Bruce Carter

Magox

There is no doubt in my mind that this guy will be an amazing probowl LB.

I know it would be too early to draft him as a top 5 draft pick by many draft "experts", but this guy is the real deal.

1. Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina Tar Heels

This defense is overflowing with freaks (Mel Kiper thinks so too), but it's Carter -- a three-year starter at OLB who has led the nation with five blocked kicks -- who merits top freak status this year. He's part of the country's fastest linebacking corps. Carter's workout numbers are every bit as impressive as his football stats. He has set UNC linebacker records in the power clear (374) and the vertical jump (40.5 inches). The 238-pounder has also been clocked at 4.39 in the 40 and bench-presses 440. Asked which of the testing numbers he's most proud of, Carter says it's his power clean, which is tied for tops on the team with DE Robert Quinn and Zach Pianalto. "It measures the explosiveness the most," said the former high school quarterback. =

He's a playmaker, pure and simple. I've seen him chase down plays that a LB shouldn't be able to make. His natural position would be the LB spot that Kelsay currently holds. He is 6'3 240, fast as hell, great football instincts and would be able to cover TE's for us. Oh and he is stout against the run.

The fans over at Chapel Hill chant his name BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE every time he makes a play, I'd love to hear his name chanted by the Bills faithful at Orchard Park on Sundays.

Here's to hoping :beer:

There is no doubt in my mind that this guy will be an amazing probowl LB.

I know it would be too early to draft him as a top 5 draft pick by many draft "experts", but this guy is the real deal.

He's a playmaker, pure and simple. I've seen him chase down plays that a LB shouldn't be able to make. His natural position would be the LB spot that Kelsay currently holds. He is 6'3 240, fast as hell, great football instincts and would be able to cover TE's for us. Oh and he is stout against the run.

The fans over at Chapel Hill chant his name BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE every time he makes a play, I'd love to hear his name chanted by the Bills faithful at Orchard Park on Sundays.

Here's to hoping :beer:

He is pretty tiny.

Even London Fletcher was like 250 and he was under 6'

6'3" 235 is a feather weight.

If you think Maybin gets pancaked when he very rarely got PT. A Offensive Tackle can curl this guy. I don't know how this guy would make it in the NFL. He would have to add about 20-30 pounds of lean muscle.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

He is pretty tiny.

If you think Maybin gets pancaked when he very rarely got PT. A Offensive Tackle can curl this guy. I don't know how this guy would make it in the NFL. He would have to add about 20-30 pounds of lean muscle.

He's not tiny. Have you seen him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPeEI-BEXCY

He's got the history of production Nix likes too.

Edited by purple haze

He's not tiny. Have you seen him?

youtube.com/watch?v=zPeEI-BEXCY

He's got the history of production Nix likes too.

Sorry 6'3" 235 is undersized for an NFL OLB.

Maybe he can play inside.

That video is accurate because if he makes an NFL roster Special Teams are where he can contribute.

He is pretty tiny.

Nah. 15 pounds would put him on par with a guy like Matthews or Fujita. Jayson Taylor is "scrawny" at 6'6" 255, right?

Sorry 6'3" 235 is undersized for an NFL OLB.

Maybe he can play inside.

That video is accurate because if he makes an NFL roster Special Teams are where he can contribute.

He's not tiny. He's 6'3 240 and he plays larger than his size. I'm a Tarheel fan and I have watched him play every week for the past two years. He manhandles anyone in his way, and when you combine his speed, instincts and athleticism it just makes him a special football player. By the time he steps on the football field on Sundays in the NFL, he'll be 245-250.

You want to see what kind of crazy ups he has, check this out.Btw, look at those Thighs, they look like Tree Trunks.

I'm gonna say it right now, barring injury he'll be one of the best weak side LB in the pros within a few years.

Yup, he's tiny.

Edited by Magox

Nah. 15 pounds would put him on par with a guy like Matthews or Fujita. Jayson Taylor is "scrawny" at 6'6" 255, right?

15 is the bare minimum. Thats a lot, he is a senior, if he could put on the weight he would have already.

Clay Mathews III 6'3" 255 and he doesn't look like monstrous, but he plays monstrous.

You but a 6'3" 235 pound guy out there at OLB, and he'll be playing on his back for most of the game.

not before the 4th round with that size and even then i could see him slimming down and playing safety... he already looks slim and if he is listed at 235 you know he's about 225. he'd play the run well and could go toe to toe with a te

Wrong

You but a 6'3" 235 pound guy out there at OLB, and he'll be playing on his back for most of the game.

He won't

He's not tiny. He's 6'3 240 and he plays larger than his size. I'm a Tarheel fan and I have watched him play every week for the past two years. He manhandles anyone in his way, and when you combine his speed, instincts and athleticism it just makes him a special football player. By the time he steps on the football field on Sundays in the NFL, he'll be 245-250.

You want to see what kind of crazy ups he has, check this out.Btw, look at those Thighs, they look like Tree Trunks.

I'm gonna say it right now, barring injury he'll be one of the best weak side LB in the pros within a few years.

Yup, he's tiny.

You'd know more than me. I haven't watched NC Football much. I prefer ACC Basketball.

I'm just looking at the tape measure. On the NC site he is listed at 6'3" 235 http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/carter_bruce01.html

I wish the dude all the best but you should send him some Omaha Steaks the guy needs to EAT!

I thought they had good BBQ done there in Carolina, EAT!

You'd know more than me. I haven't watched NC Football much. I prefer ACC Basketball.

I'm just looking at the tape measure.

I wish the dude all the best but you should send him some Omaha Steaks the guy needs to EAT!

I thought they had good BBQ done there in Carolina, EAT!

Oh he eats,

from that same article:

Perhaps the biggest freak quality of all about Carter goes back to this: We got to talking about his eating habits when I interviewed him.

"How strict are you about diet?" I asked.

"Well, not very. I eat a lot of McDonald's and fast foods, but I do work out real hard."

"Like how much McDonald's?"

"Almost every day. I usually get three double cheeseburgers, medium fries, large tea and a six-piece McNuggets. I don't think eating healthy as far as eating salads and that stuff really works for me."

Apparently that McFeast does, though.

Oh he eats,

from that same article:

That IS quite a McFeast. More evidence that McDonalds "food" content is questionable.

http://www.bypassfanpages.com/2010/06/eewww-look-at-this-mcdonalds-burger-left-for-two-weeks-disgusting/

Go get some BBQ brisket he'll get right up to 250 in no time.

Who the F cares what he weighs. P Willis isnt much over 240. Spikes was never much over 240. L. Timmons is smaller.

Just because Maybin sucks and happens to be a tiny little biitch doesnt mean this guy isnt good because he is a true 240.

Dude can play - its too bad we dont have 5 first round picks so we could get all these guys.

Who the F cares what he weighs. P Willis isnt much over 240. Spikes was never much over 240. L. Timmons is smaller.

Just because Maybin sucks and happens to be a tiny little biitch doesnt mean this guy isnt good because he is a true 240.

Dude can play - its too bad we dont have 5 first round picks so we could get all these guys.

Do you ever read your posts?

Size and weight matter a whole in the NFL.

Timmons and Willis play inside.

Maybin is listed at 250 in real life is probably 240.

He plays a lot larger than the 238 listing. If you look at his body, he looks thick and when you see him take on blockers he doesn't get pushed around. The proof is in the pudding, not just in his play, but he's also the strongest weight lifter on the team. He is one of those rare football players that has freak like speed and strength. I mean come on, he runs a 4.39 forty with a natural ability to always be around the ball.

A year and a half ago I created a thread about Hakeem Nicks from Chapel Hill and I went on to boast how he would be the best wide receiver in that years draft. Everyone thought that Darrius Heyward-Bey and Crabtree were going to be the best and I was sure that Nicks was going to be the better WR and look at them today. I'm telling you right now, Carter isn't "tiny" and he'll be the best weak side LB coming out of this years draft, and it won't even be close. He'll be in the ProBowl within 2 years.