Steve Johnson on Jim Rome

Great interview. Rome called him the best-kept secret in the NFL, but no longer.

Asked him to freestyle on the spot and Stevie threw it down.

Wants to give him a correspondent piece. Rome - "The only guy in history to get a correspondent invite on a 1-7 team."

Always good to hear the Bills given props in the national media.

It's a must listen interview.

Gotta love Stevie!

I don't see/hear most of the stuff that many of you do, so maybe I'm way off base on this. I'll throw it out there anyway. I can't help but get the feeling from stuff like this that Johnson is the kind of character who was meant to be in a bigger market. Am I just imagining things here?

I don't see/hear most of the stuff that many of you do, so maybe I'm way off base on this. I'll throw it out there anyway. I can't help but get the feeling from stuff like this that Johnson is the kind of character who was meant to be in a bigger market. Am I just imagining things here?

Right now, just see that the glass is have full.

:wallbash:

Perhaps he is. But like most players, I suspect that he will follow wherever the money is. Thus, the solution is to get this guy an extension. This week, next week, after the season, just get it done.

Am I jumping the gun on the notion of an extension? Maybe. But Steve Johnson seems to have that innate knack for finding open space, which is an extremely valuable quality in today's NFL.

Perhaps he is. But like most players, I suspect that he will follow wherever the money is. Thus, the solution is to get this guy an extension. This week, next week, after the season, just get it done.

Am I jumping the gun on the notion of an extension? Maybe. But Steve Johnson seems to have that innate knack for finding open space, which is an extremely valuable quality in today's NFL.

No you're not jumping the gun, it's the #3-4 priortity in the offseason to sign Stevie J to an extension. He only has one year left on his deal.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

It shouldn't, several other players have gotten deals done.

Are we talking about guys who are currently in the last year of their contract or guys like Johnson who still have another year left? If it gets to the offseason, just about everything's going to have to wait for that CBA.

Are we talking about guys who are currently in the last year of their contract or guys like Johnson who still have another year left? If it gets to the offseason, just about everything's going to have to wait for that CBA.

The point being after the 2010 season. Stevie J will have 1 year left so; if Stevie J finishes strong Nix needs to have extending Stevie J near the top of the list.