Bend over and don't freeze the kicker

Stupid idea and I like the no-timeout call. I think on FGs, a timeout should be illegal unless called before the holder kneels. When was the last time you saw a TD pass called back by a timeout? When was the last time a coach tried to ice another play? It's stupid and irrelvant, along with a lot of NFL rules, that make watching these games tough. When you can't refer to rules and they're not called consistently, it makes the game less credible.

I like how even though the Chiefs froze Lindell, we would much rather be good losers than to try the same last second timeout trick the Chiefs used.

I'm with you on that I think freezing the kicker like that is for wimps. Thing is it is a legal move in the NFL and does work.

Stupid idea and I like the no-timeout call. I think on FGs, a timeout should be illegal unless called before the holder kneels. When was the last time you saw a TD pass called back by a timeout? When was the last time a coach tried to ice another play? It's stupid and irrelvant, along with a lot of NFL rules, that make watching these games tough. When you can't refer to rules and they're not called consistently, it makes the game less credible.

Come on...more rules complaints again because a rule didnt work in the Bills favor? There are several times where a coach lost because of this where the kicker missed the first attempt just to make the 2nd one. Its called strategy and you take a risk when you do it, but its well within the rules so who cares if coaches take that chance. You would have loved that rule if Lindell MISSED the first attempt and made the 2nd...

I like how even though the Chiefs froze Lindell, we would much rather be good losers than to try the same last second timeout trick the Chiefs used.

How did they get that time out when it was called as the ball was snaped and when the Bills called time it was before the ball was snaped.

Come on...more rules complaints again because a rule didnt work in the Bills favor? There are several times where a coach lost because of this where the kicker missed the first attempt just to make the 2nd one. Its called strategy and you take a risk when you do it, but its well within the rules so who cares if coaches take that chance. You would have loved that rule if Lindell MISSED the first attempt and made the 2nd...

It is actually for wimps and at no time in any other professional sport do you see it happen. (ie) Dan gladden vs. NY Yankees w/ Charlie Hudson pitching. It also doesn't happen on any other play in football and never did happen until Shanahan pulled it out. No big deal really... in my eyes we beat the Chiefs today. It doesn't show up in the standings but realistically they lost and should feel lucky. I'm glad Chan didn't call time out and I also am glad Chan tried to pass the ball when we were close to FG range. BTW the holding call on Flowers could very well have been considered PI that far down field.

whether we "freezed" the kicker or not was not even close to being in the top 20 reasons we lost today.

Agreed. We are a very flawed team like most in the nfl including the one we played today.

But something needs to be done about this asinine rule. The modern NFL was a better league without it for its first 60 years or so til 200?. I can't believe the nfl continues allowing this farcical maneuver. It promotes nothing but a sense of fraud upon itself and those who partake in viewership. Maybe we just need enough fans to stand up and start shouting at the commissioner in one collective voice like John McEnroe used to with his line judges. I wrote about this in another thread.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/122496-time-for-nfl-to-ban-time-out-just-before-kick/