Not satisfied with the loss

Bob in STL

I see a lot of posters are happy, and even satisfied, just to see the Bills in a close game. I am very frustrated by the past two weeks and I find no solace in losing close games. When the reason we lose is stupid mistakes it is not good enough.

I expect many posters to disagree but the play calling and the game management at the end of the 4th Q and in OT was lousy.

We could have run the ball and got Lindell closer on his missed FG attempt. Just 4 to 5 yards would have been enough to do it.

First and 10 on their 40 and we pass, and it gets picked. Ouch.

First and 10 on their 42 and we pass. Second and ten on their 42 and we pass. Third and 10 on their 42 and we pass, with an empty backfield, and get penalized for intentional grounding. Note to Chan – our line does not block well enough to run the spread offense with an empty backfield as much as we did. We got burned by it when it counted the most.

We simply need to get a few yards, run the clock down, and avoid negative plays. Not saying run on every down but passing on every down in KC territory was stupid.

Chan – the verdict is still out on you. The offense is getting better but your game management is not impressive.

Buddy – please do not sleep when free agency starts next year. We need lots of better players

I see a lot of posters are happy, and even satisfied, just to see the Bills in a close game. I am very frustrated by the past two weeks and I find no solace in losing close games. When the reason we lose is stupid mistakes it is not good enough.

I expect many posters to disagree but the play calling and the game management at the end of the 4th Q and in OT was lousy. <...>

I'm sure you're right about the disagreement and I see many dissing off Fitz for this game

I think you're right. By the end of the 4th and in OT, it was not Top Secret that Fitz was having an off day as a passer. For whatever reason -- windy day, lots of pressure, 3 bell-ringing sacks, receivers being covered like blankets. Run was grinding out steady advancement, two long clock-eating drives in the 2nd half. It was reasonable to "Go For It" in regulation with time running down and the game already tied. In OT, with plenty of time, good play-calling to put your player in a position to win doesn't expect him to hit on pass after pass.

By the way, where do you watch Bills games in StL?

Our run game is very weak because our oline isn't physical enough to own the LOS.

I am not satisfied with the loss, but I am happy to see the team improving in some aspects. As long as this team gradually improves each week, I will feel a lot better about Chan as a HC.

There are so many vast improvements, I expect this team to go places once it weeds out more bad players. It is almost shocking to see roscoe getting so involved in every game after so many years of him doing nothing on offense. Stevie johnson emerging is a very good sign, david nelson actually being effective is great. And as much as I like fitz, we need an upgrade at QB. But he is a decent enough starter and I think our QB situation isn't as crazy as people were expecting. And the defense improved a lot this week... only giving up 13 points on this crazy offense wasn't bad at all.

This team is still a mess, but it is improving. I am not satisfied with the loss at all, but I do like this team making strides towards improvement. I have hope that Gailey can actually have a team play well when he has the talent.

Our run game is very weak because our oline isn't physical enough to own the LOS.

I am not satisfied with the loss, but I am happy to see the team improving in some aspects. As long as this team gradually improves each week, I will feel a lot better about Chan as a HC.

There are so many vast improvements, I expect this team to go places once it weeds out more bad players. It is almost shocking to see roscoe getting so involved in every game after so many years of him doing nothing on offense. Stevie johnson emerging is a very good sign, david nelson actually being effective is great. And as much as I like fitz, we need an upgrade at QB. But he is a decent enough starter and I think our QB situation isn't as crazy as people were expecting. And the defense improved a lot this week... only giving up 13 points on this crazy offense wasn't bad at all.

This team is still a mess, but it is improving. I am not satisfied with the loss at all, but I do like this team making strides towards improvement. I have hope that Gailey can actually have a team play well when he has the talent.

Lesters on Clayton in Chesterfield. The Bills Backers meet there for every game.

So, Roscoe's play as WR is "shocking", Johnson is "very good" and Nelson's effectiveness is "great", but we need an upgrade at QB?

So, Roscoe's play as WR is "shocking", Johnson is "very good" and Nelson's effectiveness is "great", but we need an upgrade at QB?

hahahahaha. no, that is NOT what I said. gotta get some reading comprehension.

Roscoe playing well as a wide reciever is shocking. this is the one part you got right. It is shocking, because roscoe has been on this team for awhile now, and has never been more than a PR. Seeing him actually making plays for the offense on a regular basis is pretty great.

Stevie johnson.... his new playing isn't something I can call "very good" until I see him do it in more than just a few games. I didn't say that he is "very good." What I said was him emerging is a very good sign (that coaching has improved). That is very different than him being "very good."

And as far as you thinking daving nelson is "great".... I didn't say that either. I said he is effective. Being effective and being great are two very different things. I think it is great that he can be effective as a rookie, but he isn't playing great yet. But he is effective and is the type of WR we were expecting from Hardy when he was drafted.

And yes, I feel we do need an upgrade at the QB position. But it will be easier to tell when the season is over with. If fitz proves to be true to his past, he is going to have a lot of games where he is VERY good, and a lot of games where he is just bad. He is very inconsistant. And I think that is a problem. I think if we ever plan on being a great team, we will need a better QB. And if we can get a QB that could turn out to be elite, it would be well worth it. Fitz is servisable for a few years, but an improvement at QB is needed eventually. I can see fitz playing for us for a few years while we train the future QB, but I don't see him as our starter 5 years from now.

Lesters on Clayton in Chesterfield. The Bills Backers meet there for every game.

Thanks for the heads up, but the utica I am from is utica NY haha. But it is appreciated. I live in Tampa, FL right now, and I have been looking for a better bar to go to for the games. There is one bills backer bar (on their official site) in my area, and no one shows up to it. So I just go to a nieghborhood bar where the head bartender is a bills fan, so I can trust him to put the game on a decent TV.

I expect many posters to disagree but the play calling and the game management at the end of the 4th Q and in OT was lousy.

We could have run the ball and got Lindell closer on his missed FG attempt. Just 4 to 5 yards would have been enough to do it.

First and 10 on their 40 and we pass, and it gets picked. Ouch.

First and 10 on their 42 and we pass. Second and ten on their 42 and we pass. Third and 10 on their 42 and we pass, with an empty backfield, and get penalized for intentional grounding. Note to Chan – our line does not block well enough to run the spread offense with an empty backfield as much as we did. We got burned by it when it counted the most.

We simply need to get a few yards, run the clock down, and avoid negative plays. Not saying run on every down but passing on every down in KC territory was stupid.

Chan – the verdict is still out on you. The offense is getting better but your game management is not impressive.

Buddy – please do not sleep when free agency starts next year. We need lots of better players

Well said.