I think Cinci beats NE.

ICE

Pitt stopped NE. Cinci damn near stopped Pitt.  Sorry man I think this is MUCH closer than some hope.

153394[/snapback]

Yeah, and Cleveland scored 48 on Cinci, and only 15 on NE. Baltimore scored 26 on Cinci, and 3 on NE. So facing common opponents over the last two weeks, the Bengals have given up 74 points, while NE has given up 18.

And while they did "damn near" stop Pitt, they still gave up 130 yards to Bettis.

Sacking a rookie QB 7 or 8 times while their over-the-hill RB tears you up doesn't make you a good defense.

'Almost' stopping Roethlisberger and Bettis at home doesn't equal stopping Brady and Dillon in NE.

But if you like the matchup, go ahead and bet Cinci and bet big. Why don't you use your ISP money, and give us all a break.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time believing that the Bengals defense can keep Cinci in the game.

153383[/snapback]

For the season Cincy is giving up 141.9 Rushing yards per game and 202.6 passing yds a game.

But since their 1-4 start, Cincy has improved against the run, giving up 128 rushing yds per game and 201 passing yards per game.

And that is with Denver, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh on their schedule (good running teams).

Seems to me the best way to attack the Bengals is on the ground, I hope MM and the rest of the coaching staff sees that.

I don't think Cinci has the capability to pound the ball effectively enough to hang with the Pats. Those are the types of teams that can beat NE. Plus their D is not physical enough IMO. They have a division rivalry with Pitt and thus "know them" inside and out differently than they would know NE. I suppose it could happen but I highly doubt it...

I don't think Cinci has the capability to pound the ball effectively enough to hang with the Pats. Those are the types of teams that can beat NE. Plus their D is not physical enough IMO. They have a division rivalry with Pitt and thus "know them" inside and out differently than they would know NE. I suppose it could happen but I highly doubt it...

153428[/snapback]

The Patriots' run defense has improved by leaps and bounds since the early year. They're getting better as the year is going on - as an example, you guys all saw what happened to McGahee in Foxboro. To me, the way to beat the Patriots is by throwing downfield.

The Patriots' run defense has improved by leaps and bounds since the early year.  They're getting better as the year is going on - as an example, you guys all saw what happened to McGahee in Foxboro.  To me, the way to beat the Patriots is by throwing downfield.

153455[/snapback]

The only way that throwing down the field even becomes an option is if you have such a threat inside in the running game that it allows for play action. Most teams do not have this luxury. This for example , is why a "verticle" team such as the Rams have no chance vs. you guys.

If I recall correctly, Dillon didn't play in the NE game vs. Pittsburgh. He's a big part of their offense.

153462[/snapback]

You're right, but it wouldn't have mattered on that day. The Steelers thumped the Patriots soundly. I, for one, want to see what happens if/when they play in the playoffs - the Steelers woofed long and loud and talked smack afterwards. Plus, there's always the bonus of yet another Bill Cowher team self-destructing in the playoffs. :D

I think there will be an upset in the makings this weekend.

153356[/snapback]

spare me Ice, you have not a freaking clue what you are talking about...Corey Dillion has been waiting all year for this game...stick to spouting off about the Bills

When did I say that?  I expected OK St to win after Cuse struggled against the powerhouse Red Raiders of Colgate.  All I said to the Big 12 apologists was "talk to me in March".

The only time common opponents should ever be discussed in the NFL is for tie-breaking purposes.  The "A beat B and B almost beat C" argument cannot possibly be any more worthless. 

Palmer impressed me last week, but he has to win this game singlehandily.  They won't be able to run it and their D won't stop the run or the pass.  Chad Johnson could have a decent fantasy game with some garbage stats, but it will be a 17 pt game after 3 Qtrs.  And most importantly NE never EVER takes a game off.

153415[/snapback]

dude I am just messing with ya. If you go back you will find I like cuse and Penn State. Hell I got Cuse and penn st. Sweatshirts even. I will never like them as much as OU...but you get the point.

B'gals are something like +15 on to's and first or second in points off of to's.

To HC Lewis' credit, they do not give up on the running game regardless of the score. Rudi Johnson is pretty much a between-the-tackles runner, and back up Washington cast-off Kenny Johnson has good hands and blocking abilities. 2nd year FB Jeremi Johnson is in on most downs. B'gals do not run many 3 or 4 wr sets - they like the run, need to protect Palmer, and after WR's Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh, they have nothing on the bench.

Palmer had a good game in the 24 point 4th quarter comeback against the Ravens. AFC Player of the Week. TE production is about the same as the Bills - they tend to keep 'em in to protect Palmer, and Palmer doesn't have the experience to be able to pick them up for safety-valve passes, anyway. Last year, Kitna completed 68 passes to them (Matt Schoebel - Aaron's brother - , Reggie Kelly, and Tony Stewart)

The OL plays well - FA guard Bobbie Moore does well, and G Steinback is ok in pass protection and excels in downfield run blocking. Tackles Levi Jones and Willie Anderson are fine. C Rich Brabham makes good line calls, and back-up Jerry Fontenot can play all 3 positions.

To my utter surprise, the DB's have played well. Tory James leads the league in int's, FA acquisition Delthea O'Neal is playing well, and rookie Madeiu Williams plays FS and CB, and is a ballhawk and is always around the ball, run or pass.

Rookie Landon Johnson is playing well at MLB in place of injured rookie Caleb Miller, who was starting in place of FA acquisition Nate Webster, out on IR after week 1. The DL has improved, and the LB play from Brian Simmons and Kevin Hardy is pretty good. They both cover a lot of ground and are not bad in pass coverage. The B'gals normally do not blitz a lot.

K Shayne Graham is doing well. Waiver wire pick-up P Kyle Richardson has been a pleasant surprise. ST's are middle-of the pack.

But it's hard for me to think that they'll knock off NE away...

The 'Dillon' factor actually hurts NE. See dumbass did an interview with Pecker King. he asked said assclown if Cinci could have a winning season. Dillon laughed his ass off for over 8 min.

Marvin Lewis has requested that footage. he will be showing it to the Team Sat night. I think you guys will be shocked at the outcome of Sundays game.

The 'Dillon' factor actually hurts NE.  See dumbass did an interview with Pecker King. he asked said assclown if Cinci could have a winning season. Dillon laughed his ass off for over 8 min. 

Marvin Lewis has requested that footage. he will be showing it to the Team Sat night.  I think you guys will be shocked at the outcome of Sundays game.

153576[/snapback]

Either way, this thread will getting bumped Sunday night.

Ice, if you feel that strongly about it, you should not only grab the Bengals +10, but place a smaller bet on the money line - might be in the +300 range.