), lost to another division leader by 3 points due to missing an extra point, or else likely would have went into OT tied at 21 and have won the other 2 games. WTF is this guy watching the past 6 weeks saying we are not competitive in most games? I am pretty sure we have been more competitive that many other teams during this time period, especially considering the strength of our opponents faced(other than DET and CIN)

Edited by matter2003

This guy is a bozo. He moves AZ up two spots after smelling like fresh horse turds at home. He drops SF after smashing AZ and then says that SF can't compete in the NFC West without Gore, didn't he just watch Westbrook eat up AZ on the road. Gore is good but no loss with Westbrook in there. The UB Bulls could compete in NFC West. The Bills are better than all four of those slug teams.