Is there a link to watch Merriman presser?

BeastMode54

Man, a lot of haranguing questions about him not being the same player and not fitting in here. Way to ingratiate yourself with the new guy in town there newscasters.

I felt embarrassed for the Buffalo media. The first time it was an important question. The 3-10th times it was silly.

Man, a lot of haranguing questions about him not being the same player and not fitting in here. Way to ingratiate yourself with the new guy in town there newscasters.

That's their job to ask him questions. If they didn't ask him about his lack of productivity the past few seasons they should not be reporters.

Their job is to get information not make friends. That's why a lot of journalism is bad today. Everybody wants to be in the spotlight and

be friends with the people they cover.

I felt embarrassed for the Buffalo media. The first time it was an important question. The 3-10th times it was silly.

No reason to feel embarrassed. Different reporters. Different news outlets. They will each ask the question because you never know,

a guy might give a different answer or offer a different insight than he did to the guy/lady that asked previously. Like when you

were a kid your mother might ask you why you were late getting home; you answer then she asks you the same question in a

different way, see if you slip up... Not a big deal.

Merriman conducted a perfect interview. Handled the questions about moving to Buffalo and he said these key things:

1. I am here to work.

2. I always have a chip on my shoulder with the way I play the game.

3. I have to contribute here.

4. I have to gain the teams trust.

5. I have to earn respect by working hard.

About being used to bright lights? Nothing bright about putting on a helmut and playing football, bottom line is I love to play football.

Immediate reaction to Buffalo? That I have an helmut and that is good. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link. Interesting interview. He responded very professionally. Whether he stays for the long haul (I doubt) there is a lot at stake for him to resurrect his career.

That's going to depend I imagine on his perception of what's going on with the locker room and the organization as well as how he does on the field.

There must be a certain attraction if he is able to be the "star" and the "leader" on an up-and-coming team if that happens for him.

Esp. if his choice would be "go be the odd-man-out on a great team"

On the other hand, if he feels like the team will be mired for years (and not ad-mired), sayyonara!

And of course the question of "will Wilson pay him to stay?"

...will Wilson tag him to make him stay?...that is the question.

kinda, the first question is will there be a franchise tag in the next CBA? Cause as of March, those tags are history.

Thouht he came off very well, and as someone else mentioned, very humble.Maybe getting cut and facing the reality that the next eight games will mean the difference between a vet minimum contract and a lucrative long term deal with great guarantees has hit home.