Not being talked about but very important

I don't know how you are not trumpeting perhaps the biggest reasons the Bills have been terrible this decade:

1.) improved rate of conversion on 3rd and 4th down (we are actually sustaining drives)

2.) Red zone efficiency (we are actually scoring TD's, not FG's.

and

3.) improved 3rd down defense (ok, not perfect, but improving)

I've been blown away that we are finally driving the ball down the field and scoring, at this point I could care less what our record is. I grew so tired of hearing excuse after excuse why Losman threw another INT, or Bledsoe fumbled the ball on the goal line which- had we scored would have tied the game- but since we didn't the PAtriots recovered and ran the length of the field for a TD of their own, or McGahee is a sissy, or missed kicks, etc, etc, etc.

We are finally good at something offensively other than making excuses.

Not seeing the false start and offsides penalties this year as in the past......game management has also improved

Thats in the coaching area folks

Just highlights how god awful and amateur our previous head coach was. April and Fewell are sharp guys, and they suffered under Jauron.

I've noticed. It's huge. Also the fewer injuries is big too. And like the other person said, the third down conversion improvement has been huge. Last year when it was third long you knew the next play was going to be a punt. Not now. Fitz (and the receivers)is a maniac on 3rd and long.

Not seeing the false start and offsides penalties this year as in the past......game management has also improved

Thats in the coaching area folks

Big improvement areas -

1.) pre-snap penalties

2.) season ending injuries

3.) 3rd down conversions

4.) red zone success

New areas of weakness -

1.) generating very few turnovers

2.) horrible red zone D

3.) this is unofficial but i see a LOT more PI calls on our defense I feel like (florence esp)

4.) worse pass rush (stating the obvious afet losing schobel)

I will maintain the best course for this team is to win enough to pick in the 6-10 range come draft time and get the best LB, RT or pass rushing DE out there. Pass covering LB is still our biggest need as again indicated by a TE having a great game (Gresham). if we pick in the 3-5 range, I'd fully expect Nix to trade down for a few reasons: 1.) salary - we aren't paying top dollar for a questionable talent (unless its Luck) 2.) he has said repeatedly the key to turning around SD was the Manning/Rivers trade 3.) he has a bone for acquiring draft pics

side note - expect to see a guy like Ellison net us a late round pick this offseason to a team like the lions, much like the Ko Simpson trade.

sorry haven't postd in awhile