Cam Newton in the draft?

Thurmonator

What are the odds that we can land this kid in the draft? I live in the south and have seen him play several times. Kid is a beast. Newton at QB with Spiller at RB could be an awesome combination.

You've seen him play for Auburn several times, or for Blinn Junior College? :unsure:

I can't even figure out how many years of eligibility he's got left, what with Florida, a red-shirt season at Florida, Blinn Junior College, and now Auburn - but I think he's started a total of 7 games for a BCS team (he might have had a start at Florida, I'm not sure), so doubt that he's declaring for the 2011 draft. Looks like a solid prospect in 2012, though.

You've seen him play for Auburn several times, or for Blinn Junior College? :unsure:

I can't even figure out how many years of eligibility he's got left, what with Florida, a red-shirt season at Florida, Blinn Junior College, and now Auburn - but I think he's started a total of 7 games for a BCS team (he might have had a start at Florida, I'm not sure), so doubt that he's declaring for the 2011 draft. Looks like a solid prospect in 2012, though.

Thus far I've seen him play against South Carolina, Clemson and Auburn and nobody's been able to stop him. I mean it when I say he's a beast. I'm not saying he fills our biggest need, but he and Spiller could give us a dynamic offense.

Thus far I've seen him play against South Carolina, Clemson and Auburn and nobody's been able to stop him. I mean it when I say he's a beast. I'm not saying he fills our biggest need, but he and Spiller could give us a dynamic offense.

I'll leave that for better football minds to determine, but (1) he's not going to be in this year's draft and (2) even if he was, Nix does not draft college QBs with one season of starting experience.

(I presume you meant you saw him play against Arkansas - Newton plays for Auburn.)

Edited by The Senator

Guest dog14787

he reminds me alot of Randall Cunningham, or possibly Vince Young. At this point I like to see more of him before rushing to judgement.

+1

somebody we should keep our eyes on

Edited by dog14787

I'd like to see him play a little more QB and a little less RB before anointing him a bonafide NFL QB prospect....

See: 129 rushes, 122 pass attempts.

Exactly this. While I do like his arm, it's a small sample size. Unfortunately Malzahn is not going to have him chuck when the offense they've been running has been nearly unstoppable.

I'd like to see him play a little more QB and a little less RB before anointing him a bonafide NFL QB prospect....

See: 129 rushes, 122 pass attempts.

Yeah. I've only seen highlights, but I don't see much if any drop back-progressions-throw. Instead it's dropback - look - scramble - create. I'm not against running QBs, but not until they can run progressions, understand the defense and get it out fast.

Yeah. I've only seen highlights, but I don't see much if any drop back-progressions-throw. Instead it's dropback - look - scramble - create. I'm not against running QBs, but not until they can run progressions, understand the defense and get it out fast.

Same as Locker. That's why I want Luck.

Brilliant!!! JaMarcus Jr.

Awesome analysis buddy, big black Qb=Jamarcus.

Have you ever watched him play? the kid is more like randall cunningham or Vince Young.

Awesome as in Jamarcus Russell and Darren McFadden? :wallbash:

More like our attempt at VY and Chris Johnson

Awesome analysis buddy, big black Qb=Jamarcus.

Have you ever watched him play? the kid is more like randall cunningham or Vince Young.

More like our attempt at VY and Chris Johnson

I will make the fairly obvious assumption that his association was not based on race but rather the fact that they are both big, SEC qbs that are going to suck nuts in the NFL (or did suck nuts in Russels case)