Happy National Opt-out Day!

Just Jack

This might be the dumbest protest ever "planned". Not because of the cause, but the only people who are advocating it were those that did NOT have to travel. No one that has to get anywhere is going to take any longer than they need to.

My mom flew in from Buffalo to Atlanta yesterday. There werent even enough people at the Buffalo airport to cause a delay, and no one in the Atlanta airport was dumb enough to try to hold up 1000 other people.

If a group really wants to protest this, then they need to blow $200 on their own tickets for a flight they dont plan on making, and mess it up themselves. Again, I cant see anyone who has an actual trip to go on protesting.

This might be the dumbest protest ever "planned". Not because of the cause, but the only people who are advocating it were those that did NOT have to travel. No one that has to get anywhere is going to take any longer than they need to.

My mom flew in from Buffalo to Atlanta yesterday. There werent even enough people at the Buffalo airport to cause a delay, and no one in the Atlanta airport was dumb enough to try to hold up 1000 other people.

If a group really wants to protest this, then they need to blow $200 on their own tickets for a flight they dont plan on making, and mess it up themselves. Again, I cant see anyone who has an actual trip to go on protesting.

Hey, DrDankenstein I think you need to edit your post, oh wait never mind. I see you are going to in 30 seconds...

Personally I'd rather be scanned than patted.

Here's what not wear at the airport.

Here's an article about the Syracuse airport and lack of protests.

Don't want to go through a body scan, pat down, or X-ray machine before boarding a flight? Then !@#$ing drive. Everyone is so concerned about their "personal privacy" until planes start flying into buildings containing US citizens. Funny how "never forget" means 9 years. Flying is a privilege, not a right.

Don't want to go through a body scan, pat down, or X-ray machine before boarding a flight? Then !@#$ing drive. Everyone is so concerned about their "personal privacy" until planes start flying into buildings containing US citizens. Funny how "never forget" means 9 years. Flying is a privilege, not a right.

My feelings exactly. I had to go through the scanners last Friday and will again on Saturday and I have no problem with them. They take literally 10 seconds to scan, about a minute or so after to clear you then you are done. I honestly don't understand the outrage.

AMEN.

These scanners amount to nothing more than security theater - they would not have stopped the underwear bomber because TSA themselves admit that they blur the genital and facial areas on the scan. Don't believe me? Then perhaps you should read Bruce Schneier's blog on the matter:

http://www.schneier.com/

Of course, the scanners also don't detect explosives hidden in body cavities. Should we search body cavities too while we're at it? We all want to be "safe", don't we?

The health issue is another area of concern. The MMW machines are safe - but the backscatter machines use cancer-causing ionizing radiation focused at the skin. The amount itself is indeed less than 2 minutes worth of flying - TSA has that correct. However, that radiation is absorbed by the entire body rather than just the skin, which is what happens during a scan. The effects of the backscatter machines with respect to skin cancer are widely unknown at this point and we're supposed to take the government's word that everything is a-ok. I'm sorry - but I just don't have that amount of blind faith in them.

So ignoring the fact that they are unable to detect explosives in the genital area, or inside body cavities, or if they are folded along the contours of the skin, why doesn't the federal government just use the millimeter wave machines given that they have no health controversy? Because former DHS-head Michael Chertoff's company, Rapiscan, manufactures the backscatter machines. I'll let you add 2 and 2 together here.

The chances of another 9/11-style attack are extremely remote in this country given that the cockpit doors are now reinforced with steel and locked. That right there is the biggest improvement to aviation security. These moronic body scanners don't do anything except waste stimulus funds - if you're a terrorist and want to blow up a plane, it's a hell of a lot easier to do it with cargo rather than carrying it on your person.

ah-HA!!! I KNEW you were a robot!