Time for NFL to ban Time out just before Kick!

turbobike

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd be just as happy as Chiefs fans are if everything were reversed. I agree it is a really crappy tactic, but it's within the rules, and I don't see why they should change. I have heard that sometimes kickers actually like it, because it gives them a real warm-up, not just kicking into a net on the sidelines. These dudes are pros. If they get all freaked out because "OMG, I have to do it again?!," they shouldn't be in the NFL in the first place.

Edited by jimmyo

It's time for the NFL to step in and BAN the timeouts just before the kicker hits the ball. Some thing like no timeouts with 5 seconds on the play clock. What say you?

Bull ****. Quit whining like a girl. Its a good thing and if it had saved the Bills ass you would be screaming how its the greatest thing in the world.

It's time for the NFL to step in and BAN the timeouts just before the kicker hits the ball. Some thing like no timeouts with 5 seconds on the play clock. What say you?

Apparently, Chan Gailey thinks they already have.

Or how about a kicker who could win just 1 out of 2 games with a kick in the low 50s?

The "freeze" worked for both teams today. Quit looking to blame someone other than the Bills for the losses.

The NFL needs to change this. It is a very cheesy rule.

It’s like calling a time out after the fact, after a play has occurred. Hey NFL, you mean to tell me a play doesn’t count because of a covert technicality. You mean to say a side arrangement can be made between a coach and a referee before the play is initiated to trump the results of what happens on the field. Does it get any seedier than that?

Is it any wonder why one might feel a sense of being had at the conclusion of the play or game. And what an unconvincing way to win a game. Can you imagine a super bowl ending in this fashion. The conclusion seems so fraudulent as if to demean the person who chose to watch. HA ha sucka, punked cha!

This game mattered little to me and most fans I know with The Bills being 0 for 7 or 1 and 6 but I can’t understand why the commish wants a game as muddled as that. This trend is only a few years old. How did it ever get into the rule book. It makes the game ugly.

I can't help but think that if I were a kicker, I'd like it when someone does that time out thing to me. It's like getting a warm up kick before the real one. It's pretty obvious when the opposing coach is goign to do it, cause he grabs the ref and stands right next to the dude waiting for the clock to run down and/or the offense to set. I'd love to have a practice shot before a big kick. Norwood maybe could have used one of those. :ph34r:

The NFL needs to change this. It is a very cheesy rule.

It’s like calling a time out after the fact, after a play has occurred. Hey NFL, you mean to tell me a play doesn’t count because of a covert technicality. You mean to say a side arrangement can be made between a coach and a referee before the play is initiated to trump the results of what happens on the field. Does it get any seedier than that?

Is it any wonder why one might feel a sense of being had at the conclusion of the play or game. And what an unconvincing way to win a game. Can you imagine a super bowl ending in this fashion. The conclusion seems so fraudulent as if to demean the person who chose to watch. HA ha sucka, punked cha!

This game mattered little to me and most fans I know with The Bills being 0 for 7 or 1 and 6 but I can’t understand why the commish wants a game as muddled as that. This trend is only a few years old. How did it ever get into the rule book. It makes the game ugly.

If a timeout is called "before the play is initiated", i doesn't matter what happens after "on the field".

Really? Unconvincing? Fraudulent? Exactly what are you referring to?

So much drama....

If its in the rules its in the rules. Do I like the rule ...no. But a good kicker would make that second kick just like the first.

What rule don't you like? The fact that a team gets three timeouts per half and can use them whenever they want? That's the rule. :wallbash:

What rule don't you like? The fact that a team gets three timeouts per half and can use them whenever they want? That's the rule. :wallbash:

As I said before do I like the rule...no. Do I think that what happened when the timeout was called was fair ..no. Do I think that it was fair to do that?....No. If it's the rule..what can I do or anyone do to change it. I'm not disagreeing with you. Maybe I just worded it in a way that didn't make sense. I think were on the same page here.

Edited by Herd of Bills

I say it is no different than the 4th & 1 play when Haley called timeout a split second before Cassell dove over the line for a 1st down. The timeout wiped the play out, because it didn't happen, because the timeout was called before the ball was snapped.

You can't call timeout after the ball is snapped, so why should it matter whether you are lined up for a field goal, a punt or any other play? A team has the right to call a timeout before the ball is snapped on any play. Not fair? Please.....