In my book it's official - the Bills are on the rise

I started to suspect after last week that maybe Chan finally knows what he has and is developing the offense properly. In their two wins, they have showed great competitiveness and grit. Even defensively, they seem to have made solid halftime adjustments recently (over the last 3 weeks).

Now today, they clearly played very competitively with one of the top 5-8 teams in the league. While I am frustrated with Stevie "Hollywood" Johnson's terrible showing today, looking big picture, I'm encouraged. It is clear that we will be other teams' worst nightmare over the remainder of the year.

We have come off the bottom and are on the rise. Just a bit of consolation I thought I'd share.

Some of the posters on this board have very short (i.e. convenient?) memories. We usually get our heads knocked off by the Steelers. For us to come back from 13-0 and punch them right in the mouth, I'm proud of them. We're the least talented team in the league, remember? :unsure:

Yeah, Stevie had a bad game...get over it. As someone else pointed out, in April we'll probably be glad he dropped the damn pass. But anyway, I agree with you. I need to go back and watch the game in it's entirety, but from what I saw I was proud of them for their efforts today.

I too a, pleased with the showing. But this team has been "close" for too many years. It won't turn the corner until it finds some leaders in the locker room who refuse to lose and hold their teammates accountable. Great teams have those players, we don't yet.

You're exactly right, coach...but I honestly try really hard to not pin the mistakes of the past on this new regime. I know we have some holdover players, but I think Gailey and Co deserve the chance to establish a new culture on this team, which is a big reason I think it's asinine for some to assert that we should intentionally lose games or whatever. But from a fan's standpoint, I'm with you brother...it's been too damn long since we had a team with strong leadership and discipline. But I feel good about how things are going.

My pre-season thoughts were that I just wanted to see them improve over the season. They are. It still doesn't make this lose any easier. I hate the Steelers and their jerk-off fans. Watching that pass soar to a wide open SJ was elation, then absolute disbelief he dropped it. Again, Stevie is far from the only reason we didn't win, but you just cannot drop that ball and call yourself an NFL receiver. SJ and Fitz are kind of in the same mold. They play their hearts out but are good for a pick or a drop a game. And they come at the worst possible times.

One step forward, two steps back. That's your Buffalo Bills. There is no silver lining in this loss. It hurts and it's demoralizing to a team that needs to shed itself of being a perennial loser.

One step forward, two steps back. That's your Buffalo Bills. There is no silver lining in this loss. It hurts and it's demoralizing to a team that needs to shed itself of being a perennial loser.

In this particular case it was W W L. 2 steps forward and 1 step back. This team knows they had the Steeler's backs against the wall and will be the spoilers for the upcoming playoff season.