Merriman: After these next 9 games...

bills1960

What are the chances he stays in Buffalo after this year? Because watching the press conference it got me excited but then I remembered we only have him on contract for another few months. Thoughts?

Edited by bills1960

It will be virtually impossible to keep him. Unless we sign him to an extension BEFORE the end of the season. If the season ends, and we haven't extended him yet, then the looming lockout makes it impossible to sign or negotiate with free agents. The labor dispute will cause a huge problem for the NFL next summer IMO. I can honestly see the entire 2011 season being wiped out...

I think we have a very good chance of keeping him around. This is a guy who has a lot to prove, and if he proves to be good we have a head start to signing him as he is already here. If he sucks then he is a lock to stay here as we always resign guys that suck.

In reality, our team is terrible. our opponents could triple team him every play if they wanted. He is not going to produce like a maniac and get some huge contract elsewhere. At the end of the year we are going to be the only team that knows his true value and my bet is we lock him up long term.

What are the chances he stays in Buffalo after this year? Because watching the press conference it got me excited but then I remembered we only have him on contract for another few months. Thoughts?

Zero. Jay Glazier commented after talking to Merriman when picked up off waivers his attitude was something like 'What did I do in a previous life to deserve this'. Merriman told him he would report to Buffalo because he wants to play this year. Glazier then went on to say he thought he was outta here as soon as FA starts.

Who can blame him?

Zero. Jay Glazier commented after talking to Merriman when picked up off waivers his attitude was something like 'What did I do in a previous life to deserve this'. Merriman told him he would report to Buffalo because he wants to play this year. Glazier then went on to say he thought he was outta here as soon as FA starts.

Who can blame him?

I am pretty sure he was offering his own opinion and not quoting anything from Merriman. Feel free to spin it how you like though.

It will be virtually impossible to keep him. Unless we sign him to an extension BEFORE the end of the season. If the season ends, and we haven't extended him yet, then the looming lockout makes it impossible to sign or negotiate with free agents. The labor dispute will cause a huge problem for the NFL next summer IMO. I can honestly see the entire 2011 season being wiped out...

The only feather in their cap would be the franchise tag if he proves to be worth it.

Who can blame him?

That was Glazer's opinion, not anything stated specifically from Merriman. If there is show me a link to it.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

He said all the right things and he really seems to want to do well for us...he has a good relationship with Buddy, so that will definitely help us out...he also seem to want to resurrect his career and he would probably appreciate us for giving him the chance to do it...

Edited by matter2003

The only feather in their cap would be the franchise tag if he proves to be worth it.

That was Glazer's opinion, not anything stated specifically from Merriman. If there is show me a link to it.

Whatever the koolaid makes you think.