Who starts at MLB...

rdb

...if we play more 4-3 against Baltimore? Davis or Poz?

For that matter, who starts at the 2 OLB spots? Kelsay and Moats? Coleman and Ellison? Maybin and Torbor?

Does anybody who was at last week's game have any insight?

...if we play more 4-3 against Baltimore? Davis or Poz?

For that matter, who starts at the 2 OLB spots? Kelsay and Moats? Coleman and Ellison? Maybin and Torbor?

Does anybody who was at last week's game have any insight?

From what it says in today's paper, it looks like Troupe replaces Torbor. That means Kelsay, Poz and Davis at LB.

From what it says in today's paper, it looks like Troupe replaces Torbor. That means Kelsay, Poz and Davis at LB.

With Poz at OLB and Davis at MLB, apparently. Which is surprising - why wouldn't those be switched? Does Poz still make the defensive calls at that point?

If you are really doing this, is there really any need to annouce it? Can't this be a surprise they have to adjust to during the game as opposed to a wrinkle to prepare for during the week?

If you are really doing this, is there really any need to annouce it? Can't this be a surprise they have to adjust to during the game as opposed to a wrinkle to prepare for during the week?

ONly surprise that'd be is a pleasant one.

Baltimore: Oh look, they have Kelsay as OLB! Let's run a few sweeps and short TE passes, and more sweeps.

So Kelsay is the OLB in the 4-3 ? C'mon, really??

I know, it's really funny. Watch him lose contain over and over this weekend, and trip over himself as he tries to cover Todd Heap and Ray Rice in the flats. Great idea Edwards!

I know, it's really funny. Watch him lose contain over and over this weekend, and trip over himself as he tries to cover Todd Heap and Ray Rice in the flats. Great idea Edwards!

no, it's sad. really.

And, again, I wonder why Kelsay was extended. He may deserve the money but I do not know where he will continue to fit in on this team. In a 4-3 why not put him in at DE with contain responsibilities? If we continue the 3-4 we have at least 2 years to bring together the players we'll need.

And, again, I wonder why Kelsay was extended.  He may deserve the money but I do not know where he will continue to fit in on this team.  In a 4-3 why not put him in at DE with contain responsibilities?  If we continue the 3-4 we have at least 2 years to bring together the players we'll need.

brilliant evaluation of talent

they break the bank for Kelsay

but couldn't be bothered to aggressive bring in a real pass rusher in their own backyard - like Cameron Wake.

Keeping Kelsay at OLB and Stroud at DE in the 4-3 alignment is probably a sign that they're still serious about transitioning to the 3-4 fulltime; but also an acknowledgment that they don't have the right personnel to be successful with it at the moment.

With Poz at OLB and Davis at MLB, apparently. Which is surprising - why wouldn't those be switched? Does Poz still make the defensive calls at that point?

I believe Davis started making the calls in preseason because he had better handle on the defense.

Davis seems to have better instincts than Poz in the middle. I don't think Poz impresses the coaches as much as he does his fans.

Edited by VADC Bills