Donte Whitner and Leodis McKelvin

Buftex

Whitner, Poz, and Kelsay all look more comfortable in the new defense than they did in the first half of the season.

You know, since he signed his extension, he is actually looking the best I have seen him since he became a Bill.

I have bashed Kelsay for a couple of years now, and lauded the new front office for extending Kelsay basically because he's a good guy. Kelsay has been making plays and disrupting offensive plays- and I'm not talking about his 2 sacks today.

He looks like a better player the past few weeks. HE's showing the most hustle I have seen out of him since he was drafted.

Heck, if he keeps it up, I might even start to think he is worth the money he's getting and insert my foot into mouth on this one.

Pleasant surprise.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He leads the team in tackles because the Bills lead the league in allowing running backs to get to the third level without being touched, and the backs pretty much run right into our strong safety about 6-8 times a game. He played well last week and ok today. He doesn't have an interception, forced fumble, sack, or any other big play for that matter. Tight ends were scoring a touchdown a game against him for the first half of the season. But hey, he made a nice hit on a receiver today and batted a ball down last week. I guess that constitutes a good season around here.

Translation: I checked my Fantasy Football page for the latest stat leaders and didn't see Whitner mentioned; therefore, he sucks.

Translation: I checked my Fantasy Football page for the latest stat leaders and didn't see Whitner mentioned; therefore, he sucks.

Or....... I have watched every Bills game for the last bunch of years (multiple times) and SEE that he sucks.

He leads the team in tackles because the Bills lead the league in allowing running backs to get to the third level without being touched, and the backs pretty much run right into our strong safety about 6-8 times a game. He played well last week and ok today. He doesn't have an interception, forced fumble, sack, or any other big play for that matter. Tight ends were scoring a touchdown a game against him for the first half of the season. But hey, he made a nice hit on a receiver today and batted a ball down last week. I guess that constitutes a good season around here.

+ 1

IMO, Whitner is a below average play/DB on a terrible defense. He played OK against the

Lions and the Bengals?

I'm no fan of McLuvin either.

Eh...I didn't say either guy played a masterful game, but I think their willingness to go toe to toe with TO, jawing off at him, giving him what he was giving them, kind of kept the defense, and consequently, the team, in the game. They didn't fold their tents...neither did the team.

As bad as the defense has been this year, if you are watching objectively, they have improved some, over the last few weeks...they still give up too many yards, but the pass rush has shown from time to time, they have made some big stops to keep the teams chances alive, and today, actually got some turnovers...this team is a work in progress...but there has been progress.

How old are you?

Why? What does my age have to do wit anything? How old are u?

How young are you?

Why? What does my age have to do with anything? How old are you?

Seriously?

The Bengals completed ONE pass on McKelvin today and you're going to yell about him getting "BURNT" and not being consistent enough.

The most dynamic WR tandem in the NFL combined for 6 catches for less than 100 yards and you're going to yell about how Whitner can't cover anybody.

And the Bills didn't put anybody on anybody. Florence played the entire game at RCB. And except for a couple series midgame where McGee spelled him, McKelvin played the entire game at LCB.

I wonder if maybe we should add something to the Terms of Service stating you can be removed for egregious stupidity.

Ok Simon! I guess you're right! Never looked at it that way! One thing I can tell you, I'm very versitile! So I can look at your way! But I ask you, do you think he is inconsistent?

Please, please, please! That would take care of quite a few nimrods on The Wall.

Well, like I told simon I'm versatile! But why would I be a nimrod if I'm stating my opinion? Isn't that what you do, state your opinion! Look man, don't call anyone out of there name! It is not needed! If you think there wrong tell them that! But don't call anyone out there name!

E

Seriously?

The Bengals completed ONE pass on McKelvin today and you're going to yell about him getting "BURNT" and not being consistent enough.

The most dynamic WR tandem in the NFL combined for 6 catches for less than 100 yards and you're going to yell about how Whitner can't cover anybody.

And the Bills didn't put anybody on anybody. Florence played the entire game at RCB. And except for a couple series midgame where McGee spelled him, McKelvin played the entire game at LCB.

I wonder if maybe we should add something to the Terms of Service stating you can be removed for egregious stupidity.

and even if you think I'm stupid because of my comments, that's ok! I'm smart at a lot of other things and I can show you better tham I can tell you!

Why? What does my age have to do with anything? How old are you?

Ok Simon! I guess you're right! Never looked at it that way! One thing I can tell you, I'm very versitile! So I can look at your way! But I ask you, do you think he is inconsistent?

Well, like I told simon I'm versatile! But why would I be a nimrod if I'm stating my opinion? Isn't that what you do, state your opinion! Look man, don't call anyone out of there name! It is not needed! If you think there wrong tell them that! But don't call anyone out there name!

E

and even if you think I'm stupid because of my comments, that's ok! I'm smart at a lot of other things and I can show you better tham I can tell you!

You are definitely one of the top 10 smartest men named 'Q-Dawg' I have ever met.

Let me guess... you're one of those extra insightful football guys who can see all the wonderful things lil Dante does that don't show up on the stat sheet. Like the way he tweets.

Seriously?

Well Simon, that would be a long overdue first step. I wonder if some of these in-your-face posters treat people as crudely and rudely to a persons face or are the just brave on the Internet.

oh my favorite.... Tight ends do well against our D and its automatically the SS's fault... you have no idea what coverages are called let alone the reads.... if you want to bash donte at least do it with fact and not opinion

He had a forced fumble today. He is decent and had a few good games this year (and a couple not so good although I d think he has been getting more used to the new D) but when you have an invisible group of LBs (excepting Poz) the safeties are all there is left.

I am more concerned with Byrd, he has really regressed in all areas :blink:

Can you evaluate a DB when you never have a pass rush???? When we do have a pass rush its because we blitz which takes a player out of coverage. I have seen Leodis play great, I have seen Leodis blow coverages, today he got beat by Terrell Owens which happens to most all DBs in the NFL, he is one of the best WRs to ever play the game (like it or not). No Donte has not lived up to his #8 pick but he is a pretty good persuit safety, he makes alot of tackles down field because he is a safety and thats where they make tackles. If your safety is leading your team in tackles it usually means you have a bad defense which we do.