SI Has Luck Coming Out

truth on hold

I'm confused by how you replied to yourself; it sounds like a 2nd poster responding to the comment of the 1st poster. Is this proof that you have multiple screen names and forgot to sign in as your other identity?

:blink:

Great catch! :worthy:

I bet we NEVER hear from coldstorage again.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want anything to do with this guy. Can you imagine what the press will do?

"Bills win is all Luck"

"Bills unLucky in loss"

"Bills win by dumb Luck"

"Bills find Lucky charm"

"Luck is on Bills side"

Buncha freakin hacks like Wawrow will have a GD field day trying to outdo each other to prove who's the wittiest. No way do I want him on the Bills.

Edited by Beerball

Ironic that people would want to lose to get a guy they think will stop us from losing.

I'd rather have another decade of 7-9 teams than have a team go 0-16.

I am with you man!:thumbsup:

Oh god,everytime we win a game the board will go in deep depression. :unsure:

Buffalo may very well win THIS week and you wait and see.....

Bashing the freakin Bills for winning....:flirt:

Ok Ive havent been following the Luck kid, because I thought he wouldnt come out..... Is he really all that??

Is he the man?

Another thing,... Dallas, Detroit and Carolina all have Qbs, even if we drop, we'll still get this guy.

This doesn't cover teams trading down to get him. Dallas and Carolina both cannot be ruled out either as Dallas needs a major overhaul and could trade Romo with Luck in their sights. Carolina doesn't act like they think they have a QB... Detroit Is the only team I would suspect chases a different position, but might still be open to moving to some other pick for the right ransom.

Washington, Miami, Minnesota, Arizona, perhaps Seattle or Cleveland depending on how the season plays out

Andrew Luck

Stanford

Luck is graded as the top quarterback prospect by just about everyone and considered the consensus number one choice, with good reason. He’s the complete package and offers the physical talents, mental intangibles and leadership skills to be a franchise quarterback at the next level. Expect Luck, a redshirt sophomore, to enter the draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1011/nfl-2011-draft-preview-top-10-quarterbacks/content.1.html#ixzz1515mBAN6

That's great news. My only fear would be the Bills somehow screwing it up.

Andrew Luck

Stanford

Luck is graded as the top quarterback prospect by just about everyone and considered the consensus number one choice, with good reason. He’s the complete package and offers the physical talents, mental intangibles and leadership skills to be a franchise quarterback at the next level. Expect Luck, a redshirt sophomore, to enter the draft.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1011/nfl-2011-draft-preview-top-10-quarterbacks/content.1.html#ixzz1515mBAN6

Um...er....there IS no more. Just those 3 sentences. :doh:

(Unless you also want to read 2-3 sentence blurbs about each of the remaining nine Tony Pauline 'Top 10 QBs').

Edited by The Senator

This doesn't cover teams trading down to get him. Dallas and Carolina both cannot be ruled out either as Dallas needs a major overhaul and could trade Romo with Luck in their sights. Carolina doesn't act like they think they have a QB... Detroit Is the only team I would suspect chases a different position, but might still be open to moving to some other pick for the right ransom.

Washington, Miami, Minnesota, Arizona, perhaps Seattle or Cleveland depending on how the season plays out

I don't see Dallas droppin Romo. Yes he's disappointed in some big games, but he's been solid for the most part. The offense is much more fluent when he plays than it was/is for Kitna/Johnson/Bledsoe, all of whom have been successful in the league (with the arguable exception of Kitna).

They need too much help on defense and O-line to waste a top pick on a position of strength. Of course I didn't think we'd draft a RB at 9 so who knows.

With a prospect like Luck, Carolina wouldn't think twice about drafting him & sending Clausen to the bench or away. There's a big difference between a 2nd round flyer and the #1 pick. You're always looking to get an elite QB in there. Clausen's draft status & play so far hardly would give Carolina the feeling they landed an elite QB when they drafted Clausen.

Now let's say your premise is correct & Carolina loves Clausen. In that case they will trade the pick, since I'm sure there will be plenty of teams offering them just about anything to get Luck.

So, either way, if we don't have the #1 pick, we're not going to get Luck.

Last year Carolina attempted to trade up in the second round in order to get Clausen. They were unable to, and were delighted when he fell down to them. From everything I've heard, they were 100% sold on the guy.

I realize feelings can change, but there's a good chance that a lot of that initial confidence remains.

You are correct to say that if Carolina has the first overall pick and is sold on Clausen, they'll seek to trade down. But if the Bills are picking (say) third overall, and if they want Luck, they'd be a potential trading partner for Carolina. I realize that you're going to have to give up a lot (in terms of picks) to trade from #3 overall to #1 overall, especially with a player like Luck on the board. But from everything I've gathered, Luck could be the next Matt Ryan, except better. It's worth paying a high draft day price to get a player like that.