Bills and Sabres

diver

Has any major league city have had both their franchises in last place at the same time? Bills in last place in NFL 32 out of 32 teams. Sabres in last place in NHL, 30th out of 30 teams. Good thing Buffalo doesn't have an NBA team any more.

I don't think it is all that rare. Think Golden State Warriors (Bay Area) and Raiders. Or LA Clippers and whichever LA franchise when they were back there. 2007 Dolphins and Marlins stunk. (Worse than rotten sea creatures normally do.) Washington's recent downturn and the Nationals in baseball, both having a lot of shared time in the basement. I bet Dallas had at least one stretch where 2 of its teams stunk. Don't know hockey very well, but I am sure example could be found.

kj

I don't think it is all that rare. Think Golden State Warriors (Bay Area) and Raiders. Or LA Clippers and whichever LA franchise when they were back there. 2007 Dolphins and Marlins stunk. (Worse than rotten sea creatures normally do.) Washington's recent downturn and the Nationals in baseball, both having a lot of shared time in the basement. I bet Dallas had at least one stretch where 2 of its teams stunk. Don't know hockey very well, but I am sure example could be found.

kj

The Pirates have sucked for 20 some years now and the Penguins had at least one string of awful post-Lemieux seasons during that span. This whole subject is nothing more than the woe is me crap that has been big in Buffalo for a while now.

Anybody know what when the last time the Bills and Sabres were both in last place in the NFL and NHL respectively?

As opposed to being in last place in the NBA and PGA?

Scary thing is that at this rate, the Bills might actually win a home game before the Sabres. :ph34r:

????? What

The Blues made the playoffs like 25 years in a row... Its a major sports record. What are you talking about?

The only thing I can think of is their lack of big names over the years. There's the obvious in Brett Hull, but after that, Bernie Federko really doesn't bring that much to the table.

????? What

The Blues made the playoffs like 25 years in a row... Its a major sports record. What are you talking about?

I'm talking about what they did in the playoffs for those 25 years; they always seemed like a team that underachieved. I guess I never considered making a 16 team playoff to be that great of an accomplishment.