Kelly, Bills, future of team

Why on earth would they include a photo of Kelly from just after he had suffered a concussion against the Redskins in Super Bowl XXVI? Are they trying to infer something about Jimbo's mindset? What a weird photo selection.

It's WGR, what do you expect?!

Honestly the hostility towards their own listeners is startling. I hadn't listened to many postgames this season... but after listenting to today's I have to wonder if their advertisers realize that they hold their customers in such contempt.

Honestly the hostility towards their own listeners is startling. I hadn't listened to many postgames this season... but after listenting to today's I have to wonder if their advertisers realize that they hold their customers in such contempt.

I didn't catch the post game this afternoon... was it much worse than usual?

Why on earth would they include a photo of Kelly from just after he had suffered a concussion against the Redskins in Super Bowl XXVI? Are they trying to infer something about Jimbo's mindset? What a weird photo selection.

I sent them a message about that. Maybe next time the wizards at WGR can have a picture of Kelly holding his knee at Giants Stadium in 1990.

I didn't catch the post game this afternoon... was it much worse than usual?

It was bad. They were having technical issues and stopping just short of blaming their callers for their own network's equipment problems. Add to that the fans' negativity towards the Toronto deal and the 0-8 record, and it was a bloodbath.

I used to stream the shows occasionally to get Bills news, and I once heard one of the local sports talk guys admit that he doesn't really care about the Bills and only follows them because it's his job. Not the biggest deal I guess, but it just seemed odd, like something he should probably keep to himself.

It was bad. They were having technical issues and stopping just short of blaming their callers for their own network's equipment problems. Add to that the fans' negativity towards the Toronto deal and the 0-8 record, and it was a bloodbath.

Today was bad. However, I'll be the first to say that I think both hosts are dopes, the people that were calling in were absolute block heads. I don't know why they take so many calls.

Classic WGR550!! bash the sh*t out of the bills til people only care abotu the sabres. gosh they are the absolute worst....glad I'm in japan and dont need to listen to them

Classic WGR550!! bash the sh*t out of the bills til people only care abotu the sabres. gosh they are the absolute worst....glad I'm in japan and dont need to listen to them

You should have heard them on Thursday - totally lambasting the Sabres. Bulldog kept saying "I hat this team!"......They were calling for Lindy to be fired.

I doubt you've listened in 5 years. Things have changed.

Anyway, here is the Buffalo News story on Kelly. The one thing I like is him saying about major business interests calling him to want to keep the team in Buffalo. Not sure if he has said that before. And, the thing about Goodell. I knew he was born in Jamestown, but what I didn't know is that he has a cottage on Chautauqua and spends a lot of his time in the summer there. That can't hurt our chances, you would think.

News article

Edited by bbb

I hope Jim ain't blowin' smoke.

PTR

assuming Ralph sticks to his guns and (a) the team is actually auctioned off to the highest bidder and (b) the state or some other government entity doesn't subsidize a local bid (ie, its a straight up bid vs bid), he is blowing smoke. No smart business guy who is runs his affairs by the numbers spends $700m and tries to make it pay off in WNY.

I don't know waht to make of this. In the past, it seems Kelly was discussing a group that was already in place. Now he is saying "many have called me" about keeping the Bills in Buff. And why wouldn't this group have spoken to Ralph about what, at age 92, is an imminent transaction.

Tell you what..if Kelly ever gets a piece of this team, the

first thing he needs to do is get rid of those horrible clown

outfits this team wears every Sunday. I seriously can't stand

looking at them anymore. They look like an indoor team,or worse

a division 3 college team.

Go back to the throwbacks with the white helmets.

No more blue pants, no more charging Bisons.

I want to see Andrew Luck wearing the 64-65 jersey,

running out onto the RWS turf in blazing sunshine in

front of a packed opening day crowd. I can dream right?

Good Luck Jimbo.