anybody worried about the bengals?

RaNdom

it's been pointed out previous on the wall that the bills haven't really beaten a good team and yet are professing they have a track to the playoffs. and i've been doing the stupid thing and thinking beyond the cleveland game, but...

1) i think the bengals have a chance to beat the patsies.

- i dont' think the patsies will go all out against them. they've essentially wrapped up the playoffs and maybe they're thinking homefield, but they're not going to show anything new.

- could a classic letdown game.

2) cincinnati might be tough to beat.

- the bengals have beaten some decent teams (baltimore, denver... ) come close against some good teams (pitt) and didn't get really blown out in any game.

- they beat a baltimore team that killed the bills.

- they have a real kicker. too bad he used to be a bill, but it's probably going to be a close game and they have a kicker they can trust.

Cincinnati is going to be very tough to beat, Im almost more worried about this game then I am of the Steelers game.

Bengals are a young and HUNGRY team, much like the Bills at this point.

They will be home, a big factor for sure

Remember the Bengals were 1-4, they are making a Bills like run here.

I don't think you will find anyone here who has chalked this game up as a gimme.

I'm personaly looking forward to this game based on how the two teams are playing right now. It has the potential to be a very exciting game.

I feel good about the Bills winning, but consider our history in big games played at Cincinnati.

1981: lost Quarter-Final Playoff game

1988: lost big regular season game, lost AFC Championship game

It'd be nice to finally win a big game there,

but let's beat the Browns first. :(

it's been pointed out previous on the wall that the bills haven't really beaten a good team and yet are professing they have a track to the playoffs. and i've been doing the stupid thing and thinking beyond the cleveland game, but...

- i dont' think the patsies will go all out against them. they've essentially wrapped up the playoffs and maybe they're thinking homefield, but they're not going to show anything new.

- the bengals have beaten some decent teams (baltimore, denver... ) come close against some good teams (pitt) and didn't get really blown out in any game.

- they have a real kicker. too bad he used to be a bill, but it's probably going to be a close game and they have a kicker they can trust.

151875[/snapback]

God I hope that this isn't the mindset of the Bills players. They play the Browns this week and looking past them is never a good thing in the NFL.

It will be a playoff game.

In other words who ever loses the Bills / Bengals match up will automatically be playing for next year.

That is if both the Bills and Cincy win this weekend. However it doesn't look good for Cincy against NE IMO. That could make Cincy even more deperate against the Bills

The Bengals will be desperate after losing in NE this weekend.

151974[/snapback]

"Desperate" is the wrong word. They'll be playing "loose" in the role of spoiler because, realistically, they're not getting in at 9-7.

Now that the Bills are rolling, EVERYONE is going to bring their "A" game, for their own reasons. I expect Cleveland-Pittsburgh to play above their means, just because. Pitt and Cincy because they need the win, Browns and 49'ers because it's a "respect" game and they can concentrate more effort to a single game, should they want to.

There is always the ever present threat of bird flu, plague and nuclear holocaust to deal with as well.

One game, heck one quarter at a time. Buffalo not only has to run the table, but they have to do it without anyone else getting hurt against some teams that just might be hungry.

I think they could do it. But it won't be easy.

If I had to guess the Vegas spread right now, I would assume that the Bills would be about a 3 point underdog to both Cincy and Pittsburgh.

Buffalo might take a lot of money though provided they blow out the Browns and Cincy loses convincingly to New England. That proposed line might creep to Cincy 1 or even.

Obviously much will change between now and the actual Pittsburgh game.

"Desperate" is the wrong word. They'll be playing "loose" in the role of spoiler because, realistically, they're not getting in at 9-7.

152013[/snapback]

It would take a miracle. They lose most any divisional and conference tie breaker. They would have to sweep, including NE at Foxboro - unlikely. And if BAL is still alive and they are tied, they lose that because although they split, the Ravens get the points-scored edge. If NYJ falters, same thing. They get the nod over the Broncos if it came to that.

If their fate ends up on a 16 week game victory, they would be pleased. It's against PHI, and if the Eagles with a sewn-up top NFC seed don't empty the bench, I'd be very surprised.

Agreed.

Just dont get down if you dont gain ground on anyone this weekend.    Just keep pace and make your move down the stretch like a thoroughbred.

151999[/snapback]

Oh, boy, encouraging words from a troll. :blink:;)

We'll get you converted yet! :devil:

I'm not worried about Cincy, I'm worried about Cleveland. We are 1-0 on the rest of the season....

151875[/snapback]

I appreciate the giddiness about the Bills last second run at a playoff spot. I am not ruling out anything, because much crazier things have happened. Do the Bengals scare me? Yes! So do the Browns, 49ers and Steelers. They really do have to "take it one game at a time". I was so pumped about this team last week, but that first quarter of the Dolphins game was a nice reminder of how fickle the football gods can be....admitt it, everyone here was a little scared after that first quarter. Don't take anything for granted.

Uhh, you lost me on the Patriots losing to the Bengals. I am not saying it can't or won't happen, but the Patriots haven't really let down in a few years now, why would they do it against the Bengals? To say that the Patriots "won't go all out against them" sounds a little silly.

Lastly, to all those who keep warning that the Bills haven't beaten any good teams, you are half right. Any team can beat any other team on any given NFL Sunday. That being said, on paper, most thought that the Rams, Jets and Sehawks, based on previous weeks results, should have beaten the Bills. They didn't. Also, while it is true that Baltimore beat us, they didn't "kill us". Drew killed us in that game. It was one of his trilogy of truly awful games this year (Oakland, New Engalnd pt 2, and Baltimore). I like Drew a lot, so I am not bashing him, just stating the painful facts. He contributed greatly to their falures in those games.

I appreciate the giddiness about the Bills last second run at a playoff spot.  I am not ruling out anything, because much crazier things have happened.  Do the Bengals scare me?  Yes!  So do the Browns, 49ers and Steelers.  They really do have to "take it one game at a time".  I was so pumped about this team last week, but that first quarter of the Dolphins game was a nice reminder of how fickle the football gods can be....admitt it, everyone here was a little scared after that first quarter.  Don't take anything for granted.

Uhh, you lost me on the Patriots losing to the Bengals.  I am not saying it can't or won't happen, but the Patriots haven't really let down in a few years now, why would they do it against the Bengals?  To say that the Patriots "won't go all out against them" sounds a little silly.

Lastly, to all those who keep warning that the Bills haven't beaten any good teams, you are half right.  Any team can beat any other team on any given NFL Sunday.  That being said, on paper, most thought that the Rams, Jets and Sehawks, based on previous weeks results, should have beaten the Bills.  They didn't.  Also, while it is true that Baltimore beat us, they didn't "kill us".  Drew killed us in that game.  It was one of his trilogy of truly awful games this year (Oakland, New Engalnd pt 2, and Baltimore).  I like Drew a lot, so I am not bashing him, just stating the painful facts.  He contributed greatly to their falures in those games.

152114[/snapback]

Good observations, buf.

Cinci is a team on the rise, with a great offense. To beat them at home will take a performance from our defense and qb that I doubt we will see.