Codero Howard to Start At Right Tackle...

BillsPhan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What satifaction do some fans get from seeing the Bills throw a series of marginal players out on the field, as replacements for what are most likely marginally better marginal players?

The new marginal players are younger and still have hope to improve overtime; the same hope that Bills' fans have for the Bills.

Sweet Jesus, another 'wahhhmbulance' thread... :rolleyes:

You should be HAPPY that Cordero Howard is moving up the starting RT. Cornell Green is, er...um...'not very good' is about as nicely as I can put it - and, btw, Jason Peters was an undrafted free agent too. So was Pat Williams, London Fletcher, etc.

Lots of NFL greats were undrafted - give the guy a chance.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

15 and 5 baby!!!!! B-)

OW!!

Darn it, Sen...you HAD to throw the Pat Williams and London Fletcher thing out there, huh?

Really?

Thanks for pointing all that out, Captain Obvious! :rolleyes:

BTW, drafts used to last as many 30 rounds in the 1950s, 20 in the '60's, 17 rounds in the 70's, and 12 rounds as recently as 1992. Jack Kemp was drafted in the 17th round. Johnny Unitas in the 9th. Daryle Lamonica in the 24th.

This subject comes up every now and then, so I've done some looking up previously - you'd be surprised at some of the undrafted stars of the NFL, even with that many rounds. I know I was...

Best undrafted NFL players

Not saying the number off undrafted stars will ever exceed the number drafted ones but, with seven round drafts, we're going to see an increasing number of undrafted gems. (And, as Buddy Nix has stated, it's an 'inexpensive' way to fill out a roster, too!)

If you're going to go back to the sixties, I'm going to have to point out that there were far fewer teams. Plus in the early 60s, there were two competing drafts - the NFL and AFL. The NFL had 14 teams in the mid-1960s, and 20x14 (280) isn't a whole lot different from the number of draft picks in recent years (between 255 and 261 - http://football.about.com/cs/nfldrafthistory/a/nfldraftirrelev.htm ).

The new marginal players are younger and still have hope to improve overtime; the same hope that Bills' fans have for the Bills.

That hope is marginal.

I think it can make the organization (and the other players) look worse than it actually is, and can undercut progress some other young players (players that might actually have hope for a decent career) might be making.

I guess it's not worth arguing over though.

I believe he was a RT for a left handed QB in college. Also, whether he was played at LT or not is a different story. Your post seemed to indicate that we picked a guard with that high a pick. And I am saying that is not the case - he was picked to play LT for the Bills but was gradually demoted and let go when we started realizing the guy just plain sucked no matter the position.

He was a RT in college. He was picked as RT with the thought that he could dominate at RT and eventually move to LT. He never did move to LT. EVER. Did not have the feet or the athletic ability. He was lazy and slow.