Bills will not pick in the top 5

RyanW2279

The Bills will finish with 5 wins this year which will likely knock them out of the top 5; wins over Cleveland, Miami, and New York(maybe even Minnesota). Detroit, Carolina, Cleveland, Arizona, Minnesota, Cinncinati, and Dallas will all finish in the 2-5 win area. The Panthers and Cardinals will definetly be looking for a QB yearly in the draft along with the 49ers, Raiders, Seahawks and maybe even the Bengals each posibly trading up. With that said, and knowing the Bills history of rarely trading up on draft day, what are the odds of getting a QB? I see them sticking with a stable Fitzpatrick and looking to go D with someone like Quinn.

The Bills will finish with 5 wins this year which will likely knock them out of the top 5; wins over Cleveland, Miami, and New York(maybe even Minnesota). Detroit, Carolina, Cleveland, Arizona, Minnesota, Cinncinati, and Dallas will all finish in the 2-5 win area. The Panthers and Cardinals will definetly be looking for a QB yearly in the draft along with the 49ers, Raiders, Seahawks and maybe even the Bengals each posibly trading up. With that said, and knowing the Bills history of rarely trading up on draft day, what are the odds of getting a QB? I see them sticking with a stable Fitzpatrick and looking to go D with someone like Quinn.

It is too early. The bills have winnable games against Clevland, Miami and Minnesota and tough games against Pittsburgh, Jets and New England who are all either 8-2 or 7-3. Can they win those three games...possible.

It is too early. The bills have winnable games against Clevland, Miami and Minnesota and tough games against Pittsburgh, Jets and New England who are all either 8-2 or 7-3. Can they win those three games...possible.

The only reason I say the Jets is they very well could have things locked up come week 17

The only reason I say the Jets is they very well could have things locked up come week 17

I doubt it. The Pats and Jets are going to go down to the wire to get the AFC East title and I doubt either of the team will be laying low in week 17.

It is too early. The bills have winnable games against Cleveland, Miami and Minnesota and tough games against Pittsburgh, Jets and New England who are all either 8-2 or 7-3. Can they win those three games...possible.

We jumped off to an early lead against NE* back in September and had a shot at beating them* then. (We had 'em* beat last season, until McKelvin's last-minute fumble.) The Jets barely squeaked one out against 4-6 Houston yesterday, and Pittsburgh's coming into our house on Thanksgiving weekend - Chan's gonna want to beat his old team, and the players are gonna want that for him.

I'd say the Bills could very well finish 8-8 and end up with a mid-round draft position.

(Maybe Gabe Carimi in round 1, and Dontay Moch in round 2 ???)

Edited by The Senator

I think developing a team wide winning attitude is FAR more important than getting the numberone overall pick. Anyway I think our critical needs are going to be offensive line, defensive line and linebacker and no matter how you cut it we should get the best player in the nation at ONE of those positions with our first pick. If we do get one or two and Luck or Mallet is available, I guess we might either take them or trade to get more choices.

No luck for Bills … … at least this week as Buffalo rallied from down 21 points in Cincinnati to beat the Bengals 49-31 to improve their record to 2-8. Meanwhile, injury-riddled Carolina at least gave Baltimore a game early, but ultimately lost 37-13 to the Ravens and dropped to 1-9. As a result, Carolina would have the #1 pick were the 2011 draft held today, while Buffalo, which has been sitting on the top pick much of the season, would actually only have the 4th pick as of today. In fact, were the draft held today, Cincinnati would pick second, while Detroit would have the 3rd selection. At the same time, Arizona would round out the top 5. As usual, the full, updated first-round selection order will be posted after Monday night’s game.

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

I think developing a team wide winning attitude is FAR more important than getting the numberone overall pick. Anyway I think our critical needs are going to be offensive line, defensive line and linebacker and no matter how you cut it we should get the best player in the nation at ONE of those positions with our first pick. If we do get one or two and Luck or Mallet is available, I guess we might either take them or trade to get more choices.

Yep. Developing a winning attitude and the team believing in themselves is huge at this point. I can't even believe so-called "fans" want the Bills to lose so they get the top draft choice. Want a stupid mentality! It's not as if garnering that top pick is guaranteed to pay off with the next Brett Favre or Tom Brady and a superbowl trophy.

And what the short-sighted nitwits wanting the top choice for a QB are missing is that it isn't even the first position that needs to be addressed in the draft for the Bills! Ryan Fitzpatrick is far from being the weak link on this team. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have a top tier QB, but there are more important issues, and the odds of a QB coming off the draft board and playing lights out pro bowl level are slim to none.

Put it this way: if the Bills draft that superstar QB, assuming it take until year 3 to really be up to snuff (and fill the numerous other voids), we're looking at January 2015 (playoff time) before it would pay off any dividends.

If you had a house that was falling apart from termite infestation and a limited budget for upkeep and repairs, you don't go out and contract new granite countertops for the kitchen 'cause it will impress the in-laws.

Maybe it's not the sexy choice, but the Bills need some premier talent in their front 7 to stop the running game and pressure opposing QBs. Anyone who can't see this is blind and doesn't really understand pro football.

Edited by DML2005

Yep. Developing a winning attitude and the team believing in themselves is huge at this point. I can't even believe so-called "fans" want the Bills to lose so they get the top draft choice. Want a stupid mentality! It's not as if garnering that top pick is guaranteed to pay off with the next Brett Favre or Tom Brady and a superbowl trophy.

And what the short-sighted nitwits wanting the top choice for a QB are missing is that it isn't even the first position that needs to be addressed in the draft for the Bills! Ryan Fitzpatrick is far from being the weak link on this team. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have a top tier QB, but there are more important issues, and the odds of a QB coming off the draft board and playing lights out pro bowl level are slim to none.

Put it this way: if the Bills draft that superstar QB, assuming it take until year 3 to really be up to snuff (and fill the numerous other voids), we're looking at January 2015 (playoff time) before it would pay off any dividends.

If you had a house that was falling apart from termite infestation and a limited budget for upkeep and repairs, you don't go out and contract new granite countertops for the kitchen 'cause it will impress the in-laws.

Maybe it's not the sexy choice, but the Bills need some premier talent in their front 7 to stop the running game and pressure opposing QBs. Anyone who can't see this is blind and doesn't really understand pro football.

Yes

Yes

Yes and Yes!

If anyone reading this doesn't understand what I highlighted above, they need to have their football fan card revoked!

I still think we should draft a 1st round QB. Im just afraid Fitzy may pull a Derek Anderson on us. Id bet people in Cleveland thought their QB woes were gone a few years back. At the worst, It creates competition, which will improve QB play as a whole. At best, you get the "Franchise" QB we havent had since Jimbo. Fitzy is playing very very well right now, so take out an insurance policy on him. That way the Rook can sit and develop. We are in the best position weve been in in years to draft a 1st rd QB, cause he wont be thrown to the wolves.

Hopefully we finish 8-8, grab Mallett or Locker, and let him sit behind Fitz. :thumbsup:

i think it would do great things to get a couple wins and move out of the top five. except for this past draft there really hasn't been a def player taken in the top five in recent history that has lived up to that hype in the nfl. peppers could be one and the jury is still out on tyson jackson and curry is playing average. the def rookies of the year have been picked in the mid to late 1st round so I think picking a nice OLB around ten.

i think it would do great things to get a couple wins and move out of the top five. except for this past draft there really hasn't been a def player taken in the top five in recent history that has lived up to that hype in the nfl. peppers could be one and the jury is still out on tyson jackson and curry is playing average. the def rookies of the year have been picked in the mid to late 1st round so I think picking a nice OLB around ten.

If you must think about the draft, start thinking...

Gabe Carimi in round 1

Dontay Moch in round 2

But please also keep thinking

Just WIN baby!!! B-)

I doubt it. The Pats and Jets are going to go down to the wire to get the AFC East title and I doubt either of the team will be laying low in week 17.

If the Jets stay hot, we might be able to earn two wins for the price of one in December - beat the Pats, thus giving the Jets the division crown, and then we can destroy the Jets' backups in week 17.