Bob Kraft, you might not like him

interesting article on how Bob Kraft parlayed a lease on the old Foxboro parking lots into owning the Pats, etc.

In 1985, the Patriots and their stadium were owned by a businessman and promoter named Billy Sullivan who was beginning to struggle financially. At that time, an option to buy the 300 acres of parking lots outside the stadium was offered by the group of businessmen who owned them. Kraft, who operated a packing-supply business and long harbored a desire to own the Patriots, saw his chance. If he could get control of the parking lots, then maybe he could find a way to control the stadium. And if he could be in charge of both the lots and the stadium, then maybe he could get the team, too.

interesting article on how Bob Kraft parlayed a lease on the old Foxboro parking lots into owning the Pats, etc.

First of all, where the *astrisks*??? I believe TSW-protocol demands an asterisk at any mention of the Foxboro* Cheatriettes*!

Second, while I hated Billy* Sullivan*, his* son* Pat*, old Sullivan* Stadium*, and those* parking* lots*, I absolutely revile Bob* Kraft* and his* iteration* of a once-respected Buffalo AFL/AFC rival.

Third, Ralph Wilson is an even sharper businessman - Kraft* paid $10M in rent and then $18M to buy the lots*, another $25M for the stadium*, and $172M for the team* - Ralph parlayed a $25K investment into a $900M asset and got a free stadium while doing it!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Why so SERIOUS????? :w00t:

One of my favorite sports moments of all time is Matt Millen decking snot-nosed Paddy* Sullivan* in the '85 playoffs...

post-2970-035030600 1290694664_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Anyone who has ever parked in a stadium lot at Foxboro has to know if they're not the worst, they're pretty darn close to the worst. How many other stadiums have parking lots that are so bad getting out of that the private lots surrounding the stadium get to charge more than the team's lots? After getting stuck deep in the lot a couple of times, even when I arrived early hoping to avoid it & they still sent me to the back of the lot, I will never park in a Gillette Stadium lot again.

If he was really that smart, he'd have figured out a way to make it so that parking in the stadium lot at least as valuable as parking in a private lot. The fact that the market dictates that the private ones can charge more indicates he's doing something wrong when it comes to parking at Gillette Stadium.

First of all, where the *astrisks*??? I believe TSW-protocol demands an asterisk at any mention of the Foxboro* Cheatriettes*!

Second, while I hated Billy* Sullivan*, his* son* Pat*, old Sullivan* Stadium*, and those* parking* lots*, I absolutely revile Bob* Kraft* and his* iteration* of a once-respected Buffalo AFL/AFC rival.

Third, Ralph Wilson is an even sharper businessman - Kraft* paid $10M in rent and then $18M to buy the lots*, another $25M for the stadium*, and $172M for the team* - Ralph parlayed a $25K investment into a $900M asset and got a free stadium while doing it!!! B-)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Why so SERIOUS????? :w00t:

One of my favorite sports moments of all time is Matt Millen decking snot-nosed Paddy* Sullivan* in the '85 playoffs...

What owner paid for the original stadium for his/her team?